southern mines area mother load
Detector(s) used
AT gold,
Bazooka,
any gold pan will do
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
saw this online CL

The current owner's family have intermittently stayed involved in the operations of the Ruby Mine for almost 6 decades. They would like to pass the torch to a "well qualified" Buyer. Their low asking price of $2,500,000 CASH, for this fully operational and permitted Gold Mine that is ready to go, is evidence of both their motivation to sell and their desire to pass the torch quickly at a great price to allow a new Ruby Mine Operator to flourish. Past production is estimated at 200,000 oz. of gold. Geological studies have concluded that several miles of the gold-bearing Tertiary river channels buried in the property remain to be mined, while the quartz gold potential has only been touched. So the Ruby Mine is a highly attractive gold opportunity.

1,000 troy ounces of Gold Nuggets 3 oz. and larger which were pulled from the Ruby Mine in Sierra County are currently on display at the Museum of Natural History in Los Angeles. This 1,000 ounce gold nugget collection from the Ruby Mine is considered to be one of the most outstanding placer gold collections in the world.

In the 1890's New York's Tiffany & Company purchased 472 ounces of gold nuggets from the Ruby Mine in Sierra County to cast and carve a 20" tall solid gold vase (i.e. the Adam's Vase) for their Board Chairman Edward Dean Adams. The first vase was stolen before completion (i.e. after 18 months of casting and carving). So, another 472 ounces of gold nuggets were purchased from the Ruby Mine to cast a second vase. This second vase is on display at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City.

Complete list of APNs upon request. Please make inquiries directly to Listing Broker: Alan Savage

Upvote 0

bcfromfl

Feb 18, 2016
Youngstown, FL
Detector(s) used
GPX 4500,
Fisher Gold Bug Pro,
Gold Hog stream sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has been a real head-scratcher for me, and difficult to find current news. For several years, at least, the Ruby Mine was held by North Bay Resources, but has since been removed from their list of holdings. If you go by the Ruby's list of assets, including reserves, this mine should have been going gang-busters, but instead has floundered.

The buyer will have to do his homework on this one...

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has been a real head-scratcher for me, and difficult to find current news. For several years, at least, the Ruby Mine was held by North Bay Resources, but has since been removed from their list of holdings. If you go by the Ruby's list of assets, including reserves, this mine should have been going gang-busters, but instead has floundered.

The buyer will have to do his homework on this one...
I was thinking the same thing....something doesn't smell right, and it never does when "buying" a claim..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find with that report Winner.

See all you have to do is read the first 2 pages and a company several years ago invested a lot of money and couldn't make it work. Sounds like the state made sure they would not succeed. Permitted and regulated to death.

And now they want to sell it for the very reasonable price of 2.5mil..

At 2.5 mil that would be a steal considering the estimated gold that is left but the Sierra fund and greenies will just make your life he'll to you give up, go broke or both

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is a video of a geologist that worked inside a mine on the tertiary channel. I think it is the Ruby Mine he is talking about. Its 2.5 hours long and some good info in it with pics, diagrams and discriptions. Also inserted in the video are multiple pics of the guy displaying his penchant for having his photo taken with Burmese village girls. If you can get past that the gold info is great.

https://youtu.be/6qpuKMpdaxw

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can I ask a stupid question or 2? no!! Well, I'm going to ask anyways.

I didn't read the report, but I looked at the brochure... They are just digging through gravels??? Ancient river channels???
Hard core placer mining half mile deep??

I know the stuff is OLD, but how cemented is it?? Is it almost like hard rocking? Does every little bit you dig have to be shored up?

They found a quartz vein at 3000feet.. That gives a whole new meaning to "keep digging until you hit bedrock".

And no Rubies...

I got all excited here a bit ago, I found up the street from me, the Ruby Mine.. SWEET, we probably got Rubies in the backyard....
Nope, some guy named Joe Ruby had a fluorite mine. Fluorite:tongue3:... California's version of "The Ruby Mine" is far cooler
than New Mexico's.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They are not very deep down in the video on this channel but the quartz veins extend very deep into the earth. Some mines on hiway 49 like the Kennedy in Jackson Ca was shafted down to below 4300' with side tunnels chasing the veins. Most cemented gravels were run through stamp mills. A small mine that was doing exploration might have 2 stamps while a large production could have as many as 100.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can I ask a stupid question or 2? no!! Well, I'm going to ask anyways.

I didn't read the report, but I looked at the brochure... They are just digging through gravels??? Ancient river channels???
Hard core placer mining half mile deep??

I know the stuff is OLD, but how cemented is it?? Is it almost like hard rocking? Does every little bit you dig have to be shored up?

They found a quartz vein at 3000feet.. That gives a whole new meaning to "keep digging until you hit bedrock".

And no Rubies...

I got all excited here a bit ago, I found up the street from me, the Ruby Mine.. SWEET, we probably got Rubies in the backyard....
Nope, some guy named Joe Ruby had a fluorite mine. Fluorite:tongue3:... California's version of "The Ruby Mine" is far cooler
than New Mexico's.

Found this for you. https://pubs.usgs.gov/circ/1968/0566/report.pdf

Side note: One of my cousins who grew up in Alleghany worked in one of the underground river channel placer mines (the Ruby?) in the area as well as hardrock mines around there and other places. Alleghany was a neat place back in the 50's and into the early 70's but the last time I was there it seemed weird and I was very uneasy just driving thru and back. Too bad.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread