Gold trap

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, I compared an early prototype to a Bazooka and confirmed the Grizzly was just as good. Since then I understand they've improved the Grizzly's trap further so I'm excited to get my hands on a production version soon!!
...maybe in a week or two (fingers crossed).

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I compared an early prototype to a Bazooka and confirmed the Grizzly was just as good. Since then I understand they've improved the Grizzly's trap further so I'm excited to get my hands on a production version soon!!
...maybe in a week or two (fingers crossed).

I have also been keeping an eye on the grizzly Kevin. Been keeping an eye on you also and have come to respect your opinions. Keep posting.
Richard

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Are there any videos of said grizzly trap? Id like to see one in action. Hell, i don't even know what they look like! Kevin, hook us up with some pictures from your testing!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That video shows that this is NO light weight , flimsy sluice and should take a beating and keep on ticking!

Any idea when they'll be available?

Website is set up for "pre-order" only.

OP
OP
R

RattlingDan

May 30, 2017
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Silver Sabre, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad you used one, Kevin. It appears as though you have the Bazooka. I ordered the Grizzly Explorer a few weeks ago and am looking forward to using it.
Dan

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm glad you used one, Kevin. It appears as though you have the Bazooka. I ordered the Grizzly Explorer a few weeks ago and am looking forward to using it.
Dan

Yup, I have three Bazookas: Prospector, Sniper, Supermini. Also an Angus Mackirk for low water. In the next month or so I expect to get a Grizzly Goldtrap and a Gold Hog too. Hope it all fits in my truck! Actually, I'll probably sell whichever Bazooka the Grizzly is similar to...or maybe donate, we shall see.

Gold4Mike

May 10, 2017
Mount Vernon, Washington
Detector(s) used
Angus Mackirk Foreman
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer
Gold Hog Piglet highbanker
Home made slate miller table
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I pre-ordered one too, but it seems they are already behind on the predicted shipping dates. ???

OP
OP
R

RattlingDan

May 30, 2017
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Silver Sabre, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got an Email from Dennis at GGT yesterday. Sounds like shipping may begin late next week!

Gold4Mike

May 10, 2017
Mount Vernon, Washington
Detector(s) used
Angus Mackirk Foreman
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer
Gold Hog Piglet highbanker
Home made slate miller table
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got an Email from Dennis at GGT yesterday. Sounds like shipping may begin late next week!

I didn't get that email. :dontknow:
I did get this one back on June 2nd: "Our fabricator needed to make two adjustments on the thermoform molds (needed on all three models) so the first run of products is moved back to next week. So shipment of products will commence around end of next week."
That should have been around the 9th. I haven't heard anything since.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
I didn't see any bashing in your post russau. The post was very complementary.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions