cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone bought gold maps from goldmaps.com?

I am interested in the California map #6 Here is the description.

Gold mining in California Gold Region 6 was second only to the Mother Lode in California gold production. The 1,580 gold mines and gold prospects shown on California Gold Map 6 extend from the northern edge of California Gold Map 5 to the Oregon State Line. Superb scenery. The Klamath, Trinity & Smith rivers are shown. You will see gold mines and prospects near Redding, Shasta, Susanville, Whiskeytown, French Gulch, Weed, Alturas, Orleans, Happy Camp and Crescent City.

I live in the last town mentioned. The total price is $35 for one map.
If anyone has used their maps, were they useful and helpful?

Upvote 0

RattlingDan

May 30, 2017
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Silver Sabre, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought the Medford maps. I haven't been down to that area yet but the maps are very nice looking maps. I would say they are quite expensive as far as maps go. I'm planning a trip to the area when the Grizzly Gold Trap I ordered gets here. You may want to buy several at a time as I believe there is a price break if you do.

bcfromfl

Feb 18, 2016
Youngstown, FL
Detector(s) used
GPX 4500,
Fisher Gold Bug Pro,
Gold Hog stream sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish they would post a small sample on their website so you can see what kind of detail to expect.

n01d3x

Apr 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the CA #5. It shows the ancient yuba and other ancient rivers. I'm not sure how accurate those are, but it's interesting for sure. Other than the ancient rivers though I don't know how useful they would be. I think you could probably do just as good of research using mylandmatters.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No need to pay for this stuff. Just go to www.mylandmatters.org and print the map you want!

Full disclosure: I have a cool map of Colorado with all the placer deposits on it which I just love! So...yeah. Maps!

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got maps but without a sample picture for these, I would have to pass. Out of the 1500+ gold mines listed, how many were productive? Sounds like a North state map with a bunch of dots on it. When I get over to the house later, I'll drop a pic on here for you of the current claims if you want. We're moving right now into our smaller guest house. Land matters has them also, all for free...

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
https://mrdata.usgs.gov/mrds/map.html Interactive commodities map. Click on gold and then click on the area on the map you want to search. Keep clicking in until you end up with the mines in that area that you want. Click on an individual mine and you will get the info for that mine.

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Paper maps are lighter and less expensive.

[emoji847]

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I bought a big packet of "gold maps" years ago, it was a big disappointment, incomplete to say the least.

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We were lucky enough to find a sought after tertiary map in a thrift store. Haven't bought any outside of that though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread