Prospecting in Larimer County Colorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi all, I'm going to have a few days coming up soon to prospect in Larimer County CO. I'm particularly interested in Open Space lands, picnic areas, etc where a mining claim cannot be filed (so I don't have to worry about mineral trespass). I've read about an open space park in Laporte which is on the Cache Le Poudre River and has gold. This makes me hope for more!

Got tips? Post here or PM me :)

Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Kev I was there in that area and had a float trip on that river and I was told you cant prospect that area........Now I don't know who that person was or if I read this also here on Tnet. So I cant really say anything about the area for sure! But it is a beautiful location to go!

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kev I was there in that area and had a float trip on that river and I was told you cant prospect that area........Now I don't know who that person was or if I read this also here on Tnet. So I cant really say anything about the area for sure! But it is a beautiful location to go!

True Russ, no digging in the Poudre river itself. Happily there are many miles of other streams in the immediate area :) That is where I'm focused.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread