May 25, 2017
southern mines area mother load
Detector(s) used
AT gold,
Bazooka,
any gold pan will do
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out of the 442 claim owners in tuolumne county they represent all?
That's not the way the old mining districts worked before the wars..

The web site is sketchy and has no update or info about this meeting, very professional of them

There are real mining activities in tuolumne, I doubt any real operations are attending

Who's got skin in this game? Any officers here or any one going? The lack of info on flyer and off weekday after Work meeting seems exclusionary. My neighbors are not in this so why should I recognize their fake news?

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Garrote Gold asked:
Out of the 442 claim owners in tuolumne county they represent all?
That's not the way the old mining districts worked before the wars..
The web site is sketchy and has no update or info about this meeting, very professional of them
There are real mining activities in tuolumne, I doubt any real operations are attending
Who's got skin in this game? Any officers here or any one going? The lack of info on flyer and off weekday after Work meeting seems exclusionary. My neighbors are not in this so why should I recognize their fake news?
Keep everyone updated with what you find out thanks.

OP
OP
Garrote Gold

Garrote Gold

May 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
AT gold,
Bazooka,
any gold pan will do
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't make it, doesn't amra have most claims/members in tuolumne? How come they don't do a mining district?

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"Active producing Claims"

Hello
GarroteGold asked:
I can't make it, doesn't amra have most claims/members in tuolumne? How come they don't do a mining district?
"Types of Active producing Claims" could be a factor?

OP
OP
Garrote Gold

Garrote Gold

May 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
AT gold,
Bazooka,
any gold pan will do
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow what kind of funny business is going on with everyone trying to have a district? That meeting is coming up, has anyone ever been to a meeting here that can shed some light about what goes on please-these people are all on tnet right?

Im guessing no one wants to talk about it and pretend it doesn't exist on both sides- will there be protesters from mmac? or am i going to get a timeshare/pyramid scheme ask for donations type speech to benefit from their formation of the district?
Im on the fence about this whole issue, seems like no one is talking it up. It sounds like Ayso soccer organizers infighting about who can represent whos turf lol.......

MMAC California Districts - USA Minerals & Mining Advisory Council Districts

CENTRAL CALIFORNIA MMAC Notice:

Robert Guardiola has been terminated from MMAC in all and any representations. He is not allowed to use any MMAC materials as Roberts ideas are inconsistent with laws rules and regulations for MMAC and Mining District laws. Roberts mining districts are not recognized by MMAC or federally recognized in the modern day sense. (Grizzly Flat, Mariposa (This is not represented correctly. Many MMAC organized districts already exist.) , Lower Calaveritas & Murphys.) If any miners from the following mining districts would like to be recognized correctly and federally please contact MMAC.

Kevin Bell has been terminated from MMAC in all and any representations. He is not allowed to use any MMAC materials as Kevins ideas are inconsistent with laws rules and regulations for MMAC and Mining Districts Laws. Kevins mining districts are not recognized by MMAC or federally recognized in the modern day sense. (Grizzly Flat, Mariposa, (This is not represented correctly. Many MMAC organized districts already exist.), Lower Calaveritas & Murphys.) If any miners from the following mining districts would like to be recognized correctly and federally please contact MMAC.

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"THEY HAVE ABSOLUTLEY NO AUTHORITY WHATS SO EVER"
Just ignore it.. probably the best bet..
AMRA RIGHTTOMINE MININGDISTRICTS>COM MMAC And so many others have long abused the integrity of the small scale mining community..

Other then the ignorance and donations that affords them breath they absolutely have no Merit or legal authority to exercise the power they claim to hold..

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you can read past posts here, http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...ining-district-meeting-january-sonora-ca.html
read them all, send Kevin or Robert a PM if you have questions
A mining district should be local, seems like getting people to stand up for their rights
would be a good thing, how many mining claim owners are there in California? +30,000?
I'm sorry, but peoples stubbornness to be sooo independent has gotten us where we are today...
what it should look like;
dont_tread_on_me.jpg
what it actually looked like; (can you hear the crickets)
brown_grass_at_California_state_capitol_-_Google_Search.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Garrote Gold

Garrote Gold

May 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
AT gold,
Bazooka,
any gold pan will do
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you can read past posts here, http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...ining-district-meeting-january-sonora-ca.html
read them all, send Kevin or Robert a PM if you have questions
A mining district should be local, seems like getting people to stand up for their rights
would be a good thing, how many mining claim owners are there in California? +30,000?
I'm sorry, but peoples stubbornness to be sooo independent has gotten us where we are today...
what it should look like;
View attachment 1460165
what it actually looked like; (can you hear the crickets)
View attachment 1460166

wow, thats a thread and a half- a little deeper into the rabbit hole than I wanted to know about.

any other mineral miners going to be there or is it just a non load claim type gold fever mining district event? I dont have any issues with the authority yet, but I havent actually disturbed a significant amount of land yet. Can these groups help bring back high banking or dredging? That would be worth a donation

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Garrote Gold -

The relevance of Mining Districts is clearly stated in US Code

United States Code Title 30 - MINERAL LANDS AND MINING
CHAPTER 2 - MINERAL LANDS AND REGULATIONS IN GENERAL
Sec. 22 - Lands open to purchase by citizens

§22. Lands open to purchase by citizens
Except as otherwise provided, all valuable mineral deposits in lands belonging to the United States, both surveyed and unsurveyed, shall be free and open to exploration and purchase, and the lands in which they are found to occupation and purchase, by citizens of the United States and those who have declared their intention to become such, under regulations prescribed by law, and according to the local customs or rules of miners in the several mining districts, so far as the same are applicable and not inconsistent with the laws of the United States. In a nutshell, claimholders make the mining rules and regulations (including mining practices) in their District.

winners58 is correct - we need claim owners to stand up for their rights - Mining Districts are one of the best tools we have to be a voice at the table and better yet be heard.

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mad Marshall - what is the basis for your first statement? Please provide the appropriate documentation (see my previous thread with US Code) for your assumption. something besides baseless statements...

Also what have you done personally to further the fight against SB 637?

OP
OP
Garrote Gold

Garrote Gold

May 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
AT gold,
Bazooka,
any gold pan will do
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but I dont think there ever was a county wide mining district, yes? no? so this is not really bringing back the past perfect golden mining districts pre world wars? Please spare me the stamp and please send me the notes from the meeting i missed.

werent the mining districts the ones who let the discriminatory mining acts through? Great job on that in the history books haha

mining districts, I just dont see it being used for good, just against others...... I would rather form a mining district with my neighbors and have meetings to vote, not some one 100 miles from my claim in the same county. anyone with any real history an insight on this scam going on? What has your mining district done for me lately? lol

Last edited:

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Garrote Gold - Yes there was (and now re-staffed!) a Tuolumne County Mining District. This covered all other areas in the County not covered by smaller districts. This assured that there were rules and regulations in place for all mining claims.

You can certainly re-staff one of the smaller districts closer to you or just participate in the one already in operation.
Since State legislators like to see large numbers of constituents it may be better to stick together for a while.

What can the district do for you? Allow you to operate your claim in the manner you choose. The law as shown above only recognizes "miners in their mining districts", i.e. claim holders operating together in a Mining District. It does not recognize claimholders operating individually, which means you operate under CA State law. It also does not recognize miners who are not property owners. What does this mean? If you are not a claimholder your only right noted in the law is the right to explore. You have to operate under the CA State law until you become a property owner (claim holder) and join a Mining District.

What's the alternative? Do nothing and let the State decide how you operate your claim. Let's see how that working so far? SB 637 is the beginning of limits on mining. If we don't show UNIFIED opposition then they will just keep tightening the screws until we give up mining altogether, which of course is their goal. We are the only US citizens who have a US law that guarantees our access to Public lands. They will work endlessly with their environmental allies until they take everything away.

First dredging, now mechanized mining in streams, then beach mining then desert mining. Game Over.

We need to unite in the only method recognized by Federal law, which is the Mining Districts. That is how we will overcome the State of CA

Last edited:

SunshineMiner

Jun 2, 2014
Someplace Sunny, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Let me guess... To be a "member" of the mining district there are some nice fees or donations? Or by simply being a claim holder and attending meetings does one qualify to be part of the district... If its already staffed, who are the staff, what are their roles, and where can we find a record of the proceedings from the meeting? Shouldnt all that be public info?

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
SunshineMiner - I can speak specifically for Mariposa Mining District - not sure about Tuolumne.

Yes if you are a claim holder in the district you qualify to be a District member. (see US Code above)
How much does it cost? Zero.
Officers are different for each District. Mariposa has a President, Secretary and a 7 member BOD.
Can we charge dues? Yes we have the ability to charge dues in our bylaws but won't do so until the expenditures warrant such action. Bylaws have recently been approved in our District and will be filed shortly. Once filed they will be posted online.

As stated above you have three choices:
1. Join the MD and operate your claim how you want
2. Operate your claim individually and follow the State law - and whatever continued restrictions they decide
3. Say "forget the MD and State laws I'll do want I want, when I want" - be prepared when USFS steps up enforcement. SOON.

It's really that simple. Your choice.

Are you a claimholder in Tuolumne?

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
SunshineMiner every district has to go through the LAFCO process in California if they intend to collect money from the district members. Then they are subject to the Brown Act and the Sunshine Act.

As public agencies, special districts are held accountable to their
local voters. They must file independent audits with the county
auditor and annual financial transaction and compensation reports
with the State Controller’s Office. Like cities and counties, every
special district board must comply with Fair Political Practices
Commission (FPPC) regulations, the Public Records Act, and all open
meeting requirements in the Brown Act.

If you want to know what happened in a board meeting you have 30
days to request a copy of the record. Some of the things the board
of the mining district are doing now should include:

Form 700s:
As soon as the new district board of directors is elected or
appointed, each member is required to complete a Form 700.
The Form 700 is a conflict of interest disclosure statement
that contains documentation related to all financial interests
in business and property held by district board members. The
Form 700 contains detailed completion instructions and more
information is available online at California Fair Political Practices Commission.
New Form 700s must be completed upon election
or appointment, annually by the end of April, and
within 30 days of leaving office.

AB 1234 ethics training
There are many important laws and regulations governing
the operation and management of special districts. Special
districts are a form of local government, and the state’s
Fair Political Practices Act, conflict of interest, and related
laws apply to board members as soon as they are elected or
appointed to a special district board. At its core, the ethics
laws prohibit board members from using their positions on the
board to benefit themselves financially.
To learn ethics-related laws and requirements, board members
are required to attend a two-hour ethics training class within
30 days of election or appointment to the board, and every
two years thereafter. Each special district is required to keep
a copy of board member ethics certifications on file at the
district office, and to provide a copy to any member of the
public who requests one. There are many opportunities to take
ethics training, which is usually offered through your county or
also conveniently offered on DVD, webinar, or in person as a
benefit of membership of CSDA.

If the "district" is not LAFCO approved they are probably just a club or hobby association and any fees, membership or rules would be voluntary.

I'm a little surprised these matters aren't being discussed openly. It seems the district would be trying to ensure at least 50% of their potential voters would approve at the LAFCO hearing. In my experience the best way to reach a consensus is through open dialogue. Perhaps these fundamental requirements for recognition are discussed openly at their meetings.

Also surprising is the implication that mining district regulations might be able to nullify or change State or Federal laws. Becoming a governing district doesn't override other government entities authority. There are a lot of advantages for miner's of a properly formed mining district but ignoring current State law isn't one of those advantages. Dangling that fake carrot in front of county wide claim owners to get a vote could easily lead to a failed LAFCO review.

If you are a claim owner inside the proposed district SunshineMiner you have a right to review the records produced by the proposed district as does every other member of the public. You may have to make that request in writing to make it happen. TNet is probably not the best place for proposed Mining District public records requests. :laughing7:

Heavy Pans

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Clay Diggins -

I never implied that the Mining Districts might be able to nullify or change Federal laws - in fact, The US Code section I posted states that we are required to follow federal law. We are also required to comply with State laws regarding location, manner of recording, amount of work necessary to hold possession of a mining claim.

"... and according to the local customs or rules of miners in the several mining districts, so far as the same are applicable and not inconsistent with the laws of the United States."

US Code Title 30 Chap 2 Section 28 defines State law requirements:

"The miners of each mining district may make regulations not in conflict with the laws of the United States, or with the laws of the State or Territory in which the district is situated, governing the location, manner of recording, amount of work necessary to hold possession of a mining claim, subject to the following requirements..."

This is the title of the California Code
Public Resources Code - PRC
DIVISION 3.5. MINES AND MINING [3900 - 3985]**( Division 3.5 added by Stats. 1988, Ch. 259, Sec. 11. )

CHAPTER 1. Manner of Locating Mining Claims, Tunnel Rights, and Millsites

What I am stating is that per the Federal Law, Property owners (claim holders) have the right to create local customs or rules of miners in their districts, i.e. they make the rules and set mining practices for their district. The State has limited power to define actual mining practices.

With that said, Yes I understand that California is enforcing the Clean Water Act and have added additional State requirements. This is something that the Mining Districts need to review and implement as necessary.

As I stated in previous posts, MDs have a long road. We have to navigate the minefield of regulations, making sure that we comply with necessary regs without hurting district members by ceding our authority to other agencies. There are a few districts (Waldo and Galice for instance) that have been operating for some time but they are in Oregon. Oregon is a CWA enforcement state and I don't know how their laws affect districts in their state.

Bottom line: Something has to be done. The State of CA will continue to erode our abilities to mine until we're down to using a pan and teaspoon.

I began this process because I want to make sure my rights (and the rights of other CA miners) are maintained - We should be working together to make sure this happens. I understand miners questioning the validity of MDs and how things are being handled but what are our other options, if any? In reviewing Federal and State law I can't find any.

CD I know you, winners58 and others have spent many hours researching, reading and compiling information. I am asking you to help me validate to myself and other miners that I am on the right path. I have stated before that I don't have all the answers - I spend many hours researching and reading through documents, case summaries, codes and laws. Why do I spend time doing this? Because I want to protect my mining rights and as a result hopefully other miners rights. It is imperative that we research and compile a document that provides the framework to protect our rights. I want to be a part of that process. I hope other miners join in so that we can distribute the workload, which you know is vast.

If this isn't the right path, what are our alternatives?

Last edited:

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mad Marshall - what is the basis for your first statement? Please provide the appropriate documentation (see my previous thread with US Code) for your assumption. something besides baseless statements...

Also what have you done personally to further the fight against SB 637?

I know that the Mining Districts you created with Robert are all B.S.. Everyone of them.. Look if you want to believe your districts are Valid and a SAVEALL .. well that's your business.. If you choose to go around and misinform and assert yourself as some kind leader or experienced miner/Prospector more power to you.. Me I don't have the time for the likes of you nor the company you keep..

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mad Marshall -

Thank you for your ill informed, undocumented post. Not sure how you "know" since you won't document or prove anything.

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mad Marshall -

Thank you for your ill informed, undocumented post. Not sure how you "know" since you won't document or prove anything.

Its Hot.. I'm exhausted.. believe it or not some of us prospectors and miners actually go outside.. Me I had a long week I'm just chillin.. I do not wish to go thru my files and copy and paste crap for you.. Go thru older threads I believe its been explained before why your districts are "FAKE".. Anyway enjoy your retirement enjoy your weekend mining and your little recreational mining equipment pursuits.. But honestly I find it more likely I will stand against you then ever stand with you. I do not think for one moment you have anyones best interests in mind with the exception of your own..
Take it leave it bury it do what you will.... Enjoy your day.. try to find some gold in the ground for a change.. And leave your fellow man alone..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions