The Wandering Prospector 23- The Curse Awakens

Daryl Friesen

Mar 21, 2003
Vancouver,British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Hello,

I have been a treasure hunter and a prospector for many years or more some of you may know me some of you may hate me but I had the chance to be involved in a reality TV show called Curse of the Frozen Gold. Many of you may have watched it as well or maybe not regardless while I was involved in the show I tried my best to make my own vid before I lost control over the lost creek mine which I did. Anyway, what follows is the video, please don't be hard on shaky footage as shooting conditions were not ideal.

The Wandering Prospector 23-The Curse Awakens

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=gxOLRms-D6Y

Treasure and Gold Prospecting leads in British Columbia

Upvote 0

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wasn't super impressed with your show, If I had access to that much heli support I would use it more effectively.

OP
OP
Daryl Friesen

Daryl Friesen

Mar 21, 2003
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
I wasn't super impressed with your show, If I had access to that much heli support I would use it more effectively.

Wow, this is why I don't bother. You think I had control over Curse bahaaa..they fly where they want to go you watch the vid I am trying to make my own vid that's real while filming and I get stopped..Why don't you put your camera down Daryl?

Watch the video before you judge it.

D

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wasn't super impressed with your show, If I had access to that
much heli support I would use it more effectively.

Everybody is a critic...:tongue3:

Daryl, 99% of us understand that you had no editorial control and
just had to go with what they offered...same as Boyce in his show.

Thanks for sharing it, and ANY of us would have loved to have been
on an adventure like the one you took!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no one is blaming the guys for being in an overproduced and essentially fake show...we know they don't have control once they sign on.
Thats what ruins what otherwise is a cool concept...having to create and produce the "reality"

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So yesterday my wifes Ford over heats. Im just looking under the hood and this arm with a Ipod is poked infront of my view. My 14 year old is just standing there laughing as he though it was funny. Now I wanted to shove that ipod up his you now what.

I would invest into to go pro or like equipment, something with a body mount. You just can not take enough pictures on a treasure hunt. Unless you post them on a site like this. But there is times you should not be taking pictures. I am confused, were you part of the show?

OP
OP
Daryl Friesen

Daryl Friesen

Mar 21, 2003
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
darylcursecool.JPG
So yesterday my wifes Ford over heats. Im just looking under the hood and this arm with a Ipod is poked infront of my view. My 14 year old is just standing there laughing as he though it was funny. Now I wanted to shove that ipod up his you now what.

I would invest into to go pro or like equipment, something with a body mount. You just can not take enough pictures on a treasure hunt. Unless you post them on a site like this. But there is times you should not be taking pictures. I am confused, were you part of the show?

Hello,

Yes, I was a main cast member. You might say star even.

awesomecurse.JPG

Last edited:

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I did watch the video. Seems like a lot of helicopter time for very little sampling lol. It looked like you had some great ground.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That had to be a adventure for sure.

OP
OP
Daryl Friesen

Daryl Friesen

Mar 21, 2003
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
It was an epic and adventure and I still do have the great ground...Its just a matter of getting back up there without TV backers..to finish what i started.

Attachments

• gadsbybowlgreat.JPG
    gadsbybowlgreat.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 65

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread