Role play? You find a vein ... whats the battle plan?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1) Keep your mouth shut. Don't tell your best friend, Mom, wife, husband - nobody.

2) Quietly mine and stockpile the raw gold for the next month.

3) If on private land, and after you have stockpiled for one month, approach the owner with a CONTRACT to split the recovered gold.

4) If on land owned by the government, say nothing to anyone. Set up game cameras and video cameras, and mine quietly as long as you can.

5) Selling your gold will be the difficult part. Sell small amounts to buyers in places at least 100-kilometers from you, and the mine. Have the gold made into jewelry pieces, "left to you by your Great-Great Grandfather from Australia, or the American Gold Rush." The jewelry will be much easier to sell, and you can pay the maker in gold. :skullflag:

Attachments

• Ring1.jpg
    Ring1.jpg
    797 KB · Views: 92
  • Ring2.jpg
    Ring2.jpg
    675.5 KB · Views: 76
  • Ring3.jpg
    Ring3.jpg
    807.2 KB · Views: 99
  • ring10.jpg
    ring10.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 70
  • ring11.jpg
    ring11.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 82

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What Terry said. Make sure you aren't followed. If you are followed lead them astray.
Marvin

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would first have to change my shorts a few times then;

1. Make sure you're legal to be there and file a claim. No sense in locating something and then having it taken away.

2. If it's rich enough then sweat quietly while you dig and tell no one. Write down the exact gps location so it doesn't become another legendary lost mine and also so you can be located in case something bad happens out there.

3. If it's to much to work by yourself or with a trusted friend, take samples to a known mining company and collect royalties while they do the dirty work.

4. Sit back and smile.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And leave your cell phone at home.
And never put the information on the web, especially this site, it does not use https

Last edited:

Twobrothers

Jun 7, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Private land: Not willing to trespass.
Public land: Explore the deposit thoroughly. Get assay(s) done. Research research research. Determine best course of action regarding claim status. Call up your brother and quietly pack out the hi-grade one or two days a week on hikes. Don't go telling everyone where its at but there is no need for excessive paranoia. It likely more work than 99.8% of the population are willing to go to anyway. Once you find that deposit the work has only begun to begin. Pray that you don't disturb anyone's recreation experience on our public lands and that one one bothers you. Keep your eyes and ears open and work discreetly.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Private land: Not willing to trespass.
Public land: Explore the deposit thoroughly. Get assay(s) done. Research research research. Determine best course of action regarding claim status. Call up your brother and quietly pack out the hi-grade one or two days a week on hikes. Don't go telling everyone where its at but there is no need for excessive paranoia. It likely more work than 99.8% of the population are willing to go to anyway. Once you find that deposit the work has only begun to begin. Pray that you don't disturb anyone's recreation experience on our public lands and that one one bothers you. Keep your eyes and ears open and work discreetly.
By the way there is a Engineering / Survey firm in your State that can help you. Don't know if this one can find the link again however.

OP
OP
N

NovaScotiaGold

Aug 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way there is a Engineering / Survey firm in your State that can help you. Don't know if this one can find the link again however.

Been following this thread too ... thanks! Biggest peice of puzzle was old survey map from 1898. Listed "out cropping" & Mineral hit ... traced land for bore hole which I posted in other thread. I have point of intrusion in my opinion. Once I pull out more than:
20170906_191149.jpg

Ill have to get all over that "tell nobody" part somehow ... wish me luck :)

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been following this thread too ... thanks! Biggest peice of puzzle was old survey map from 1898. Listed "out cropping" & Mineral hit ... traced land for bore hole which I posted in other thread. I have point of intrusion in my opinion. Once I pull out more than:
View attachment 1491574

Ill have to get all over that "tell nobody" part somehow ... wish me luck :)
Yes this one has a hard time with the "Tell nobody" part as well.
Any part of a "Survey" can tell a lot of information.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's private land, to do it right will need to make a deal with the owner. I would not reveal the deposit, just tell them you want to prospect. But they may say no and go look for it themselves.

Government property, research the rules before you do anything.

Problem with just going for it, is that if anyone finds out, you can have your rear sued off for something you may or may not have found.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If it's private land, to do it right will need to make a deal with the owner. I would not reveal the deposit, just tell them you want to prospect. But they may say no and go look for it themselves.

Government property, research the rules before you do anything.

Problem with just going for it, is that if anyone finds out, you can have your rear sued off for something you may or may not have found.
Good information thanks for pointing out smokeythecat.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Vein? Not sure what that could possibly have to do with me , but good luck finding who ever you are after....Would be my non gold in hand reply.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If one can find more information on the 'Surveys' this could help with the layout of the deposits on / in the ground. The deposits may be under only private 'Lands'.

OP
OP
N

NovaScotiaGold

Aug 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If one can find more information on the 'Surveys' this could help with the layout of the deposits on / in the ground. The deposits may be under only private 'Lands'.

Ok Ill show another card, and or explain what I mean by private land lol ... by private land I mean my own land ... I own it. (With mortgage) ... This section of quartz outcrop is / was zoned residential in the 70's we'll pretend... lol same hillside as a hypothetical original mine site, just a few kilometers down the road. Perhaps was supposed to be mine expansion late 1800's ... but they screwed the pooch with thier "urban planning" in the 1940's while the war was on and no one knew what anyone else was doing. An older guy may or may not have had good instincts and willed the land to a family member. (Being yourself)

Running off those assumptions I would guess I am apparently im not overly generous with info and would prefer to verify the find, if there were one and quietly mine it ... under the pretenses of building an in ground pool if neighbors ask. ... save funds from sale of finds ... and then buy the neighbors houses as they sell them at this elevation. (Especially the other 5 lots in the area that have this quartz outcrop) put up a privacy wall & video surveillance to keep people out, "Private no Trespassing" sign. ... I have a feeling you are going to end up in court / dealing with officals for a few reasons if "word spread". Another thing to keep in mind or would be an issue in this case would be the expected existance of a fairly large septic field or other disposal unknown at this time. .... Id hate to go looking for gold and tap into the sidewall of a huge flow of nasty. Obviously I would suggest scouting the surface and exposed areas of land for "signs of minerals" collect all of them and tarp them out of sight. I would suggest nighttime walks to remove obvious interesting stone from ends of driveways / ditches.

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello
Thanks

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok Ill show another card, and or explain what I mean by private land lol ... by private land I mean my own land ... I own it. (With mortgage) ... This section of quartz outcrop is / was zoned residential in the 70's we'll pretend... lol same hillside as a hypothetical original mine site, just a few kilometers down the road. Perhaps was supposed to be mine expansion late 1800's ... but they screwed the pooch with thier "urban planning" in the 1940's while the war was on and no one knew what anyone else was doing. An older guy may or may not have had good instincts and willed the land to a family member. (Being yourself)

Running off those assumptions I would guess I am apparently im not overly generous with info and would prefer to verify the find, if there were one and quietly mine it ... under the pretenses of building an in ground pool if neighbors ask. ... save funds from sale of finds ... and then buy the neighbors houses as they sell them at this elevation. (Especially the other 5 lots in the area that have this quartz outcrop) put up a privacy wall & video surveillance to keep people out, "Private no Trespassing" sign. ... I have a feeling you are going to end up in court / dealing with officals for a few reasons if "word spread". Another thing to keep in mind or would be an issue in this case would be the expected existance of a fairly large septic field or other disposal unknown at this time. .... Id hate to go looking for gold and tap into the sidewall of a huge flow of nasty. Obviously I would suggest scouting the surface and exposed areas of land for "signs of minerals" collect all of them and tarp them out if site. I would suggest nighttime walks to remove obvious interesting stone from ends of driveways / ditches.

If it is your septic , it can be located. They should be pumped out every few years and those pumping can usually locate them.
A drain field leaches into soil around it and stains should warn you before too near.,
Beware , I don't know what goes on in your locale, but there are eyes in the skies ( local zoning enforcement pot grow searches ,ect.)
Radar deflecting tarps/ camouflage are off the surplus market for a reason here....

A test dig can have a pet grave marker on it if soil scar shows after back filling , if nosy neighbors are suspicious.
A tent with no floor can allow some privacy,but only some.
A backyard pond should have a fence around it before digging to prevent stray children and pets from falling in the hole ,before and after water is involved.....

Be sure who holds the mineral rights ,and federal,state or province regulations , and how far away neighboring properties can dig below their neighbors before buying up the neighborhood!

OP
OP
N

NovaScotiaGold

Aug 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is your septic , it can be located. They should be pumped out every few years and those pumping can usually locate them.
A drain field leaches into soil around it and stains should warn you before too near.,
Beware , I don't know what goes on in your locale, but there are eyes in the skies ( local zoning enforcement pot grow searches ,ect.)
Radar deflecting tarps/ camouflage are off the surplus market for a reason here....

A test dig can have a pet grave marker on it if soil scar shows after back filling , if nosy neighbors are suspicious.
A tent with no floor can allow some privacy,but only some.
A backyard pond should have a fence around it before digging to prevent stray children and pets from falling in the hole ,before and after water is involved.....

Be sure who holds the mineral rights ,and federal,state or province regulations , and how far away neighboring properties can dig below their neighbors before buying up the neighborhood!

House is 40 years old, septic never serviced. I sense an issue lol. If I dig by the house I will hire a clean crew for sure before hand and dig it out.

Similar laws here regarding pools and ponds for fencing.

Met the guy who has mineral rights briefly at local event over the weekend. Seems like a solid guy. Not sure how that whole mineral rights thing works at this point ... on my "to do" for research as well as municipal provincial and federal regulations / laws.

Get the feeling the guy who has mineral rights is frustrated at community response to mining and wishes to do something productive.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
House is 40 years old, septic never serviced. I sense an issue lol. If I dig by the house I will hire a clean crew for sure before hand and dig it out.

Similar laws here regarding pools and ponds for fencing.

Met the guy who has mineral rights briefly at local event over the weekend. Seems like a solid guy. Not sure how that whole mineral rights thing works at this point ... on my "to do" for research as well as municipal provincial and federal regulations / laws.

Get the feeling the guy who has mineral rights is frustrated at community response to mining and wishes to do something productive.

A healthy septic system ejects water to the drainfield. Sludge accumulates in septic tank.
Kitchen grease is a killer on septic systems. Colored toilet paper and hair do not breakdown well ,with hair a lonnnng time to breakdown.

When tank is pumped ,there will be a witness line if grease is at play.
Who ever pumps tank will know how deep sludge is.

As long as tank is breaking stuff down without undigested matter going to drainfield you are good.

Having done too much related shovel work putting in new drainfields as a kid ,and later involving a fouled drainfield...I get tanks pumped when buying a home ,and a few years after. ( Due again here.)

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Consider this: collect a legitimate assay sample. If you did indeed hit the "big 'un", approach a large professional mining corporation and live high on your cut without anymore sweat dripping from your chin. ╦╦Ç

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions