New Mining Claim Maps

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Land Matters has added another map layer to the Mining Claims Maps.

If you have a mining claim, are thinking of making a mining claim, have an open area you like to prospect or if you just like seeing the claim trends this is the map layer for you.

This new map layer represents the Sections that have had Mining Claims added to the BLM's ACTIVE mining case file list over the last update period (approximately a 15 day period).

The New Claims layer changes it's content twice a month. In some report periods your State BLM may not have added any new ACTIVE mining claims to the database. Check back often to see changes in your area of interest.

This map layer is best viewed initially with a minimal set of layers. The new claims Sections will be very obvious on a plain white map or an aerial background. The larger lines of the New Claims layer will be less obvious if the mining claims or PLSS layers are displayed.

Just in time for the summer prospecting season the New Claims map layer is now available on all the western states claims maps. Give it a try, I hope you find it useful. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I saw that show up on the site a few days ago and was curious...good to learn what's up!

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Land Matters has more mining claim map additions coming very soon. Besides seeing new map layers on the map itself the Mining Claims Map page has brief descriptions of new map layers added.

Heavy Pans

I would suggest adding the claims that drop off the LR2000 as a second data set to that map layer. That would actually be a more useful piece of information to have if looking to obtain a claim.
Not sure how you would combine the two data sets in a situation where a claim is dropped AND re-added in the same month. May be better to have it as a separate map layer.

Good work. Must be a PIA to make sure the geoprocessing tools are running properly each month.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would suggest adding the claims that drop off the LR2000 as a second data set to that map layer. That would actually be a more useful piece of information to have if looking to obtain a claim.
Not sure how you would combine the two data sets in a situation where a claim is dropped AND re-added in the same month. May be better to have it as a separate map layer.

Good work. Must be a PIA to make sure the geoprocessing tools are running properly each month.

Mylandmatters "claims advantage" members get that info with each Semi-monthly update. Chip in $100 and you'll get it too!

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kevin, I'm already set with places to prospect so I don't do very much research on new claims.
Good to know they do offer that info though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread