What are your thoughts on this pay layer ?

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1501031665.168538.jpg

Upvote 0

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Be very careful, no amount of gold is worth your life. I'll ask you how stable is all that overburden ? What is the lighter colored layer above the coble layer, sand, clay or combo ? I'll be honest, I have mined stuff like that but instead of what you have above the pay layer I had 6ft boulders, the gold layer was under the boulders and several times I would be processing that material down at the river and I would hear a big thump, rock down. That lure of gold will you make you do some crazy things. If I were to mine your place I would start at the bedrock on either end and leave the center alone for support again that also depends on the what type of deposition you are mining and only you know that, hard pan or soft sand and rock. Good Luck and it looks like good challenge.

OP
OP
yotaboy86

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It is a sandy clay layer about 15' thick above it and the cobble layer I would say around 3' thick. But I am wondering if this is an old channel being cut through by the current creek? Not sure but there is gold to be had so far just not sure if it came from the cobble or the paste that was on the bedrock

OP
OP
yotaboy86

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1501035898.099463.jpg gold from here 1.5 buckets

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice, one way to answer your question is to notice where the gold is deposited around the rocks. River flow will place gold in the direction the water is flowing. Spend a little time looking around a rock that you pull out, test pan a little at a time and notice where the most gold is in reference to the present stream flow, that will give your direction.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It sounds like your in it for the info along with the gold. Print a few copies of the pic you have and then remove small sections at a time and pan them noting the pan take per spot on the pic. You can then correlate the deposits and how the cobble shingled and what the consistency of the material between the cobble with the best take amounts. Then when it is opened up I second schoolofhardrocks opinion of working that bedrock. I would look for any type of crack in the bedrock and exploit it with a sledge and chisel. Watch your top knot for falling clunkers.

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Also test the contact layer where the sandy clay layer meets the cobble, I find a lot of gold there in my area with same situation. Take your time and enjoy this place, not to common anymore.

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also test the contact layer where the sandy clay layer meets the cobble, I find a lot of gold there in my area with same situation. Take your time and enjoy this place, not to common anymore.

this X's 100. et1955 knows what he is talking about. I dont call him "River Yoda" for nothing. Not only that but with what you showed from just over a bucket.....I'd hit that like a fat kid on a twinkie. Just be careful about undermining to the point of collapse. Thats a danger spot.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being in California...too much visible disturbance on that stream bank and you will probably find your tit in a wringer with the state.
Is it on your mining claim?

OP
OP
yotaboy86

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Being in California...too much visible disturbance on that stream bank and you will probably find your tit in a wringer with the state.
Is it on your mining claim?

It is on private land with water and mineral rights

OP
OP
yotaboy86

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
this X's 100. et1955 knows what he is talking about. I dont call him "River Yoda" for nothing. Not only that but with what you showed from just over a bucket.....I'd hit that like a fat kid on a twinkie. Just be careful about undermining to the point of collapse. Thats a danger spot.

Haha will do I'll be back there in about a month..ps big fan of your channel and the show

OP
OP
yotaboy86

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice, one way to answer your question is to notice where the gold is deposited around the rocks. River flow will place gold in the direction the water is flowing. Spend a little time looking around a rock that you pull out, test pan a little at a time and notice where the most gold is in reference to the present stream flow, that will give your direction.

Thank you sir for the great advise I'll use it to my advantage for sure!

OP
OP
yotaboy86

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It sounds like your in it for the info along with the gold. Print a few copies of the pic you have and then remove small sections at a time and pan them noting the pan take per spot on the pic. You can then correlate the deposits and how the cobble shingled and what the consistency of the material between the cobble with the best take amounts. Then when it is opened up I second schoolofhardrocks opinion of working that bedrock. I would look for any type of crack in the bedrock and exploit it with a sledge and chisel. Watch your top knot for falling clunkers.

Also a great idea I will print out a few copies

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
bring a snorkle and mask. when it gets too hot you can cool off and do some sniping. looks like good bedrock to me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions