The Old Miners Show The Way

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Earlier this year I was out with a couple of friends scouting and prospecting. I took many photos to look at later for things I might have missed. These four below were interesting. First the blue beam of light descended followed by some scattered abberration. By the third pic the face of the ancient miner appeared and in the last laid down the green halo of where to dig. Or is it just an optical delusion. You decide.

IMG_2715 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2716 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2718 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2719 - Copy.JPG

Upvote 0

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Home made drop riffle, 'zook' mini prospector, 'zook' sniper
Primary Interest:
Other
Dig dig dig ...and if you find some sprinkle a bit back in the creek as thanks to the spirits...

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I always give back to the creek either knowingly or unknowingly.

OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ya I thought that. A pile of big rocks and he isn't looking too good. The creek had a smallpox outbreak that took almost half of all the miners that were working there.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Ya I thought that. A pile of big rocks and he isn't looking too good. The creek had a smallpox outbreak that took almost half of all the miners that were working there.

While I doubt they would have buried an old miner that had small pox next to the creek, I would not even consider drinking the water from the creek without boiling it for a long time. However, I could see robbers having to dispose of a body and burying it close or even right next to the creek where rock piles would be somewhat overlooked due to the prospecting that went on there.

Frank

OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very True. I am going to get back to it someday And dig that area. Definitely no drinking of that water.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Very True. I am going to get back to it someday And dig that area. Definitely no drinking of that water.

Please let us know what you find.

By the way, I was intrigued by the green dome, halo or whatever one would call it that showed up in pic #4, so I went and took a better look. You did not have a green Gold pan close by did you? Note how the green dome or halo is ribbed like some of the plastic Gold pans and is the reason I ask. There is definitely something going on in the pic other than natural play of glare from the sun or water or even issues with the camera or it's setup. I have taken a lot of pics during my life and have caught some truly odd and/or eerie stuff in some of the pics but nothing like what is in that pic!

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
no there was nothing laying around. The ripples in the green hue might bee the reflection from the miners rib section. I don't know. It definitely is the most interesting set of photos I have ever taken. I had them transferred to a foam board and mounted them on my wall.

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Clean your lense before taking pics otherwise BIGFOOT will show up in your next series of pics.
:laughing7:

OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bigfoot in the pic will be alright as long as he is pointing out a paystreak.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's go tear it up!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread