Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Mariposa Mining District Authority is it real???

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mad Marshall

Nov 2012
    na
    1433 times
    Prospecting
    Our Team is here to help! If you have any questions or would like assistance in setting up your district, having us give a presentation to your mining club/group or facilitating your initial mining district meeting please call us or use the email form below.
    This is from MiningDistricts.com contact page..

GW made a analogy and I thought it only half represented the circumstance's..

There are rules books for golf, bowling, baseball, football , framing houses etc.

If you put a group of fellas together give them the football rule book tell them to read it, practice and meet the top ranked high school footbll team five fridays from now for a game they are going to get their butts handed to them.

Why? A guy called "Coach" just because rules and law are on the books knowledge and practical application aren't neccesarrily following right behind. It isn't always because of the capicity of the leader or participant.

when you put it like that it sounds so innocent..
    But what if those individuals claimed to be experts and claimed skills to rival the NFL and encouraged people to bet on them? and when the high school kids kicked their ass? How do you think people would feel?
    and that's just a stupid football game.. Now lets put that into context of OUR RIGHTS...

I understand good intentions well enough to know that I wouldn't let a doctor with good intentions heal me nor would I let a man with good intentions school my child.. I look for individuals that show expertise and competence and experience... And this goes for my rights as well..

And honestly I don't know what kind of person goes around educating people in things that they don't understand or comprehend fully themselves? If not for personal gain I suppose all is left is "good intentions".. Figures....
    Gentlemen honestly we need to protect our rights and this begins with personal knowledge and accountability.. If we allow individuals to go around and spread ignorance and portray the miner as ignorant then we are not just damming ourselves but other generations.. For me "GOOD INTENTIONS" just aint a good enough excuse..

I will not apologize for my bashing of AMRA and Miningdistricts.com .. And its likely I will not remain silent as long as they continue misinform people and represent themselves as something they are not..
    Garrote Gold likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    Gold Bug Pro, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil,
    8262 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Does someone who does not know or understand it fully them selves, have the right to be constantly critical and imply mal-intent simply based on differing opinion or distrust?

my assertion that MMD is not valid is based on my research and discussions here, Not based on the person(s) forming it.

Since there is no evidence or measure of intent. It is much more positive and helpful to approach those people and discuss it than it is to put them on blast in a public forum and make every accusation possible.

You couldn't even answer Kevins question. Really why should he or AMRA give you any kind of answer. They are nothing to you you are nothing to them.
    Last edited by Goldwasher; Jul 16, 2017 at 10:03 PM.
    Clay Diggins and Asmbandits like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2016
    North Saguache county between Gunnison and Monarch Pass
    F2
    539 times
    Prospecting
    It's weird how a non profit tax exempt charity can own a bunch of mining claims that they grant access for "donations".
    The make a wish foundation and mother's against drunk drivers might send you a sticker if your lucky hehe. They do put on some nice luncheons though, and chili night is killer!

us
    Mad Marshall

Nov 2012
    na
    1433 times
    Prospecting
    GW

Positive Helpful? How many individuals do you think take these "leaders" at face value? Its not personal bias that makes me critical its their actions. No doubt they may all be good men with the best of intentions but that does not change the fact that they often misrepresent information and their actual understanding thereof. So I ask again what about all those people(11thousand like on facebook) AMRA misinforms on a regular basis What about those individuals who still and continue to take these mens word for gospel?

What about all those individuals that participated in the MARIPOSA MINING DISTRICT and thought they were doin them and their community a service? Well? and you ask me to concern myself with the individuals who have perpetrated the farce? My only concern is that they stop.. After that I will likely forget about them forever and ever.. But the consequences of their actions will linger long after they stop.. That the problem with misinformation and fake news its like a wildfire and its hard to put out..

I do not need to speak to Kevin or Poe or Robert as I doubt that they have any information that I would consider reliable or accurate nor do I think they have any mining prospecting expertise that I would fine useful or helpful .
    They put their ignorance on blast pretty much every time they post.. I don't make this crap up they do and as long as they continue they are something to me.. Believe that.

Maybe these gentlemen would answer me if they were who they said they were.. LEADERS ..
    Make no mistake GW I am more then aware I am nothing to them!! I'm just a prospector/miner.. Why would they care about me?
    Honestly they don't ever need to answer me ...... But I think they should answer for their actions!!
    Garrote Gold likes this.

us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    ROCKING GOLD GRABBER MINI- BGT PROSPECTOR- ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- MILLER TABLE, MULTIPLE SUCKER TUBES, VARIOUS HAND TOOLS, PANS AND CLASSIFERS, FORS GOLD PLUS, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER- DIY ROD MILL
    2197 times
    zzzzzz....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDoozah View Post
    The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    8262 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnybravo300 View Post
    It's weird how a non profit tax exempt charity can own a bunch of mining claims that they grant access for "donations".
    The make a wish foundation and mother's against drunk drivers might send you a sticker if your lucky hehe. They do put on some nice luncheons though, and chili night is killer!
    Amra desn't own any claims per se'. Shannon and other board members do and members and they share them with all the other members. Most of the original members knew each other regionally.

From what I remember Shannon put 40k plus of his own money into legal disputes and starting Amra. He like me was dredging full time when the ban went into affect.

Donations and funds raised go into the legal fund and running the org.

Aug 2015
    577 times
    Why would Mariposa Mining District reach outside of their district? They can not control anything, they don't represent me in anything. They send me a card saying it's a MANDATORY meeting of members. I'm not a member and they have no right to assume I would bend over for them. MMD, stay in your county. YOU do not represent miners anywhere else. MMAC is bad for miners. Won't comment on AMRA, I just don't care. I will do my thing and these organizations will just bring heat on those that don't want it.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    8262 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMarshall View Post
    GW

Positive Helpful? How many individuals do you think take these "leaders" at face value? Its not personal bias that makes me critical its their actions. No doubt they may all be good men with the best of intentions but that does not change the fact that they often misrepresent information and their actual understanding thereof. So I ask again what about all those people(11thousand like on facebook) AMRA misinforms on a regular basis What about those individuals who still and continue to take these mens word for gospel?

What about all those individuals that participated in the MARIPOSA MINING DISTRICT and thought they were doin them and their community a service? Well? and you ask me to concern myself with the individuals who have perpetrated the farce? My only concern is that they stop.. After that I will likely forget about them forever and ever.. But the consequences of their actions will linger long after they stop.. That the problem with misinformation and fake news its like a wildfire and its hard to put out..

I do not need to speak to Kevin or Poe or Robert as I doubt that they have any information that I would consider reliable or accurate nor do I think they have any mining prospecting expertise that I would fine useful or helpful .
    They put their ignorance on blast pretty much every time they post.. I don't make this crap up they do and as long as they continue they are something to me.. Believe that.

Maybe these gentlemen would answer me if they were who they said they were.. LEADERS ..
    Make no mistake GW I am more then aware I am nothing to them!! I'm just a prospector/miner.. Why would they care about me?
    Honestly they don't ever need to answer me ...... But I think they should answer for their actions!!
    Maybe if you would man up and actually talk to them off of the internet you would have an actual fruitful conversation. In the least you could direct this crap at someone who can give you an answer or not.

Though you have always been real clear on the fact that you don't really care what any of them have to say. I guess its easiest for you to do it here because you aren't actually addressing YOUR issues.

You have yet to EVER!!!! explain...show...quantify....spell out ..illustrate.. ..explicate...formulate...develop. argue..or prove how clubs or rights groups have hurt or are ruining small scale mining.

You have numerous times since joining this forum showed your personal disdain for these sort of groups even though you joined three years after the dredge ban even went into affect...at the time pretty much stating you were relatively new to the small scale mining world. Had had many dissapointments. About two years before AMRA even formed you were griping about clubs claim owners and how mining law was out dated and needed to change to suit you.

It doesn't affect you because it hasn't affected you and isn't going to yet you will just keep on ranting and bashing and hating regardless of actual facts and it has zero to do with anything AMRA or Shannon Poe has done.

You've been doing it here since you joined same complaints different targets.

an old post
    "well if you were an attorney you would probably have me really confused I only got schooling to 7th grade... Well anyway I do not see how it can't pertain to claims. Claims are covered in the federal mining laws. Anyway does anybody have the name of the case that made the decision recreational miners have no rights under mining law so I may look it up and read it for myself.. I appreacate you trying to answer my questions and your patience.

One more thing..With the exception of dredging and those stupid frogs.. Who stands to lose mining rights? Everyone or just hobbiest? Are most these court cases for dredging? I just do not see how this really effects an actual miner? regulations and rules will always will be present some stupid some important.. am I correct to assume that with the exception of endangered species and no dredging I have nothing to worry about? I can understand why the clubs are up in Arms no recreational gold prospectors no club! No dredging in Cali means less members! How do these clubs skate by the federal mining laws I wonder? As I bet there income is made up by dues from members not mining?" "

Aug 2015
    577 times
    Forgot to mention, the MMD post card arrived two days AFTER to meeting. Guess they don't know real miners don't get mail....
    Garrote Gold likes this.

us
    Mad Marshall

Nov 2012
    na
    1433 times
    Prospecting
    Gentlemen this thread has run its course .. I suggest we each take what we want from it and leave it be..

To all of you I wish you success in your pursuits and wish you all some good gold..

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Minelab_CTX-3030 Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    22430 times
    Garrote Gold, end the insult of other members or lose the right to post.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

When you legislate a person's rights away a piece at a time naive citizens don't notice...

The Patriot Act is anything but patriotic, denying citizens our freedoms and privacy in the lie of government security is allowing evil to win.. I will take my chances with the terrorists over tyranny...

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

us
    Jan 2011
    Bakersfield, CA
    66 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Diggins View Post
    You are probably right Robert. I bet if AEMA had a prospecting club with several claims just for members they could get a lot of likes on Facebook. Maybe tweets to? I'm guessing once AMRA gets enough likes and twits they will win mining cases too?

AEMA is the largest membership-based mining industry trade association in the U.S. They have several full time staff to handle media, membership and outreach. Every professional miner I know is aware of AEMA. Maybe California has been too busy not mining to keep up with the largest mining trade association in the country?

I don't see this as an either/or situation. You could support both organizations if you wanted. I didn't intend to portray AEMA as an alternative to AMRA. I was just suggesting if you want representation that is effective with a long track record of helping small miners AEMA is the obvious choice.

If you are really serious about the Facebook thing being a potential drawback to effective representation you could give Devon Coquillard a call at 509-624-1158 extension 17 and let her know your thoughts. She's AEMA's Communications & Outreach Director and has a Masters degree specializing in utilization of social media in crisis communications. I'm sure she will appreciate your input.

Heavy Pans
    Well, you missed what I was getting at... but I didn't elaborate fully, so my fault. It wasn't an attack aimed at AEMA, it was pointing out that no matter what people say here, AMRA's voice has a far reach.

Now, to compare AMRA to AEMA is foolish at best. They not competing for members as they both have a different target audience. Generally from what I see the average AMRA member has a full time job but actively goes mining outside of that job. The guys I know that are AEMA members are full time small scale miners. It's an important distinction as the issues that matter to each are quite different.

But to the constant AMRA bashing (not from you Clay)... Whether AMRA is right or wrong, whether you like Shannon or not, when Shannon speaks, he has the ears (and quite often wallets) of those 11,000 people that have taken enough time to essentially subscribe to his newsletter. That gives the man a loud voice in the "small miner" community.

The bashers who claim Shannon is always wrong would be doing the mining community a great service by helping Shannon get this correct information they say he needs. But I suspect most on here that ***** about all the mining groups being wrong only do that, *****.

Where I come from, complaining means you know how to do it better. Shame they instead take the easy way out and just whine instead of sharing their vast knowledge with the rest of us.
    -Robert

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    8262 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Thanks for the input Robert.

Thats the reason I started reaching out to those I disagree with. In the least they get to hear my opinion in person.

I'm not an AMRA member or WMA. Though I have talked to Shannon and Rick several times and lend them any help I can.

If you've been to any of the Sacramento hearings or workshop I've probably met you. Thanks for taking part.

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
    35 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertF View Post
    Well, you missed what I was getting at... but I didn't elaborate fully, so my fault. It wasn't an attack aimed at AEMA, it was pointing out that no matter what people say here, AMRA's voice has a far reach.

Now, to compare AMRA to AEMA is foolish at best. They not competing for members as they both have a different target audience. Generally from what I see the average AMRA member has a full time job but actively goes mining outside of that job. The guys I know that are AEMA members are full time small scale miners. It's an important distinction as the issues that matter to each are quite different.

But to the constant AMRA bashing (not from you Clay)... Whether AMRA is right or wrong, whether you like Shannon or not, when Shannon speaks, he has the ears (and quite often wallets) of those 11,000 people that have taken enough time to essentially subscribe to his newsletter. That gives the man a loud voice in the "small miner" community.

The bashers who claim Shannon is always wrong would be doing the mining community a great service by helping Shannon get this correct information they say he needs. But I suspect most on here that ***** about all the mining groups being wrong only do that, *****.

Where I come from, complaining means you know how to do it better. Shame they instead take the easy way out and just whine instead of sharing their vast knowledge with the rest of us.
    Hello
    This may be off topic however is there any input from these associations in the area of "Mineral Surveys, Mineral Segregation Surveys and Resurveys"?
    Thank you.

us
    Mad Marshall

Nov 2012
    na
    1433 times
    Prospecting
    I fail to understand the logic presented by some of you? If you had a schoolteacher teaching things that were untrue would you take it upon yourself and sit in the classroom and correct em everytime they made a mistake?? or would you demand that they lose the position they are obviously not qualified for and look for someone who is?

The fact that Shannon speaks and has such a broad audience is exactly the problem.. My god people literally are getting dumber and bein manipulated by the thousands? And listening to you all it must be my fault.. Just because I don't inform AMRA on their mistakes and teach them the things that one would expect a person in their position to be already competent at? I use public forum as that happens to be one of the tools at my disposal.. And sadly it doesn't even come close to the amount of individuals that AMRAs ignorance reaches on a daily basis.
    I'm not complaining I am sad and frustrated.. I am literally watching something I love get treated like crap.

Has AMRA posted a correction? Have they told people that the post was untrue? And that Mariposa Mining District is just a club and has absolutely no authority to do what they claim they can?
    Did you not speak to Kevin GW? or were you guys just content to agree to disagree? You spoke to him in regards to the mining district thing? what was the fruit of that conversation? I have yet to see anything that tells me these individuals are goin to stop their behavior or even try to rectify their mistakes..

Now gentlemen if you can do me a favor..

Please read this thread again.. Please ignore my posts with the exception of the very first one .. And answer the following questions?

Is Mariposa Mining District real? Is the story AMRA presented true?
    How much of the information AMRA presented in their post was true?

I would like all participants and lurkers in this thread to answer if they would be so kind
    Garrote Gold likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links