The Hypocrisy of California

n01d3x

Apr 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
US gives initial OK to send water south from NorCal

Reading this article, while knowing what the State of CA is claiming dredging does to the wildlife, is down right torture. This $16 billion dollar project, for two 4 story high tunnels under the delta will and I quote, "not jeopardize endangered fish in the largest fresh-water estuary on the West Coast", but my 4" dredge will destroy every aquatic species in 100 mile radius of even a puddle of water.
Then there's this quote from Gov. Brown that shows how much he truly cares about protecting the environment. ""There's so many dams and channels and bypasses - I don't know if people are aware of how engineered our water system is," Brown said, adding that the Delta already was no longer the wild habitat of "some mythical golden past."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's why I mine in Nevada.

California born and raised but I'm now a Texan.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They spend millions every year to keep the ocean out of the DRYING DELTA to protect fish with dams. Then they want to steal all the delta water and send it south. Once the ocean invades the salt has killed the delta and fisheries sooo TOTAL INSANITY for Jerries ego and legacy like the trillion dollar bullet train from Fresno to Bakersfield? sic sic sic devastation as my dredge rots....John

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
There's NO REASON for ANY dry land on the West Coast when there's a ocean all around our Country! Desalinization is the answer to ALL of these problems BUT our so-called "Representatives" would rather fight than earn their money and not only help our Country and her people but get something working here in America! If people think that these so called "representatives " represent the American people you have are WRONG! They represent "their party" and that includes ALL political party's! Sorry for the rant!

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Home made drop riffle, 'zook' mini prospector, 'zook' sniper
Primary Interest:
Other
Desal. plants are a good idea russau ...but... as they (gubermint) found over here in Victoria Aust. building a plant took 2 years longer and was majorly over budget when finished. To add insult to injury Mother Nature decided to end the 11year drought just as it came on line...I don't think it has added a single drop to the 'city' dams but lined the business partners pockets, not to mention the increase in $ / K Litre.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

n01d3x

Apr 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
San Diego has a massive desalination plant. It cost over a billion dollars. It has been complete since 2015. It's just too expensive to run. I was down there and the plant was shut down because even during the drought it was cheaper for them to pay a premium for the water from Northern CA. One of the biggest problems is the attitude of Southern CA. I live in Norcal and during the drought we we threatened with fines for watering our lawns. I went to San Diego for a work related conference and the water wasting there was unreal. The hotel I stayed at must've had a messed up timer because the sprinklers ran all the time. One was directed at the parking lot and another was directed at a huge tree with no grass in sight. As a while Southern CA did little to conserve water. They don't care, they just buy more. It's just money after all. Another huge problem is companies like Nestle. Look up the crap they get to pull. At the end of the day, SoCal is an arid dessert with little to no rainfall, and for some reason we are shocked when they run out of water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread