Oregon Suction Dredge Permanent Ban

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"Watering place or place of public resort is situated".

Hello
This reminds this one of the 1872 "Act of watering place or place of public resort is situated" made by "Special secession Section 2, page 3 House 1872" Oregon. As well as the "Conduct or language at public resort, Jurisdiction of courts" by "Special secession Section 1, page 3 House 1871" Oregon.
Both cover "Watering place or place of public resort". :icon_scratch:

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello
This reminds this one of the 1872 "Act of watering place or place of public resort is situated" made by "Special secession Section 2, page 3 House 1872" Oregon. As well as the "Conduct or language at public resort, Jurisdiction of courts" by "Special secession Section 1, page 3 House 1871" Oregon.
huh? Never mind.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello

Yes they do make some pretty stupid laws!

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My bad

Hello
My bad a better example is :
All water within the state from all sources of water supply belong to the public, L. 1909, ch. 221, section 1, page 370.
Provision is made for the appropriation of public waters and not of private waters, existing rights or vested rights being carefully preserved. Henrici v. Paulson, (1930) 134 Or. 222, 293 P. 424
The above should relate better to the topic at hand.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello
My bad a better example is :

The above should relate better to the topic at hand.
At least this one will not be looking for any likes on this post...........:laughing7:

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arcanslaw / SW Misery
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I for one won't ***** about it. I'm no tree hugger but we humans don't need to destroy everything in our path in order to collect every flake of precious metal in the cheapest way possible. If anything this will help protect big mining operations from pillaging what might make for some good panning grounds for future generations. It's not like suction dredging is the only method for collecting gold. I for one don't want anyone dredging my hanky panky pad, so let's lets keep salmon prices down by not driving them to the brink of extinction, mkay.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ECONOMIC VIABILITY- aka- the Prudent Man Rule predicates the ways and means needed to prove out a claim and maintain it's validity. A dredge is the most efficient eco friendly manner in which to do so. I for one don't eat salmon-or any fish anymore so their price does not enter into the equation. There are many studies proving that dredgers loosed impacted gravels for which they need to spawn, and other species also. Long running droughts have turned streams into cemented gravels where nothing can spawn. Go to Fish and Wildlife Dredging website for California and there are dozens of studies posted under comments that have the studies I speak of. Dredged over 42 years and have first hand experience and not propaganda to rely on. And what insipid place is a hanky panky pad for sanities sake??? Over fishing -also facts posted with the government own facts- is the culprit to fish demise and NEVER forget them insane gill nets on the rivers decimating anything in their path. John

OP
OP
B

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I for one won't ***** about it. I'm no tree hugger but we humans don't need to destroy everything in our path in order to collect every flake of precious metal in the cheapest way possible. If anything this will help protect big mining operations from pillaging what might make for some good panning grounds for future generations. It's not like suction dredging is the only method for collecting gold. I for one don't want anyone dredging my hanky panky pad, so let's lets keep salmon prices down by not driving them to the brink of extinction, mkay.

Well Oregon would welcome you with open arms. You being an individual who uses a metal detector; you would love how Oregon regulates us human destructionists. In Oregon you are required to get a permit to metal detect on the coastal beaches. When you find something of value you are to turn it in to the State and they will hold it for 60 days, or so, awaiting someone to claim it. If it is unclaimed you will be given back your discovery. If you want to access the beach via motorized methods you will have to buy a permit sticker and be limited to where and when you can go........primarily to protect the "Oregon Coastal Population of Snowy Plovers" that lost all their habitat via Government destruction (planting European Beach Grass). The Plover has been protected for 15 years now with little change in population.....yet thousands occupy other areas in Oregon and have genetic interchange within all geographic locations (meaning they can fly).
Oregon continues to harvest all species of Salmon and fisherman kill them vigorously......as the State derives revenue from such takings. Timber harvest in Oregon used be a viable economic factor and now there is almost zero timber harvest. The trees now exist as "fuel loads" for forest fires and burn annually creating destruction without human benefit but rather tremendous financial costs fighting/containing the huge destructive fires
No doubt you would enjoy this Blue State which regulates and closes public lands to users.

You appear to be typical of the "anti crowd" assuming such destruction concepts. Interesting how such assumptions are never supported with "facts"....only projections of fear. Yep........come on out to Oregon and be on your "hanky panky pad". This state is full of such mindsets.

Bejay

Last edited:

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
btw, the price of salmon is not "down". I delivered 23 salmon off my commercial boat at $11 per pound. I would say pretty unaffordable for the average consumer after it goes through the marketing chain. In Oregon there was a quite successful program with hatch boxes using stream water that was shutdown by unelected officials in the pursuit of "wild" fish even though the fish eggs raised in the hatchboxes came from wild stock. The gill netting in the Klamath River by the Indians is a result of the "Boldt decision" which gives half the fish to the treaty tribes. I know a few miners that I respect tend to disagree with me simply because I put the beans on the table by fishing to which there is nothing I can say.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If they were concerned with fish they would stop spraying toxins in the skies and they'd worry more about the millions of cattle crapping everywhere in the watershed. Where do they think that all goes?
Oregon is getting what they voted for. Can't feel sorry for them. When their freedoms become important enough they will unite. Until then enjoy the tyranny. It's the left cost mind set.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
miners don't kill fish. Anglers ,natives and poor river mangement does.

Mines have to reclaim in the US. The impact they have on the environment is minimal.

Saying that you don't want the big guys to mess up good panning ground. For the weekenders out for a few flakes is pretty dang backwards and illustrate very well another silly attitude modern prospectors have to deal with.

Coming from people who tend to know very little about the subject they bash.

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Tell ya what, anyone that wants to "pan" down to bedrock on my portion of this Oregon creek is more than welcome, in fact I'll match (give you) the gold you recover flake for flake. However it would only be fair to match my offer...you match me and my dredge pennyweight for pennyweight. If (and I hear it often) "we have to save "whatever' for the future generation don't you think they should have the right to learn from professionals how to do it before we all pass away..?
There's a multitude of real information you can acquire from a few of the above posters. But they know, as I, that this is now a world of 30 sec. sound bites and a two hour read is just beyond most people....but "killing fish and producing plumes of mercury" fits well into that 30 seconds.
You have to know Oregon/California land masses and population (voters) areas.The Motherload, upper Cal./Klamath/ Southwest Oregon areas don't have a chance of having their votes count. But by golly those city folks want to be able to travel to their "dream" locations on a weekend a couple of times a year. Love to see them put on something besides brand new hiking boots and to live off the grid year round. Ah, dang it, just remembered I got a pair of brand new boots. Yep, broke down and replaced them Wolverines that saw at least six years (approx. 6000miles +/- ) on them.
Here's a smile maybe, cause I've made myself a promise not to be gloomy on the internet:
The State of Oregon has a bill that wants all alcoholic beverages banned on State beaches (which is 100 % of the Oregon coast) because of all the cans and bottles left behind....I guess soda cans and bottles don't count. What kind of loonies are driving the bus??//

OP
OP
B

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I spent 45 minutes typing an informative response about STEP (Salmon Trout Enhancement Program) hatch boxes abolished by the Oregon Dept of Fish & Game....only to have it disappear when I went to post it. Something about I not being logged in when in fact I was. Admin needs to correct such problems. The hatch box program on private properties used to take the eggs from fry to smolts and kept the rivers full of fish. But the State only wants wild fish with no human intervention.......per the "greenie purists organizations" political influence.

Bejay

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent 45 minutes typing an informative response about STEP (Salmon Trout Enhancement Program) hatch boxes abolished by the Oregon Dept of Fish & Game....only to have it disappear when I went to post it. Something about I not being logged in when in fact I was. Admin needs to correct such problems. The hatch box program on private properties used to take the eggs from fry to smolts and kept the rivers full of fish. But the State only wants wild fish with no human intervention.......per the "greenie purists organizations" political influence.

Bejay

It has happened to me too Bejay. and auto save doesn't help often.

you can set your page to stay logged in constantly.

If I type something lengthy I copy it si if my page times me out when I click post I can log back in and paste the response and post it.

bcfromfl

Feb 18, 2016
Youngstown, FL
Detector(s) used
GPX 4500,
Fisher Gold Bug Pro,
Gold Hog stream sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ctrl "C" is your friend! I learned the hard way, too...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread