Good on ya

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just heard about this show and since I haven't seen anyone mention it here.......

https://www.netflix.com/title/80185803

I'm over gold shows..However I've watch three episode's of this show and so far it's way better than gold rush ever was.

Biggest dry washer in the Southern Hemisphere????

Bring your metric converter....Aussie slang guide and enjoy!!

Your welcome8-)

Upvote 0

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my second episode and it is pretty dang watchable, found it on netflix

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I have Netflix and watched the whole first season last night and tonight. I loved the show except the constant moving around by the mining crew with the custom built blower and the younger of the two nugget shooting couples. They all found some really nice Gold specimens and nuggets.

Frank

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
leases are only 2.something acres I think. I guess they have a certain amount of gold they want before they can run volume.

Being mobile is the way to go sometimes I think.

Thats also why more nugget hunters are highgraders than claim owners :BangHead:

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My better half found it on netflix the other weekend, and we watched 3 or 4 episodes.

It was different. Seems odd to me that the older couple would have a bucket loader, an excavator, and a metal detector..
Nothing to actually PROCESS dirt (though they did buy a big dry washer).. Strip it back... Detect it.. Strip some more.. Detect more.

The Australian thing always seems weird to me. Its seems they are always just out in the FLAT desert, where here in the USA seems
we're always around hills, streams and mountains.

As a desert dweller, it was kind of nice seeing some non-stream/water related gold mining going on on TV for a change.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Austrailia is the oldest continent. it has had a lot of wind water and time to tear down mountains.

One of the deepest if not the deepest gold mines is in Africa.

it is a placer mine. They are recovering gold from an ancient lake http://gizmodo.com/terrifying-facts-about-the-worlds-deepest-gold-mine-1484301368

The reason we mine around hills in the U.S . Is because the hills are pretty new. 30 million years ago it was flat like Austrailia.

It's a good show so far. They have renewed for a second season.

I figure it is cheaper to scrape and detect than bring in more equipment to break.

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the info on that TV show GW . I found it online and watched some shows .
Man ..... I like that flat gold loaded ground they have over there . I've watched a few videos
on youtube from Australian gold hunters ( posted some ) .... I like them . They have some
prime detector type land over there for sure ... but they seem to be a bit to dependent on
the electronics to me . But whatever works ... works . I envy the fact they can find nice pieces
of gold just laying right on top of the ground in plain view . It damn sure don't work that way for me .

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find. There is also some episodes available on Yutube in case you dont have netflix

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the season totals were realistic and respectable

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good show so far thanks for the info!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread