last week or so

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well been pretty busy lately out and about. The river current is still strong and mobility along the river is still somewhat dangerous.. made a trip down part of the river a week ago using an inflatable kayak and it was quite the adventure. Didn't get to do as much sniping as I wanted too the river was runnin around 1200cfs and it was hard to find places I could avoid the current to snipe.. Also I couldn't get the weight even in the Kayak so I always had a left lean.. Needless to say I ate it a few times and found myself flipping and swimming thru some crazy rapids.. A little banged up but overall nothing to bad. Anyway managed not to lose anything but my backpack frame. anyway the river is down now and getting more and more manageable and I'm starting to get into areas I been wanting to get back too.. The water is cold and even in the 3mm I find myself cold as hell.. But another month it wont be to bad. But thats a little of what I been up too.. headed out again in a day or 2 for the 4th of July weekend and take a trip to new area and play around for a bit. Well I hope everyone is having a good year and staying safe and finding some gold..

Another crappy vid ...

Upvote 0

bcfromfl

Feb 18, 2016
Youngstown, FL
Detector(s) used
GPX 4500,
Fisher Gold Bug Pro,
Gold Hog stream sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They just had a spot on the nightly news about how dangerous the Sierra rivers are still -- necessitating a lot of rescues by various departments. Recommendations are to stay clear still...

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This week a young couple had to be rescued by helicopter after getting stranded and clinging to a boulder at the head of the waterfalls at Emerald pools on the S Yuba. Stay safe, stay alive, get the gold

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A person Must respect the water as it not nice to try to fool mother nature! Or physics!! Lets see, water weighs 8.3 lbs/gallon and One Cubic Foot of Water Weighs a little over 62 lbs! Yesterday the NFAR was at "Only" ~ 600 CFS, that is 37,200 lbs of water per Second! Do you think that will hold you under water till you run out of air! YUP. This is why a river will pin a raft to a rock and the raft can not be pried off till the water goes down.

Hey MM, good to know you are till out and about. I've no idea yet when I will be let loose from this job but I feel it will be soon, then to put my things in storage and head out for some relaxation, either to New Mexico or the canyon area, of course the water needs to be lower.

Be Safe Out There as it will take your life if you do not respect Ma Nature or Physics...................63bkpkr

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread