Gold pic

ELKAHOLIC

Greenie
Jul 23, 2017
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ran 41 buckets of material through the highbanker yesterday and here's what I got. Just barley under a gram. Getting about a gram a yard would you guys consider that pretty rich ground? IMG_0306.JPG

Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's an awful lot of labor for $30 worth of gold, however, I've worked just as hard
and ended up the day with less than 2/10ths of a gram.

It's $30 a yard material...and if you could run 100 yds a day you'd be a wealthy man in
short order. 8-)

IMG_0306-2.jpg

Last edited:

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Correction, gold is at about 1291.00 so he's getting just over 40$ per cubic yd, every penny counts

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats of some nice and what looks like chunky Gold! If it is in fact chunky Gold, then you may not be digging far from the source and might want to do some testing to see if you can locate the source.

Frank

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
more like $33 bucks if you can get a buyer at 80%

the thing to figure out is how much of the material was actually gold bearing.

make sure your moving the right yardage especially if your digging filling buckets dumping and feeding equipment.

A gram a yard is pretty low grade material if it is taking a day to source material.

How many hours?

OP
OP
E

ELKAHOLIC

Greenie
Jul 23, 2017
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It took me and my nephew maybe 3 hours to dig and run the material. We could of run more but we got a late start and needed to get back to town.

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
41 buckets in three hours? Are you filling buckets with a backhoe? lol I wish I could run 41 buckets in a day

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread