Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My step mom and Dad use these rods. They have for a few years. They just started to teach me. She and I hit on the same spots. My question is this -- why do I hit on some spots and she DOESN'T ?? I hit on hers and more times than not she doesn't hit on mine... Thank you..
Wrong Forum-----try here.
Marvin
Dowsing

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few years ago went tot he gold and treasure show in Phoenix while my folks were out to visit... Bought a set of dowsing rods.. Just CUZ!!

My better half thinks they are SSSOOOOOO stupid.

So we got home, and just messing around and drinking beers.. We had 3 bar stools set out in the kitchen with 3 upside down bowls. Leave the room
and have somebody stick a vial of gold under one of the bowls.. My Dad and I were having a blast (remember we was drinking beers)... And we were doing
pretty well finding the vial of gold, well over 50% success rate.

Them my Mom, while hiding the vial of gold thought she would be a smart ass and
put the vial of gold under one bowl and her GOLD wedding ring under another bowl.. Both my Dad and I were able to eliminate the bowl with nothing
under it... But we spent about an hour handing the rods back and forth and we couldn't figure out which bowl had the vial of gold... Both bowls were
coming up positive.

Been having a lot of rains here and today discovered a "problem". My assistant/helper, whatever you want to call her.. Here at the shop was out spraying for
goat heads.. And she comes in and says.. "Hey there's a BIG hole over there".

35762525753_5f3b36d2f3_c.jpg

The sun wasn't cooperating for a good pic.. The hole is just the size of a 5 gallon bucket on its side, but if I had bigger cajones, I could have slid down there
and walked around. And then it blew out the side of the hill on the neighbors property. AND it went right through where there is a gas line and a fiber optic line.

So I called "Dig Safe" and they said they don't care.. So I called the gas company, and a guy came out. Nobody seemed to care about the fiber optic line, I just
want somebody else to fill the hole in before my property slides down the hill. He found the new gas line with a fancy gizmo... And then he pulled out a
single dowsing rod, a long one... It was kind of fun watching him. He nailed down exactly where the old gas line is.. Then he did some back and forth thing
to figure out the depth.. (I know where the old gas line is, gas company doesn't, and he nailed it down pretty good).

So.. I don't know the answer to your question. I don't understand how they work, I'm not sure they even actually do... I DO KNOW that if the
operator thinks its all a bunch of hooey, they won't work at all. Keep playing with it, at least you are hitting on something.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some folks got it, some don't. It is predicated on need and not greed hense water dowsing is much more accurate-John

OP
OP
C

Cindyrai09

Aug 14, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. I am hitting on gold dust mostly right now. Very hard to separate being so small.. any ideas on that ??

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My grandfather swore by it for pipe. I've seen it done. Maybe luck? or some other indicator/s that your picking up along the way not really knowing. Not sure. I've also had luck with down spout drains and pipes. But again...SO many other variables to consider for me to say it works.

But Gold? I'll never rule anything out that I don't understand enough science for...But I'm a skeptic.:laughing7:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not trying to pick a fight but sometimes Folks doubt things that they don't understand. I was a successful Dowser for many years with a Construction Company locating Utilities.
I have an idea that I can show any normal person how to dowse. The average person does not realize or understand the power of the Brain and Nervous system.
When I was a child I learned about Dowsing from a neighbor Gentleman that would find items hidden by others to include my Dads wallet.
I, too, used to be a prospector but age caught up with me. Even though this is a Prospecting forum, better Dowsing information can be found on the Dowsing site that I posted earlier. There you can learn to dowse many things to include Gold.
There are Advocates, Mentors there and occasionally a person that doubts the process.
Albert Einstein had some entertaining things to say about it.
I didn't write this as if I wanted to debate on this forum, but to offer a bit of information that I had.
Good Luck finding the allusive Au, my Friends. They tell me it's where you find it.:occasion14:
Marvin

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not trying to pick a fight but sometimes Folks doubt things that they don't understand. I was a successful Dowser for many years with a Construction Company locating Utilities.
I have an idea that I can show any normal person how to dowse. The average person does not realize or understand the power of the Brain and Nervous system.
When I was a child I learned about Dowsing from a neighbor Gentleman that would find items hidden by others to include my Dads wallet.
I, too, used to be a prospector but age caught up with me. Even though this is a Prospecting forum, better Dowsing information can be found on the Dowsing site that I posted earlier. There you can learn to dowse many things to include Gold.
There are Advocates, Mentors there and occasionally a person that doubts the process.
Albert Einstein had some entertaining things to say about it.
I didn't write this as if I wanted to debate on this forum, but to offer a bit of information that I had.
Good Luck finding the allusive Au, my Friends. They tell me it's where you find it.:occasion14:
Marvin

I don't think your post was picking a fight.......

I've seen it done and have done it. I know it works..........How it works is what I'm kind of skeptical about.

Now..I'm referring to utility and pipe that I've seen and have done. Not map. Map and gold type stuff is something that I'm full skeptic on the whole way around! Because I don't believe (right now) that we have some untapped magical power. But it's all in fun and I may see or learn something that will change my view.. :occasion14:

It is a very cool subject when you start digging into it. sounds like you have! I spent days reading reports and studies on it. I don't remember most of it though. Einstein's Letters(?). too. :laughing7:

Last edited:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think your post was picking a fight.......

I've seen it done and have done it. I know it works..........How it works is what I'm kind of skeptical about.

Now..I'm referring to utility and pipe that I've seen and have done. Not map. Map and gold type stuff is something that I'm full skeptic on the whole way around! Because I don't believe (right now) that we have some untapped magical power. But it's all in fun and I may see or learn something that will change my view.. :occasion14:

It is a very cool subject when you start digging into it. sounds like you have! I spent days reading reports and studies on it. I don't remember most of it though. Einstein's Letters(?). too. :laughing7:

Here ya go.
Marvin
Albert Einstein
H

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here ya go.
Marvin
Albert Einstein
H

Just in case people are researching and can't find the letter, and there were more, and all should be looked at.

Here is a copy and paste of one quoted in your article above. I know I originally had a heck of a time finding when I was looking into this stuff.

Copied from the net.......Not even claiming it's authentic, just info.....Interesting stuff!

Dear Mr. Peisach: 15 February 1946

I read with great interest the reports from your father and I think
that they deserve attention. To publish them in the daily press would have
little effect. However, if you send these reports to a medical journal, you
will have to re-write some of the other aspects that are not really
pertinent to this matter.

I know very well that many scientists consider dowsing as they do
astrology,as a type of ancient superstition. According to my conviction
this is, however,unjustified. The dowsing rod is a simple instrument which
shows the reaction of the human nervous system to certain factors which are
unknown to us at this time.

That the same circumstances can bring forth
nervous difficulties in breathing appears entirely plausible. However, I do
not think there is any connection with the occurrence of cancer. This
latter connection, if true, would not be easy to prove with supporting
statistics.

If you submit the carefully revised reports to a medical journal you
may attach a copy of my letter, so that this matter will receive the
attention I feel it deserves.

Very truly yours,
A. Einstein

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have had pretty good luck using my shovel. As a dowseing rod most of the time it finds gold. Not enought to get rich. Or any size to to it. But enought to ease the fever.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just in case people are researching and can't find the letter, and there were more, and all should be looked at.

Here is a copy and paste of one quoted in your article above. I know I originally had a heck of a time finding when I was looking into this stuff.

Copied from the net.......Not even claiming it's authentic, just info.....Interesting stuff!

Dear Mr. Peisach: 15 February 1946

I read with great interest the reports from your father and I think
that they deserve attention. To publish them in the daily press would have
little effect. However, if you send these reports to a medical journal, you
will have to re-write some of the other aspects that are not really
pertinent to this matter.

I know very well that many scientists consider dowsing as they do
astrology,as a type of ancient superstition. According to my conviction
this is, however,unjustified. The dowsing rod is a simple instrument which
shows the reaction of the human nervous system to certain factors which are
unknown to us at this time.

That the same circumstances can bring forth
nervous difficulties in breathing appears entirely plausible. However, I do
not think there is any connection with the occurrence of cancer. This
latter connection, if true, would not be easy to prove with supporting
statistics.

If you submit the carefully revised reports to a medical journal you
may attach a copy of my letter, so that this matter will receive the
attention I feel it deserves.

Very truly yours,
A. Einstein

Too bad Einstein never wrote such a letter. :cat:

It's nowhere to be found in his 2,000+ quotes or any of his biographies. Internet yarn at best. But it will continue to be "quoted" wherever dowsers want to be taken seriously as science.

I say good for the dowsers. Dowse to your hearts content, you won't hear any objection from me. When you try to pass dowsing off as scientific it comes out as mumbo jumbo. Don't take your art to that level. Follow your beliefs and leave science out of it. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad Einstein never wrote such a letter. :cat:

It's nowhere to be found in his 2,000+ quotes or any of his biographies. Internet yarn at best. But it will continue to be "quoted" wherever dowsers want to be taken seriously as science.

I say good for the dowsers. Dowse to your hearts content, you won't hear any objection from me. When you try to pass dowsing off as scientific it comes out as mumbo jumbo. Don't take your art to that level. Follow your beliefs and leave science out of it. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

That letter was never written? I was trying to research dowsing at one time. I thought there were a couple of these letters. I'm sure your right!

In it, He's not proving dowsing. He is staying towards the scientific side. Your nervous system does cause it to work......How is the huge debate.

Anyhow, you know all of that. I say it works. To what accuracy, and how it works? Is where I'm a skeptic.

I can find down spout pipe. Is it because of "clues" in my surroundings. Ground, Good guess on where they would run it, etc...And the nervous system reacts, and there it is! After a few tries....Because I'm rusty! with it.:laughing7:

Ok, OK, Not trying to start a dowsing debate. It's fun! I can say I have had success at it! But not sure how or why, and I'm not telling my accuracy!!!!!:laughing7:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Clay Diggins!! I spent time digging around out of curiosity an to check for myself.

I went all these years thinking....Believing those few letters were real. Now, I have no way of knowing for sure, but after searching the net? Seems that NO ONE can prove they are real. There are a few places where it's said to be real, and the copy of the letter is shown. But no one can say where it's at when they are questioned.

It is a possibility, because the claim is that they were between him and a man that was using dowsing rods to try to heal or locate illness?

Anyhow! I went all this time with a false belief! I haven't seen proof(online) that they exist! And I don't have the desire to look further. Even if they are real? It proves or says nothing really.

:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread