Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 145
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: Is it worth crushing all quartz found in a rich gold district?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #121
    Make America Great Again

    Apr 2013
    Oregon
    1,228
    2697 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    might test with a Falcon MD-20 metal detector they are about $200
    if it sounds off going to a target its gold, if it sounds off going away its iron.
    https://youtu.be/E6zROwbxxJQ
    https://youtu.be/sYhgVt-CPzY
    & ask Jeff; https://youtu.be/SsZd4vkwDVA
    NovaScotiaGold likes this.
    " A pessimist is an optimist with experience "

  2. #122
    us
    Hardrock prospector

    May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
    734
    228 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by winners58 View Post
    might test with a Falcon MD-20 metal detector they are about $200
    if it sounds off going to a target its gold, if it sounds off going away its iron.
    https://youtu.be/E6zROwbxxJQ
    https://youtu.be/sYhgVt-CPzY
    & ask Jeff; https://youtu.be/SsZd4vkwDVA
    Great for spot testing. Thanks for the tips.

  3. #123

    Aug 2017
    75
    20 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Midway up the outcrop (approx 35 feet up hill from thin white quartz anchored) I mentioned a huge granite boulder:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170908_100817.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	3.14 MB 
ID:	1493726
    (Assuming this is not actually white quartz as well)
    Last edited by NovaScotiaGold; Sep 12, 2017 at 10:28 PM.

  4. #124

    Aug 2017
    75
    20 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by winners58 View Post
    might test with a Falcon MD-20 metal detector they are about $200
    if it sounds off going to a target its gold, if it sounds off going away its iron.
    https://youtu.be/E6zROwbxxJQ
    https://youtu.be/sYhgVt-CPzY
    & ask Jeff; https://youtu.be/SsZd4vkwDVA
    Very cool, was not thinking they were so cost effective

  5. #125

    Aug 2017
    75
    20 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Top of outcrop:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170908_100859.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	2.94 MB 
ID:	1493860
    Last edited by NovaScotiaGold; Sep 13, 2017 at 09:44 AM.

  6. #126

    Aug 2017
    75
    20 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Last one in series is the mentioned "bore or exploration hole" where I found a de-limbed tree jammed in this hole with stone placed as fill around it:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-09-12-23-48-55.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	631.8 KB 
ID:	1493749
    Last edited by NovaScotiaGold; Sep 12, 2017 at 10:48 PM.

  7. #127
    us
    Hardrock prospector

    May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
    734
    228 times
    Prospecting
    If you have the time spot test some of the 'Bore hole rock' to see if there is any values.
    NovaScotiaGold likes this.

  8. #128
    us
    Jan 2013
    mother load goldfields
    gold master V-sat
    214
    142 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I use to do mine dumps with free milling ore.

    I would screen the fines out and pan them then run my gold bug 2 over any quartz chunks from the dump. if i got even the smallest signal it went into a bucket
    all the rest i would dump.
    the gold bug will pick up a pin head piece of gold up to about 3 inches in the quartz.

  9. #129

    Mar 2016
    576
    801 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaScotiaGold View Post
    I'm all good and still here lol, regardless of your sense of humor I still find value to your existance and opinions ... make me think or research, life isn't easy, I know this lol
    It's been awhile since I had gold fever, I just realized that I had not given consideration to the fact that you may be sick.
    --------------
    What you are calling quartz does not look anything like the quartz that is common in my area.
    winners58, bobw53 and Clay Diggins like this.
    All treasures found with permission on private property or on active mining claims.

  10. #130
    us
    Hardrock prospector

    May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
    734
    228 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by augoldminer View Post
    I use to do mine dumps with free milling ore.

    I would screen the fines out and pan them then run my gold bug 2 over any quartz chunks from the dump. if i got even the smallest signal it went into a bucket
    all the rest i would dump.
    the gold bug will pick up a pin head piece of gold up to about 3 inches in the quartz.
    It is getting harder to values in mine dumps. However this is still a good place to look.
    NovaScotiaGold likes this.

  11. #131

    Aug 2017
    75
    20 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    In my immediate area I was led to believe that the remaining tailings after the Stamp mills were done with the quartz it was sand. They dumped it all over the local area beaches. There is still a large pile down the road by some rail tracks. Have been looking at the history of the neighboring Montague mine site for more viable tailings. This was a suggestion of a local hobby prospector as well.

    Said I'd share a photo of my collected samples for crushing and panning
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170913_175536.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	1494098

  12. #132

    Aug 2017
    75
    20 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Assembler View Post
    If you have the time spot test some of the 'Bore hole rock' to see if there is any values.
    I plan to remove and crush every stone associated with that bore hole and pull the rotted tree out as I go. I don't feel stressed for time. I will grab a few surface level stones this season for testing. I need to educate myself more before getting any further over my head, I see myself digging down and a pile of stone crushing me to death and burying me. Going to learn about shaft construction

  13. #133
    us
    Hardrock prospector

    May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
    734
    228 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaScotiaGold View Post
    I plan to remove and crush every stone associated with that bore hole and pull the rotted tree out as I go. I don't feel stressed for time. I will grab a few surface level stones this season for testing. I need to educate myself more before getting any further over my head, I see myself digging down and a pile of stone crushing me to death and burying me. Going to learn about shaft construction
    You will learn a few things by crushing all this rock. You are lucky that you can just go out your door and get fresh rocks. You will have something to do this winter as well.
    NovaScotiaGold likes this.

  14. #134

    Aug 2017
    75
    20 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    For anyone interested here is one of my sources I found for info after suggestions from posts above in thread.

    Geological resource atlas and Gold fields of nova scotia at bottom of link was useful for me.
    https://novascotia.ca/NATR/meb/prosp...-resources.asp

    Novascotiaminerals.pdf wont link but will show in google. Shows mineral samples found locally

    Same with nspebbles.pdf which is a pebble identifier brochure I found useful

    My best find long term: a really high resolution old map showing all the old forgotten gold towns in bold red, showing a lot of details. Took a while to find this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	goldmapNS.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	3.14 MB 
ID:	1494187
    http://geoscan.nrcan.gc.ca/starweb/g...arch1=R=108131
    Last edited by NovaScotiaGold; Sep 14, 2017 at 08:22 AM.

  15. #135
    Make America Great Again

    Apr 2013
    Oregon
    1,228
    2697 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaScotiaGold View Post
    In my immediate area I was led to believe that the remaining tailings after the Stamp mills were done with the quartz it was sand. They dumped it all over the local area beaches. There is still a large pile down the road by some rail tracks. Have been looking at the history of the neighboring Montague mine site for more viable tailings. This was a suggestion of a local hobby prospector as well.
    Said I'd share a photo of my collected samples for crushing and panning
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170913_175536.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	1494098
    I'd say Leaverite I don't see anything worth bringing home, one of the links you posted has the maps you should be looking at,
    they show all the locations of tailing piles and detailed lines of the quartz veins, one for each of the 64 locations on the map you like
    https://novascotia.ca/natr/meb/downl...m_2009-001.asp
    an example showing Montague; (zoom to 100% latitude on side, longitude on top at the edge of the map)
    http://novascotia.ca/natr/meb/data/m...001_s28_dp.pdf
    Last edited by winners58; Sep 14, 2017 at 01:26 AM.
    " A pessimist is an optimist with experience "

 

 
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: Nov 18, 2016, 08:59 PM
  2. Crushing Some Quartz - Getting Some Gold
    By goldhog in forum Gold Prospecting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Aug 11, 2014, 11:22 PM
  3. Crushing quartz part 6
    By Astrobouncer in forum Hard Rock Mining
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Oct 21, 2013, 07:19 AM
  4. Crushing a couple pieces of quartz from Vein Mtn
    By Astrobouncer in forum Hard Rock Mining
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Jan 05, 2013, 10:15 PM
  5. Couple of finds around a Quartz gold crushing battery
    By tinpan in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: May 09, 2009, 06:33 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0