How do I optain a listing of waterways containing endangered aquatic species?

TheOculus

Jun 10, 2017
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well its your luck day, you don't have to search much they all are...

Tennessee prospecting permit;
http://www.tennessee.gov/assets/ent...r_permit_arap-gp_recreational-prospecting.pdf
looks like you can prospect critical habitat streams at any spot over 30 feet wide
or greater than 5 feet wide on other streams also outstanding resource waters and some 303d listed are closed

mostly you just have to read between the lines, they just want the stream to be a big enough.
dredging/high-banking requires an extra permit ARAP form CN-10919

you can click on a spot here, it will give the listings for threatened or endangered aquatic species
http://environment-online.tn.gov:8080/pls/enf_reports/f?p=9014:4:::NO:::

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheOculus

TheOculus

Jun 10, 2017
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was reading through that permit earlier today Winner58 and I appreciate the help gentlemen!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
This is the primary rule in recreational prospecting in the state of Tennessee. I'm trying to locate a list of waterways protecting endangered species/critical habitats. Any info would be greatly appreciated. -Oculus

You can check with the TDEC (Tennessee Department of Environmental Conservation) in Knoxville as they supervise any activities on creeks, streams and rivers in Tennessee including Gold prospecting. Most creeks and streams are open if they qualify size-wise (they have to meet a certain average width, a certain length and possibly depth) for what equipment can be used. As far as I know, Coker Creek East of Hwy 68 is still closed/off-limits on the Doc Rogers land and in the National Forest but some other creeks and streams are open. If panning and possibly using a sluice, you do not need a permit but if using a Highbanker, Highbanker/Dredge Combo or a Dredge, a permit is required and I am pretty sure that there is a fee for it. I believe the permits are now issued by TDEC but they may have again given authority to the Ranger Stations when it is on National Forest Lands.

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread