Lynx Creek Gold

Arachnofreak

Nov 16, 2012
Prescott Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello All,

I have not posted in a very long time (Been freakin busy!) but I thought I would post a picture of a nice little piece I find out near Lynx Creek in Prescott Valley AZ.

It weighs exactly one half gram. Always nice to see pretty stuff like that in the pan :)

-Freak

Attachments

• 20170618_115542.jpg
    20170618_115542.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 243
Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on a beautiful Picker! :hello2:

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice Nuggie!!!!!
Now I don't want to hijack but when does a picker begin to be called a nugget?
To me you found a golden boulder that weighs a much as my last years total of W.Wash dust :notworthy:

OP
OP
A

Arachnofreak

Nov 16, 2012
Prescott Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
lol, I'm not sure what the "rule" is but for me anything 1 gram and over I call a nugget. Anything below that I call a picker.

Dwrizzol

Sep 21, 2017
Tucson, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am interested in gold panning on Lynx Creek. I have a few questions regarding water flow or lack thereof. Is there water there throughout the year, at least enough for panning? When or if does the creek flow? I will be coming up from Tucson and would hate to find a dry wash.

OP
OP
A

Arachnofreak

Nov 16, 2012
Prescott Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am really sorry I missed this until now, I don't keep up on posts very well. The creek usually has at least enough water to pan in. I've only seen it completely dry a few times and even then you could dig down to find enough water to pan in. If you do make it out this way I can show you some pretty good areas. PM me for more info.

Charlie

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am interested in gold panning on Lynx Creek. I have a few questions regarding water flow or lack thereof. Is there water there throughout the year, at least enough for panning? When or if does the creek flow? I will be coming up from Tucson and would hate to find a dry wash.

I spent a day at lynx creek last December. Not much water in the creek. All I found was a couple small pieces but it was too frozen to dig much. I carried in a gallon of water and a small tub to pan with. Lynx lake is right nearby.

OP
OP
A

Arachnofreak

Nov 16, 2012
Prescott Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I spent a day at lynx creek last December. Not much water in the creek. All I found was a couple small pieces but it was too frozen to dig much. I carried in a gallon of water and a small tub to pan with. Lynx lake is right nearby.

When it freezes like that I start digging in the creek. Break the ice on top and it's easy digging after that :). Well, easyish. allot of big rocks but other than that easy lol. Just make sure to remember to wear two pairs of socks underneath your rubber boots.

Charlie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread