Mariposa Mining District Authority is it real???

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
From Amra facebook page..

AMRA President Shannon Poe has one of his mining claims illegally top-filed.

A claim AMRA President Shannon Poe (and three others) picked up in 2009 was top-filed by another miner in 2010. This has resulted in a myriad of angry phone calls and is a prime example of how to handle a situation like this.

First of all, whomever files first owns the claim if it was filed correctly. Meaning: a proper location, description, it is on ground open to mineral entry and filing, was recorded properly with the county and has the proper signatures. The claim must be filed timely with the BLM and recorded within 90 days of locating the claim. Our claim is 80 acres and has 4 claimants. As a reminder, you need one signature/locator/claimant for each 20 acres filed so a 20 acre claim only needs one locator/signature, a 160 acre claim needs 8.

This claim has 4 signatures, was properly marked (location date and marker), was properly recorded with the county, filed with BLM and the description of the claim is valid and proper.

So what do you do if someone top-files you like this?

Print copies of every document which pertains to the claims and obtain all copies of taxes (if applicable) paid on the claim to the county from the date of location to the current date.

Write a time line of events. In this case, We typed up a two page time line of the two claims involved from two years prior to our filing the claim to prove there were no other claims over the ground we were filing. We included every document relating to the date of all of the claims filed in that section. We referenced each of the documents as attachments (example: attachment 1 etc...).

Example:
All areas within section 32 of 3S, 12E are open for mineral entry and claims location. The land is administered by USFS (Stanislaus NF). 80 acre placer claim "Golden Nugget" was staked and marked as a discovery on October 9th, 2009 by locator Poe, Seagull, Smith and Decker.

The claim was recorded in Mariposa County October 12th 2009 and the claim was filed with BLM with a proper description on November 9th, 2009. (See attachment 1)

2010:
Claim named "jumper" was filed with BLM on March 23, 2010 over the top of "Golden Nugget" by claimant Wagner. The claim was recorded in Mariposa County March 27, 2010 (see attachment 2). Claim owners Poe, Seagull, Smith and Decker were unaware a claim has been filed over their claim.

Jumper was filed as a 40 acre claim and had one signature/locator/claimant. This invalidates the claim for two reasons, one the claim was top-filed over another validly held, filed and recorded claim. Two, because the claim only has one signature and the claim file does not contain any quit claim where one person was dropped off the claim. The original documents show only one signature.

2014:
Claimant Wagner was witnessed by miner and claim owner Smith posting claim markers on Golden Nugget claiming the claim is "Jumper". Smith informed Wagner the claim is not his and Golden Nugget was filed and owned prior to his claim being filed. He was informed to cease and desist and remove the illegal claim markers. Wagner refused. Smith removed claim markers from the claim. Poe calls Wagner and informs Wagner the claim is not his and to cease and desist. Offers to provide all BLM and county documents proving legal ownership. Wagner refuses and hangs up.

2015, 2016:
No contact with Wagner and no issues reported.

May 2017:
Wagner resurfaces and claims Golden Nugget is his claim and that Jumper is 160 acres and encompasses the entire lower SE section. Makes a statement to mining partner of Poe, Dan Seagull that he is calling the Sheriff and have all parties arrested for claim jumping and trespass. Informs all parties to cease any and all mining operations.

Poe calls Wagner and informs Wagner once again it is not his claim and that Golden Nugget was legally and properly filed the year prior to his locating "Jumper". Asks Wagner to contact BLM and request all documents relating to who filed the claims and when proving ownership and that Golden Nugget was filed the year prior to his claim. Wagner refuses and becomes irrational. Poe informs Wagner he is materially interfering with his mining operation and to again cease and desist with his illegal assertions and activities. Wagner becomes more irrational, calls Poe some names and hangs up.

Today:
We contacted the Mariposa Mining District who has authority over this area and requested a hearing. We have submitted a timeline similar to the one above and have provided all legal documents, descriptions and contact information of all parties.

The Mining District will hold a hearing and make a ruling on the legal ownership of the claim(s) based upon the evidence.

Once this is completed, a copy of this determination (affidavit from the board) will be provided to both parties and to the county Sheriff.

I will be contacting and requesting a meeting with the county Sheriff once the determination is completed. I will provide all the documents and inform the Sheriff it is a civil matter, but that we are the rightful owners of this real property mining claim. If the man continues with materially interfering with my mining operations, legal and criminal charges can be pursued.

Materially interfering with a mining operation is a crime in California, although rarely prosecuted, it is a crime. It is a felony to claim jump in California and to illegally claim someone's claim as your own.

Mining claim disputes are a civil matter. You can't call, and expect BLM to do a thing about this. BLM allowed another person to file a claim over ours, plain and simple and this created this mess. A civil matter meaning it is between the two parties and unless this is remedied with the Mining District holding a hearing, it will then only be resolved in civil court. I spoke with BLM on Tuesday and they admitted to me on the phone, they will take anyone's paperwork, even if it is over the top of another persons claim. Let that sink in for a minute. They will allow anyone to file any claim, no questions asked. Obviously we are going to work hard to change this.

We are fully prepared and willing to take this man to court as it is not a question of "if" we own the claim.

We'll give everyone an update as this case proceeds.
Have a question? Just ask, that is what AMRA is about.

From Mariposa Mining District facebook page
Our meeting went well with the current board being installed for the next term , we adopted a budget and briefed the miners of actions being taken in a current claim dispute

Now I believe that the mining districts Kevin and Robert created are illegitimate.. And I am curious on if these post are just BullSHT.. I do not know both side of the story just what AMRA posted but I do not think That Mariposa Mining District has any authority to make any decisions about jack squat. So I am wondering if maybe someone could help enlighten me.. Am I mistaken to think that any decision and action taken by the Mariposa Mining District is just a joke? or maybe not? I have no doubt that Mariposa Mining district ruled in Favor of their (friends) but I just don't see how they can enforce or set any standards in relating to mining and such in their district..

I get asked from time to time about these districts and I honestly don't believe they have the authority to do anything in regards to anything mining related I tell people as much.. the fact that they go around and hussling miners in believing they are a real Mining District and are legit is criminal in my opinion..

So for instance .. If these jokers decided to create a mining district in my area what actions can I take to protect my mining interests?
What legal action can be taken against these frauds if any?? Are there any laws that protect me from such manipulation and fraud? or am I subject to whatever idiot decides to create BS mining Districts?
How can one protect himself and his mining rights from Frauds Like MMAC KEVIN BELL Robert Guarduola and whoever else decides fake a Mining District?
Ill be gone from Sat to Tuesday.. so I may be late in replying..

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RobertF

Jan 19, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You are probably right Robert. I bet if AEMA had a prospecting club with several claims just for members they could get a lot of likes on Facebook. Maybe tweets to? I'm guessing once AMRA gets enough likes and twits they will win mining cases too? :dontknow:

AEMA is the largest membership-based mining industry trade association in the U.S. They have several full time staff to handle media, membership and outreach. Every professional miner I know is aware of AEMA. Maybe California has been too busy not mining to keep up with the largest mining trade association in the country?

I don't see this as an either/or situation. You could support both organizations if you wanted. I didn't intend to portray AEMA as an alternative to AMRA. I was just suggesting if you want representation that is effective with a long track record of helping small miners AEMA is the obvious choice.

If you are really serious about the Facebook thing being a potential drawback to effective representation you could give Devon Coquillard a call at 509-624-1158 extension 17 and let her know your thoughts. She's AEMA's Communications & Outreach Director and has a Masters degree specializing in utilization of social media in crisis communications. I'm sure she will appreciate your input. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

Well, you missed what I was getting at... but I didn't elaborate fully, so my fault. It wasn't an attack aimed at AEMA, it was pointing out that no matter what people say here, AMRA's voice has a far reach.

Now, to compare AMRA to AEMA is foolish at best. They not competing for members as they both have a different target audience. Generally from what I see the average AMRA member has a full time job but actively goes mining outside of that job. The guys I know that are AEMA members are full time small scale miners. It's an important distinction as the issues that matter to each are quite different.

But to the constant AMRA bashing (not from you Clay)... Whether AMRA is right or wrong, whether you like Shannon or not, when Shannon speaks, he has the ears (and quite often wallets) of those 11,000 people that have taken enough time to essentially subscribe to his newsletter. That gives the man a loud voice in the "small miner" community.

The bashers who claim Shannon is always wrong would be doing the mining community a great service by helping Shannon get this correct information they say he needs. But I suspect most on here that ***** about all the mining groups being wrong only do that, *****.

Where I come from, complaining means you know how to do it better. Shame they instead take the easy way out and just whine instead of sharing their vast knowledge with the rest of us.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input Robert.

Thats the reason I started reaching out to those I disagree with. In the least they get to hear my opinion in person.

I'm not an AMRA member or WMA. Though I have talked to Shannon and Rick several times and lend them any help I can.

If you've been to any of the Sacramento hearings or workshop I've probably met you. Thanks for taking part.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, you missed what I was getting at... but I didn't elaborate fully, so my fault. It wasn't an attack aimed at AEMA, it was pointing out that no matter what people say here, AMRA's voice has a far reach.

Now, to compare AMRA to AEMA is foolish at best. They not competing for members as they both have a different target audience. Generally from what I see the average AMRA member has a full time job but actively goes mining outside of that job. The guys I know that are AEMA members are full time small scale miners. It's an important distinction as the issues that matter to each are quite different.

But to the constant AMRA bashing (not from you Clay)... Whether AMRA is right or wrong, whether you like Shannon or not, when Shannon speaks, he has the ears (and quite often wallets) of those 11,000 people that have taken enough time to essentially subscribe to his newsletter. That gives the man a loud voice in the "small miner" community.

The bashers who claim Shannon is always wrong would be doing the mining community a great service by helping Shannon get this correct information they say he needs. But I suspect most on here that ***** about all the mining groups being wrong only do that, *****.

Where I come from, complaining means you know how to do it better. Shame they instead take the easy way out and just whine instead of sharing their vast knowledge with the rest of us.
Hello
This may be off topic however is there any input from these associations in the area of "Mineral Surveys, Mineral Segregation Surveys and Resurveys"?
Thank you.

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I fail to understand the logic presented by some of you? If you had a schoolteacher teaching things that were untrue would you take it upon yourself and sit in the classroom and correct em everytime they made a mistake?? or would you demand that they lose the position they are obviously not qualified for and look for someone who is?

The fact that Shannon speaks and has such a broad audience is exactly the problem.. My god people literally are getting dumber and bein manipulated by the thousands? And listening to you all it must be my fault.. Just because I don't inform AMRA on their mistakes and teach them the things that one would expect a person in their position to be already competent at? I use public forum as that happens to be one of the tools at my disposal.. And sadly it doesn't even come close to the amount of individuals that AMRAs ignorance reaches on a daily basis.
I'm not complaining I am sad and frustrated.. I am literally watching something I love get treated like crap.

Has AMRA posted a correction? Have they told people that the post was untrue? And that Mariposa Mining District is just a club and has absolutely no authority to do what they claim they can?
Did you not speak to Kevin GW? or were you guys just content to agree to disagree? You spoke to him in regards to the mining district thing? what was the fruit of that conversation? I have yet to see anything that tells me these individuals are goin to stop their behavior or even try to rectify their mistakes..

Now gentlemen if you can do me a favor..

Please read this thread again.. Please ignore my posts with the exception of the very first one .. And answer the following questions?

Is Mariposa Mining District real? Is the story AMRA presented true?
How much of the information AMRA presented in their post was true?

I would like all participants and lurkers in this thread to answer if they would be so kind

Garrote Gold

May 25, 2017
southern mines area mother load
Detector(s) used
AT gold,
Bazooka,
any gold pan will do
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
moment of Zen

Mariposa Mining district is as real as the Tuolumne Mining District.

Its true Amra presented a story.

Information was not true, only the story.

What is the sound of one small Miner sluicing?

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
AMRA'S MISSION STATEMENT..

AMRA, American Mining Rights Association is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit which advocates for use of public lands by the people and for the right to prospect and mine on those public lands. Our mission is to inform the public and its members on what is transpiring in America as it pertains to these rights and the ability to use our public lands through facts and information. We strive for integrity, honesty and clear and concise reporting of the facts.

Its a lie and they themselves have made it a lie.. Not me. not you. not anyone else.. JUST SHANNON and AMRA Board Members and miningdistrict.com

Does the post done by AMRA at the beginning of this thread meet any of that criterion? HONESTY INTEGRITY CLEAR AND CONSISE REPORTING OF THE FACTS? Their post doesn't reflect none of those not even accidently..
AND THATS A FACT!!

And honestly this is not the only post AMRA has done that seems to outright violate their mission statement..

Their post is a direct reflection of what traits SHANNON KEVIN ROBERT lack HONESTY INTEGRITY AND CLEAR AND CONSISE REPORTING OF THE FACTS..

I personally don't know what is more shameful their actions.? or the actions of individuals who diminish and excuse the actions of groups like AMRA or MININGDISTRICTS.com?

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's all politics... Some people have their agenda others have theirs... each will argue their side to the death finding and fabricating "facts" to support their ideology. I personally don't trust ANY "group".

Not taking sides but It is sooooo obvious that someone would rather try to make his money mining miners instead of mining gold... it's obvious. Want so bad to be like Shannon lol. Nothing really wrong with it except the fact they can't admit it imo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
it's all politics... Some people have their agenda others have theirs... each will argue their side to the death finding and fabricating "facts" to support their ideology. I personally don't trust ANY "group".

Not taking sides but It is sooooo obvious that someone would rather try to make his money mining miners instead of mining gold... it's obvious. Want so bad to be like Shannon lol. Nothing really wrong with it except the fact they can't admit it imo

Associations existing under other statutes; Limited partnerships.
A partnership is an association of two or more persons to carry on as co-owners a business for profit.

California. Civil Code, section 2400 older Code.

Garrote Gold

May 25, 2017
southern mines area mother load
Detector(s) used
AT gold,
Bazooka,
any gold pan will do
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like amra selling its snickers haha

https://goldcountry.craigslist.org/for/d/acre-unpatented-placer-gold/6166803825.html

"AMRA Snickers" Mining Claim on Moore Creek

SERIAL NUMBER CAMC 312723

Moore Creek has a very rich mining history that continues today with several active mining claims spanning the entire distance of the creek. The creek runs seasonally, Usually thru June or July, despite having a drought for the past few years. There are lots of banks full of river rock, bedrock and gravel bars that collect gold, making this a great location to pan, sluice, high-bank, crevice, snipe, moss, metal detect and dredge.

The claim is located 3.5 miles from the city of Buck Meadows. There are a couple of pullouts for parking, even one large enough for a vehicle and trailer a little over 1/8 mile from the west border of the claim. There is an old trail/road that goes from the road and all through the claim. The claim goes down creek over 1320 feet (1/4 mile). There is a large campground within a mile down the road, making this the perfect spot to camp with an RV or tents. This claim and the area is absolutely beautiful with lots of opportunity for finding gold. Here's your opportunity to own a really good gold bearing claim that is just gorgeous and peaceful.

Feel free to go check the area, roads and access. You can also prospect the claim if you'd like before the claim is sold. We also have a few other claims in the area, so if you miss this one, just contact us and we'll let you know what's available.

From Groveland, take hwy 120 for 11 miles and turn right onto Hamilton Station Loop, take immediate left and then take the next right on Moore Creek Rd. Claim is 3 miles down and the creek will be on your right. Check the map with GPS. Contact us if you need help finding the claim, we can also meet you there, just call and we'll set a date/time to meet and show you the claim. Payment is to be received within 2 days of purchase.

Payments accepted are Certified Check, Paypal, Money Order or Cash. Please contact us with any questions or concerns. Serious buyers only, please ask questions before purchase. We'll also be there to answer any questions the winner has all through the process. We won't abandon you after the sale, we'll always be available to help you out. Prospecting is our passion!

Note that all of the pictures of this claim were taken on a recent visit to this property. All Pictures are of the actual property -- no stock photographs were used.

Legal Description of This Claim;
The general course of this claim is East and West and it is situated in the Mount Diablo Meridian, Mariposa County, California.
This claim covers 1320 feet (1/4 mile) of creek.
The location monument on which this notice is posted is situated within Section 11, Township 2S, Range 17E, Mount Diablo Meridian, Mariposa County California.
In conformance with the public land survey system, the claim is comprised of the following, all situated within T2S, R17E, Mount Diablo Meridian, Mariposa County California, total acreage: 20 acres
What Do I get if I purchase this claim?
Within two business days of payment in full, we will mail you maps, information on mining claims from the BLM, easy to understand filing instructions, a Notarized Quit Claim Deed, Preliminary Change of Ownership Report, copy of the location paperwork and a Bill of Sale for this claim.
The Quit Claim Deed can take up to 30 days to be recorded with the Tuolumne County Recorder's Office, but is often completed in 7 days or less, and you will receive the original of the recorded deed in the mail as soon as it is returned by the Recorder's Office.
All BLM fees paid and current through September 1st, 2017.
BLM regulations require a fee of $155 per 20 acres for new claims purchased or transferred. This claim is 20 acres and requires $155 a year, due sept 1st or a small scale miners maintenance waiver plus $10. If you own 10 or less claims, it's best to just file the maintenance waiver and save $145.
Just to repeat this so there is no confusion - if you purchase this claim from us you will own this entire claim. This is NOT a sale for the down-payment. This is NOT a partnership arrangement where someone else will own part of the claim with you.

The only fees you are responsible for will be:
The recorders fee - $20 and the BLM fee - $10 (To have a mining claim properly recorded, requires that it is sent in to both the BLM and the county recorder)

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Barry —

First GW is exactly right — Yes I want to talk to you or anyone one that helps to get this mining district thing right. I hope you can take some time to not only discuss some of the finer points but your information that supports your points. I want to do the best job I can.

My quick background — I worked for a local agency for 26 + years the last 8 + years with one of their utilities. One of my primary tasks was to provide a wide range of data including numeric, rate, statistical and historical information. I also handled most of the Local, State and Federal reporting requirements. I have a pretty good handle on researching and would like to add any areas that help get the job done more efficiently. I will PM you my information — I am now retired and can set aside as much time as is necessary.

I respectfully disagree with you on a couple of things mentioned here and elsewhere:

One, There is a big difference between unstaffed (not currently in use) Mining Districts and dissolved (disorganized) Mining Districts. Yes there were some MDs who formally dissolved themselves. From my research many Districts just became unstaffed. In the beginning they were formed by miners in their Districts but either the gold or other minerals played out and were no longer commercially viable, men went off to two world wars (and other conflicts), changes in law or other reasons. Many MD records were destroyed in the many fires in the mid 1800s to early 1900s. For what ever reason MDs were no longer used.

Even with the big environmental shift that began with the Federal laws in the mid to late sixties the small miner saw limited impacts. Large Mining Companies handled things within their organization, dealing with the necessary agencies as needed and the small miners just worked their claims individually. States have continued this environmental movement with California leading the charge.

The approval of SB637 in California has put a huge damper on the monetary viability for the small miner. Most miners I’ve talked to are looking for a way to restore their rights and many of them now realize the power of Mining Districts, which have never gone away; there was no need to re-staff or create them until now. Re-staffing a currently unused MD should be perfectly acceptable, as would creating a new district.

I believe the main reason for larger MDs is two fold: Bigger constituency means bigger clout when dealing with other agencies and more volunteers to do whatever is necessary to recover our rights. Do I also believe in smaller MDs? Absolutely. You should choose how to govern yourself.

Secondly you mentioned forming Special Districts, which means that the Local, County or other authority would have to approve it after you filed all the necessary maps and other required paperwork. That means for instance if the Forest Hill MD, a federally recognized authority (because the miners in their area came together and formed it) could be wiped out because El Dorado County (CA) did not approve their application. That goes against Federal law.

Same goes for attempting to form a District with the State. By requesting their approval you would be ceding your Federal authority to them. Again, in my opinion that would be a mistake. There would be little difference between that and just adhering to whatever laws they approve.

I have researched and read through court cases that validate the MD authority — here are some examples:

U.S. Supreme Court Jackson v. Roby, 109 U.S. 440
Submitted October 31, 1883 Decided December 3, 1883

U.S. Supreme Court Butte City Water Company v. Baker 196 U.S. 119
Argued December 16, 1904 Decided January 3, 1905

Of course one of the biggest things we need to do is begin going to BLM, USFS, State and County meetings and begin the relationship.

I want everyone here to understand my intentions — I am not doing this for money or notoriety or even for some cool book/movie deal. I am doing this because I am a miner and it has to get done. Like most of you I would rather just work my claims and be left alone. But those times have passed my friends. Izzy and her other Enviro-buddies have tens of millions of dollars in reserve and will keep pounding away until we give up. We are the only group that has a Federal right to do what we do - Hunting, Fishing Four-Wheeling, etc is merely a privilege and can be taken away at any time. They want us gone so they can do what they want. Period.

Instead of calling each other names and silo-building we should be doing whatever it takes. In my opinion we need to support a single point large group similar to the NRA (who by the way has been doing a great job both at the State and Federal level to protect our right to keep and bear arms) and work together in our local MDs. I don't care if its AMRA, AEMA, GPAA, XYZ or any other alphabet group. Izzy knows her best guaranteed outcome is we keep being lone miners who are disorganized, poorly funded and lack any ability to put up a measured fight.

Victor - My number is on snakeriverproducts.com or you can PM me with a time that works best for you. There is no need to wonder my intentions - just give me a call.

Last edited:

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
BTW - I wrote this very late last night after spending some time with my wife. Got back after a long, hot day on my new claim (I was there two weeks ago) - As I was sampling I kept looking in the water and only seeing large rocks and no fine material. Then I noticed round holes on both sides of the river cut up into the bank. Yes folks, my new claim that I just filed on in February has been grenaded by illegal dredging. They undercut trees which will probably fall into the river next winter and cleaned out every good looking spot on the river.

Yes they did leave me some benches above the river that are covered with poison oak and dense growth. Thanks guys, you shouldn't have...they'll probably spray and hack that up next, leaving a mess that I'll have to explain to the USFS LEOs. Great.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
can you make a distinction for me between MMAC Mining Districts and the ones you Re staffed? What insight did you have that made you decide that MMAC had it all wrong and that you are now right? Sir you talk about uniting people that you yourself have participated in the splitting apart of.. How long did you support and encourage others to support MMAC? and now that the MMAC ideas no longer suit you. you have taken it upon yourself to create new mining groups such as these re staffed mining districts? And further split the mining community? Not just with districts but idealism as well? Honestly its of my opinion that the very individuals who have taken such a large and self appointed role in the Mining Community are the Direct CAUSE of the very disorganization and lack of unity they so often complain about.
Your work history fails to reflect your actual expertise or knowledge as a miner if any..
Anyway Ill have much more time this following week to join the discussion ...

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW - I wrote this very late last night after spending some time with my wife. Got back after a long, hot day on my new claim (I was there two weeks ago) - As I was sampling I kept looking in the water and only seeing large rocks and no fine material. Then I noticed round holes on both sides of the river cut up into the bank. Yes folks, my new claim that I just filed on in February has been grenaded by illegal dredging. They undercut trees which will probably fall into the river next winter and cleaned out every good looking spot on the river.

Yes they did leave me some benches above the river that are covered with poison oak and dense growth. Thanks guys, you shouldn't have...they'll probably spray and hack that up next, leaving a mess that I'll have to explain to the USFS LEOs. Great.
this the problem I see with having a claim. Unless your there everyday people are going to highgrade your spot while your gone. If you find a spot nobody else knows about. then you file a claim...now everyone knows about it lol.

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
MTTS - you're right... we even made it easier for them by clearing fallen timber that fell on the road. They were probably locals who know the area, know the people that travel those roads and they know most miners work during the week and only come on weekends. They probably spent M-F for the last two weeks sucking up the gravy.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

That sucks!! Too bad you did not catch them in the act so that you could report them.

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
KBell

Multiple times you made reference to the POWER OF MINING DISTRICTS and that people are starting to realize the authority Mining Districts have.. Could you please clarify and elaborate ?. What exactly is the power of Mining Districts and how does the Mining districts you made reflect that power? Is the AMRA post at the beginning of this thread an example of the Power of Mariposa Mining District?

Explain to me what makes your Mining District any more valid then MMAC districts?
I think these should be easy enough questions for you....

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Q. Multiple times you made reference to the POWER OF MINING DISTRICTS and that people are starting to realize the authority Mining Districts have.. Could you please clarify and elaborate ?. What exactly is the power of Mining Districts and how does the Mining districts you made reflect that power?

A. 30 USC 22 states “…according to the local customs or rules of miners in the several mining districts, so far as the same are applicable and not inconsistent with the laws of the United States.”

There are two important powers in Mining Districts:

1. The MD is the federally recognized regulatory (i.e. rule making) entity on public lands.

2. Second, the larger more important power is that the miners themselves, not any other lower governing body, makes the rules for their district. And yes we are required to follow Federal regulations.

AMRA has nothing to do with Mining Districts, although I believe they understand their importance.

Q. Explain to me what makes your Mining District any more valid then MMAC districts?

A. There is no such thing as a MMAC Mining District there are only Mining Districts as stated and validated in the code quoted above. There are however MMAC Administrative Districts which I believe MMAC intends to use as oversight for Mining Districts located in these Admin Districts. There is not currently any Federal law that supports this. Since I am no longer affiliated or interact with MMAC I do not know any long term plans and therefore cannot comment.

Victor – Just to set the record straight on why I chose to proceed on a course outside MMAC. There were internal requirements in the organization that I was not personally willing to comply with, hence the departure. This is all I am going to say on the matter.

As stated many times, my intentions are to do what is best for both miners and mining – I believe I can best accomplish that goal by proceeding on my own with a bunch of help from the mining community, i.e. miners like you and Jarrod and intellectual resources like Barry and winners58.

I have been fortunate to work with other miners/MD advocates like Robert F and Robert Guardiola. These men share a similar vision and have also put in countless hours and spent their own money working to secure the future of miner’s rights.

You have brought up two websites, both of which are currently static and in desperate need of both updating and expansion. Lets set the record straight:

miningdistricts.com – the goal of this website is to provide contact information for any active Mining District. As the MDs continue to come online this will also become a communication center for MD officers to pose questions and solicit help as necessary. Also will provide meeting information for events related to MDs for both public and MD member attendance.

There is no entity attached to md.com, nor any sponsors. We are not asking for money as this is an informational site. Will this change in the future? Only if the MD officers and members ask to have the current role expanded.

righttomine.com – the primary goal of this website is to be an informational portal for individual miners and also provide details of mining related events.

Again there is no entity attached to rtm.com, nor any sponsors. They are not asking for money either as this is also an informational site.

Since I have several concurrent commitments, i.e. Snake River Products, continued work as secretary for the Mariposa MD and research for MDs generally these sites have temporarily been moved to the back burner. This is why I have been asking for support several times on TNet and other places. It is very difficult for two people to carry the workload. I have also located bylaws for several more MDs that now have to wait for meetings to be setup and claimholders to be contacted.

Finally Victor, you have also called me a conman, a fraud, a liar and a spreader of ignorance. In previous threads and posts I have asked you to back up your accusations with documented examples. To date there has been none. You may not agree with my approach and you are certainly entitled to your opinion but I will not stand for anyone questioning either my integrity or my honesty.

Lose the insults, stick to the facts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
KBELL
MMAC claims you are an IMITATOR.. And your mining districts are not represented correctly. Their words not mine.
Mining Districts "NOT" Recognized by MMAC (BEWARE OF IMITATORS)
Grizzly Flat
Mariposa (This is not represented correctly. Many MMAC Organized districts already exist.)
Lower Calaveritas
Murphys
Jefferson

If I were to stake a claim in Mariposa Mining District which Mining district authority would I be subject too? BOTH? ANY? Just the ones that you Re staffed? Or MMACS? Would I be lawfully bound to either? WHY?
Or do I have the option not to belong to either and do whatever the hell I want and ignore both Mining Districts?

Would the real Mining District please stand up?

Or are the Mining Districts you and MMAC have created; are only an authority to those who choose to kneel before it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread