Return to "Bear Den".

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You cant keep The Goose and Majik Mike down. Lots of haters out there, Goose dont care.
In all seriousness, After talking with Mike about it, I cant let the actions of other people stop me from what I love doing, and thats digging and moving dirt. We had some video problems this trip. The GoPro wouldnt record and thats what we had set up on the Piglet. And on the way out while I was trying to give tips on back country mining, I managed to have a camera mans worst night mare. I "double punched" the record button so I lost about 2 minutes of good explanation on how to move through the bush without a trail.

Upvote 0

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that's entertainment! IMO....better than the DC show. Good to see you and MM back at er! Was out today and instead of saying "you're all millionaires".... I said "Damn the legends...this gold is MINE!" Found 3 specs........lol

keep em coming......

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goose,
Most entertaining as well as informative especially seeing someone as crazy as I've been "in the past", that was some steep Wild hillside! Good to see you out enjoying what you like to do!....................63bkpkr

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I never go down to place on a hot day, you now know why. Its not being down there that's hard but the climb out and I say the same thing, never again but after a little while the gold bug gets me and back I go and say the same thing again. Never Again. Wish you had gotten the piglet down to the gravel bar, that area has never been mined, at least since I have been going there "1993" Maybe I might bring down my highbanker and leave it there.

OP
OP
B

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never go down to place on a hot day, you now know why. Its not being down there that's hard but the climb out and I say the same thing, never again but after a little while the gold bug gets me and back I go and say the same thing again. Never Again. Wish you had gotten the piglet down to the gravel bar, that area has never been mined, at least since I have been going there "1993" Maybe I might bring down my highbanker and leave it there.

Its on our "to do" list. You will have to come with us on that trip.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha, the famous words. Never again. Done that a few times myself. Great video Goose. Keep them coming. Hopefully next time the store has the right nutrients. How dare they run out! Blasphemy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's a date, I know several other places at the Bear Den that we did not mine, this weekend I am going up to that old hydraulic mine to do a more serious test of the high bench there and do a little fishing too. Finally going to test out my new electric bike. DSC01293.JPG DSC01284.JPG 253.JPG Thought you might want see what it is like there, first pic is of the grizzly they used, old railroad tracks. Second is the old gas powered winch they used, third is a pic of the canyon there. Over 200ft to the top.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's a date, I know several other places at the Bear Den that we did not mine, this weekend I am going up to that old hydraulic mine to do a more serious test of the high bench there and do a little fishing too. Finally going to test out my new electric bike. View attachment 1466886 View attachment 1466887 View attachment 1466888 Thought you might want see what it is like there, first pic is of the grizzly they used, old railroad tracks. Second is the old gas powered winch they used, third is a pic of the canyon there. Over 200ft to the top.

Old hydraulic mine, high bench, maybe some bedrock cracks....sounds like maybe a good spot to do some metal detecting.

Good luck.

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Old hydraulic mine, high bench, maybe some bedrock cracks....sounds like maybe a good spot to do some metal detecting.

Good luck.
There is so much metal around there from the old pipes they used to get water there and the area is so over grown DSC01294.JPG I like your idea and maybe one day I will get the MD down there but I for now I know where the gold is. Thanks

jwwynacht

Tenderfoot
Jul 7, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im a prostpector in Washington looking for some good places to check out.. I have a backpack highbanker / 2 inch dredge combo. Ive been to the public areas at swauk creek and olny creek..but I'm looking to get off the beaten path. I don't mind hiking my equipment a bit and camping out or maybe trying some beach mining..been watching goose on youtube and discovery.. I cant wait to get a piglet or a raptor flare but for now I have a keene a52 river sluice with goldbuddy highbanker / dredge hopper box on it..took the riffle and mat out and replaced with gold hog river hog, talon, and scrubber , mats alternating..a 325 gpm pump and 20 ft of hose..I havnt had a chance to take it out yet but am looking to in the next few weeks.. also thinking of joining a few clubs..looking at prospectors plus and packwood prospectors. I'm from graham Washington, near Tacoma in pierce county..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread