Mariposa Mining District Authority is it real???

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
From Amra facebook page..

AMRA President Shannon Poe has one of his mining claims illegally top-filed.

A claim AMRA President Shannon Poe (and three others) picked up in 2009 was top-filed by another miner in 2010. This has resulted in a myriad of angry phone calls and is a prime example of how to handle a situation like this.

First of all, whomever files first owns the claim if it was filed correctly. Meaning: a proper location, description, it is on ground open to mineral entry and filing, was recorded properly with the county and has the proper signatures. The claim must be filed timely with the BLM and recorded within 90 days of locating the claim. Our claim is 80 acres and has 4 claimants. As a reminder, you need one signature/locator/claimant for each 20 acres filed so a 20 acre claim only needs one locator/signature, a 160 acre claim needs 8.

This claim has 4 signatures, was properly marked (location date and marker), was properly recorded with the county, filed with BLM and the description of the claim is valid and proper.

So what do you do if someone top-files you like this?

Print copies of every document which pertains to the claims and obtain all copies of taxes (if applicable) paid on the claim to the county from the date of location to the current date.

Write a time line of events. In this case, We typed up a two page time line of the two claims involved from two years prior to our filing the claim to prove there were no other claims over the ground we were filing. We included every document relating to the date of all of the claims filed in that section. We referenced each of the documents as attachments (example: attachment 1 etc...).

Example:
All areas within section 32 of 3S, 12E are open for mineral entry and claims location. The land is administered by USFS (Stanislaus NF). 80 acre placer claim "Golden Nugget" was staked and marked as a discovery on October 9th, 2009 by locator Poe, Seagull, Smith and Decker.

The claim was recorded in Mariposa County October 12th 2009 and the claim was filed with BLM with a proper description on November 9th, 2009. (See attachment 1)

2010:
Claim named "jumper" was filed with BLM on March 23, 2010 over the top of "Golden Nugget" by claimant Wagner. The claim was recorded in Mariposa County March 27, 2010 (see attachment 2). Claim owners Poe, Seagull, Smith and Decker were unaware a claim has been filed over their claim.

Jumper was filed as a 40 acre claim and had one signature/locator/claimant. This invalidates the claim for two reasons, one the claim was top-filed over another validly held, filed and recorded claim. Two, because the claim only has one signature and the claim file does not contain any quit claim where one person was dropped off the claim. The original documents show only one signature.

2014:
Claimant Wagner was witnessed by miner and claim owner Smith posting claim markers on Golden Nugget claiming the claim is "Jumper". Smith informed Wagner the claim is not his and Golden Nugget was filed and owned prior to his claim being filed. He was informed to cease and desist and remove the illegal claim markers. Wagner refused. Smith removed claim markers from the claim. Poe calls Wagner and informs Wagner the claim is not his and to cease and desist. Offers to provide all BLM and county documents proving legal ownership. Wagner refuses and hangs up.

2015, 2016:
No contact with Wagner and no issues reported.

May 2017:
Wagner resurfaces and claims Golden Nugget is his claim and that Jumper is 160 acres and encompasses the entire lower SE section. Makes a statement to mining partner of Poe, Dan Seagull that he is calling the Sheriff and have all parties arrested for claim jumping and trespass. Informs all parties to cease any and all mining operations.

Poe calls Wagner and informs Wagner once again it is not his claim and that Golden Nugget was legally and properly filed the year prior to his locating "Jumper". Asks Wagner to contact BLM and request all documents relating to who filed the claims and when proving ownership and that Golden Nugget was filed the year prior to his claim. Wagner refuses and becomes irrational. Poe informs Wagner he is materially interfering with his mining operation and to again cease and desist with his illegal assertions and activities. Wagner becomes more irrational, calls Poe some names and hangs up.

Today:
We contacted the Mariposa Mining District who has authority over this area and requested a hearing. We have submitted a timeline similar to the one above and have provided all legal documents, descriptions and contact information of all parties.

The Mining District will hold a hearing and make a ruling on the legal ownership of the claim(s) based upon the evidence.

Once this is completed, a copy of this determination (affidavit from the board) will be provided to both parties and to the county Sheriff.

I will be contacting and requesting a meeting with the county Sheriff once the determination is completed. I will provide all the documents and inform the Sheriff it is a civil matter, but that we are the rightful owners of this real property mining claim. If the man continues with materially interfering with my mining operations, legal and criminal charges can be pursued.

Materially interfering with a mining operation is a crime in California, although rarely prosecuted, it is a crime. It is a felony to claim jump in California and to illegally claim someone's claim as your own.

Mining claim disputes are a civil matter. You can't call, and expect BLM to do a thing about this. BLM allowed another person to file a claim over ours, plain and simple and this created this mess. A civil matter meaning it is between the two parties and unless this is remedied with the Mining District holding a hearing, it will then only be resolved in civil court. I spoke with BLM on Tuesday and they admitted to me on the phone, they will take anyone's paperwork, even if it is over the top of another persons claim. Let that sink in for a minute. They will allow anyone to file any claim, no questions asked. Obviously we are going to work hard to change this.

We are fully prepared and willing to take this man to court as it is not a question of "if" we own the claim.

We'll give everyone an update as this case proceeds.
Have a question? Just ask, that is what AMRA is about.

From Mariposa Mining District facebook page
Our meeting went well with the current board being installed for the next term , we adopted a budget and briefed the miners of actions being taken in a current claim dispute

Now I believe that the mining districts Kevin and Robert created are illegitimate.. And I am curious on if these post are just BullSHT.. I do not know both side of the story just what AMRA posted but I do not think That Mariposa Mining District has any authority to make any decisions about jack squat. So I am wondering if maybe someone could help enlighten me.. Am I mistaken to think that any decision and action taken by the Mariposa Mining District is just a joke? or maybe not? I have no doubt that Mariposa Mining district ruled in Favor of their (friends) but I just don't see how they can enforce or set any standards in relating to mining and such in their district..

I get asked from time to time about these districts and I honestly don't believe they have the authority to do anything in regards to anything mining related I tell people as much.. the fact that they go around and hussling miners in believing they are a real Mining District and are legit is criminal in my opinion..

So for instance .. If these jokers decided to create a mining district in my area what actions can I take to protect my mining interests?
What legal action can be taken against these frauds if any?? Are there any laws that protect me from such manipulation and fraud? or am I subject to whatever idiot decides to create BS mining Districts?
How can one protect himself and his mining rights from Frauds Like MMAC KEVIN BELL Robert Guarduola and whoever else decides fake a Mining District?
Ill be gone from Sat to Tuesday.. so I may be late in replying..

Upvote 0

Garrote Gold

May 25, 2017
southern mines area mother load
Detector(s) used
AT gold,
Bazooka,
any gold pan will do
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So true IMAUDIGGER. :thumbsup:

Look at the number of quilting and gardening clubs. They never asked permission or needed a law to have a public meeting and nobody tries to stop them. The freedom to associate with others is a basic fundamental right in this and most other countries.

Heavy Pans

Exactly, this new mariposa mining district is just like a quilting or gardening club, totally useless for improving anything but thier own egos. Will the new mining districts give out blue ribbons too?

Garrote Gold

May 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
AT gold,
Bazooka,
any gold pan will do
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We don't live in a democracy.

We live in a Democratic Republic.

Otherwise Los Angeles Chicago New York City would be choosing our Presidents.

Exactly, we have no ability to self govern and the founders knew that and put in checks and balances so.the stupid people would never have majority rule lol! We have freedom but too many people abuse it.
Democracy sounds good but you will never get rid of the flys if that window is opened just a crack.

Restarting or restaffing mining districts sounds good but when flys try to represent us all it works.for.nobody

Last edited:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just FYI: I received a mailing from MMD. A MANDATORY meeting. I'm 200 miles from there. They don't represent me, my area, or any of Northern California. Go AWAY

Freedom of association is a Natural right and is implied in our Bill of Rights. Unless you put your signature someplace you should not have, there ain't no mandatory meeting for you.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Public meetings? More like vigilanties, San Francisco had them too and it's not really the most democratic and moral thing to form groups with no due process or accounting.

Miners got together to kick out the ones they didn't like. America has a history of having majority groups stamp on the minority.
Case in point, the environs verse miners

That's not the perfect system. I don't want to go on a sociological civil society rant but these early American miner groups were Not some ayso group get together. We have freedom but too many people abuse the freedoms.

Places like China or caste countries like India or Nepal can't just form civil groups. Thats billions of people folks, even if you open the window of democracy you must be prepared for the flys that will come in too. If your group is large enough you can lobby and influence things. Example PTA school.boards. yeah it's all.great until they say what books you and I can and can't read, or what ways a miner can or cannot mine!

Damed if you do or.if you don't.

History is written by the winners. Most Spanish, chilean, Mexican, Chinese and others were discriminated and persecuted from these miners and thier group public activities.

Not really self governance in the perfect idealized way you guys are bringing up.

I'm all for vigilance and civil disobedience but you must not fantasize about what the intentions were for those miners and the garrote style of self governance. Its not altruistic star trek in the mother load or any other mining district.

How come no one in California has set up a real mining district recently? Let's progress this thread and make a real district come to life please

If you are insinuating that I am glorifying particular actions taken 165 years ago during a public meeting, your rants are misdirected.
Generalizations are hardly ever entirely accurate. Public meetings have been held since the beginning of history and frequently covered topics that are considered taboo or unfair by today's standards.

It seems these "miner's meetings" morphed into mining districts, limiting the geographic sphere of decision making.
Once formal local government was firmly established, they seem to have simply become unnecessary. There are many interesting accounts of things that were decided by meetings (pre-local government). Those were the rough and tumble days of the gold rush for sure.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kevin isn't putting it together that The "majority" of people in the room. Wrangled in by the mailer. Don't make the necessary majority of the claimholders in the propsed district. Non -starter, not valid. Technical issue.

if a bunch of valid claimholders under majority vote form a district JUST to oppress and gain power shame on them.

If one forms with the majority of claimowners to set local practice. To give a place to settle differences and govern what needs attention. Record minutes and actions. I don't see how it would be a bad thing.

All the reasons given as to the positives of a valid mining district are good ones.

I would love a better way to deal with hi graders. I wish I had a better way to deal with the fact that both my claim neighbors claim road maintenance on a trail my partners and I perform the maintenance on. I have to fix the rutted mudholes one of them created when he drove the trail in the rain. I walk the 1.5 miles every day once the mud sets in to avoid that.
I have a diary from a guy that worked my area. Per the district he was assesd hours for labor. Some local road and ditch maintenance. All the miners did their part. I guess if you wanted to file and work in a district you would have to tow the line.
I would gladly work under the same system today. If everyone else was.

All of these issues could be addressed via a district. When approached personally neither of my neighboring claim owners wanted anything to do with a district. because of the "attention" it would bring.

If you want to form a district you have to have the majority support of ALL the claimholders in the "district"

For some reason I can't find a list that includes any of the districts I've heard about on TNET. Recognized by Uncle Sam.

still in the weeds a bit....wheres my gardening club when I need it:tongue3:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We don't live in a democracy.

We live in a Democratic Republic.

Otherwise Los Angeles Chicago New York City would be choosing our Presidents.

Constitutional Federal Republic.

Garrote Gold

May 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
AT gold,
Bazooka,
any gold pan will do
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldwasher is right, what group of claim owners wants the extra attention? It's to easy to find out who owns what and where. Just Google that amra guys name (or anyones name)and gold claim and everything comes up on first page, no need to dig around just takes a few miliseconds

Maybe that's what happened to mr mariposa mining district and his high grading problem.

If gold goes up really high then I think more claim owners would feel like they needed to band together, until then most want to pay thier small miners waiver and keep under the radar.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
KevinB so I hope you are in process of taking down your Mining Districts web pages down. Maybe inform the individuals that you have mislead. Maybe stop offering services you are obviously not qualified for?
contact ? MINING DISTRICTS.COM

Put a stop to this charade you and RobertG have been engaged in? Maybe be accountable for your actions? That would be the stand up thing to do.

Some how I get the feeling you guys just don't give a crap and your goin to keep on doin whatever you think is clever.. I hope I'm wrong..

SRP_KBell

Apr 4, 2017
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Victor -

I'm glad that you feel vindicated. Congratulations.

I have taken Barry's advice to learn more about Mining Districts role in modern times, to better understand the terms and definitions used in the law and better understand their use. I am also going back to the historical documents I actually held and reviewed to see how things ended.

Bottom line: I need to work through all this so that I gain a better understanding for my own right and growth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread