Senator Crapo's Office Response to Forest Service Lawlessness

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ditto, I hate click bait. A picture and something that tells me what Im about to see. Also name calling is usually the last effort of the loosing side of a battle. Just look at our national politics right now.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is impossible to have meaningful discussion when one side's response to other side's policy is "you are a bad person", instead of "your policy is flawed".

But, first you need a subject to discuss...

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I checked it out and it offered no real info...click bait in the first degree. Thanks MEG...not.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is what it says, link is safe....

[h=3]Senator Crapo's Office Response to Forest Service Lawlessness[/h]

This is a recent response from Senator Crapo's office to the lawless manner in which the Forest Service closed Sugar Creek Road.

[h=3]Signs the Forest Service posted on Sugar Creek Road. The Forest Service offered ZERO public comment periods required by NEPA and other federal laws before closing Sugar Creek Road.[/h]

Follow up from Senator Crapo regarding the Forest Service's unlawful closure of Sugar Creek Road:

Mr. Amos:

We hope this e-mail finds you well. Upon submitting a congressional inquiry to the U.S. Forest Service on your behalf we learned that there is an open Office of Inspector General (OIG) investigation based on a hotline complaint registered with the agency earlier in the year. The investigation includes Sugar Creek Road. On the advice of the Senate Ethics Committee, once a matter reaches this level it is not appropriate for a United States Senator to intervene.

Once the investigation is completed, you may certainly contact us again with any further thoughts or concerns. You may also contact us should you need assistance on another federal matter.

Senator Crapo sends his best regards.

Sincerely,

Sam

Samantha Marshall

Constituent Services Manager

U.S. Senator Mike Crapo

202 Falls Ave., Suite 2

Twin Falls, ID 83301

(208) 734-2515

(208) 733-0414 (fax)

That criminal complaint against the Forest Service can be read here:

Idaho vs USFS: Payette National Forest Under Investigation for Criminal Conduct

Posted by Scott Amos at 23:03 BlogThis!Share to TwitterShare to Faceboo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
HeatherLess:

What kind of business do you want to open?

The Small Business Administration might be able to help you. They also have the SCORE (Service Core of Retired Executives) to assist - at least, they did pre-COVID-19.

Many cities and towns have a business development office to help guide you though local paperwork required to legally get off the ground.

NOLO Press has some excellent resources on legal entities.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
M.E.G.:

What did the Forest Service do that is "lawless?"

I don't have a dog in this hunt - just curious.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

AndersonJoan

Feb 4, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few months ago, I had to look for a new office. Since working from home has become torture for me. For security reasons, all employees were temporarily dismissed for deleting the form. Still, no one expected us to work at home for so long. Someone even quit during this time. Just because it's morally tricky at home, the working mood disappears. My friend advised me to rent a separate office in the office and showed me one place https://osdoro.com.sg/co-working/coworking-singapore/ .I started working much better as I moved to work in the office. At home, I could not fulfill my norm for the whole day, and in the office, it took me 4 hours. I advise everyone to stop working at home and start going to the offices.

Last edited:

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Working at home certainly isn't for everyone. It can take a while to establish a routine and ignore the household chores to work. Having children at home trying to go to school would be, obviously, an enormous distraction.

On the other hand, no commute is a big plus. At one time I was commuting a hour to an hour-and-a-half each way to work. That was, at a minimum, an extra twenty hours a week of work. Not to mention the cost, stress, etc. of that much driving.

I knew a gentleman who would get up, clean up, get dressed for work, walk out his house and around the block, then come back in and "go to work."

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread