Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Role play? You find a vein ... whats the battle plan?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Aug 2017
    20 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Role play? You find a vein ... whats the battle plan?

You did it! Pay dirt! An untapped vein!
    What do you do to extract / profit and secure your find?

How to stop a gold rush to your spot? Lets say its your private land or "crown land" for simplicity.

Private security and employees?
    Individual mining or with trusted friend / family?
    What would you do?
    Terry Soloman and TerryC like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Make America Great Again!

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Tesoro Cult Member & Overlord - Mojave; Vaquero; Lobo Super Traq; Tejon; Sand Shark - Minelab GPZ 7000
    14172 times
    Metal Detecting
    1) Keep your mouth shut. Don't tell your best friend, Mom, wife, husband - nobody.

2) Quietly mine and stockpile the raw gold for the next month.

3) If on private land, and after you have stockpiled for one month, approach the owner with a CONTRACT to split the recovered gold.

4) If on land owned by the government, say nothing to anyone. Set up game cameras and video cameras, and mine quietly as long as you can.

5) Selling your gold will be the difficult part. Sell small amounts to buyers in places at least 100-kilometers from you, and the mine. Have the gold made into jewelry pieces, "left to you by your Great-Great Grandfather from Australia, or the American Gold Rush." The jewelry will be much easier to sell, and you can pay the maker in gold.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ring1.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	1489121   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ring2.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	954.6 KB 
ID:	1489122   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ring3.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	1489123   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ring10.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	180.7 KB 
ID:	1489124   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ring11.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	378.9 KB 
ID:	1489125  

us
    Jul 2006
    Jefferson, Ga
    BH LRP 1265X, GoldBug II
    1200 times
    What Terry said. Make sure you aren't followed. If you are followed lead them astray.
    Marvin
    If ya can't afford a Texas Instruments machine, Borrow more money.

Beep, Beep.

us
    Just Another Old Guy

Feb 2008
    Grays Harbor in Washington state
    Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it
    972 times
    Prospecting
    I would first have to change my shorts a few times then;

1. Make sure you're legal to be there and file a claim. No sense in locating something and then having it taken away.

2. If it's rich enough then sweat quietly while you dig and tell no one. Write down the exact gps location so it doesn't become another legendary lost mine and also so you can be located in case something bad happens out there.

3. If it's to much to work by yourself or with a trusted friend, take samples to a known mining company and collect royalties while they do the dirty work.

4. Sit back and smile.
    I'm a drinker with a heavy prospecting problem and I'm out of dirt again

Nov 2013
    Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a Number 2 Shovel baby!
    1233 times
    And leave your cell phone at home.
    And never put the information on the web, especially this site, it does not use https
    Last edited by Prospector70; Aug 31, 2017 at 06:19 PM.
    NovaScotiaGold and Aufisher like this.

Jun 2017
    34 times
    Private land: Not willing to trespass.
    Public land: Explore the deposit thoroughly. Get assay(s) done. Research research research. Determine best course of action regarding claim status. Call up your brother and quietly pack out the hi-grade one or two days a week on hikes. Don't go telling everyone where its at but there is no need for excessive paranoia. It likely more work than 99.8% of the population are willing to go to anyway. Once you find that deposit the work has only begun to begin. Pray that you don't disturb anyone's recreation experience on our public lands and that one one bothers you. Keep your eyes and ears open and work discreetly.

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
    228 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Twobrothers View Post
    Private land: Not willing to trespass.
    Public land: Explore the deposit thoroughly. Get assay(s) done. Research research research. Determine best course of action regarding claim status. Call up your brother and quietly pack out the hi-grade one or two days a week on hikes. Don't go telling everyone where its at but there is no need for excessive paranoia. It likely more work than 99.8% of the population are willing to go to anyway. Once you find that deposit the work has only begun to begin. Pray that you don't disturb anyone's recreation experience on our public lands and that one one bothers you. Keep your eyes and ears open and work discreetly.
    By the way there is a Engineering / Survey firm in your State that can help you. Don't know if this one can find the link again however.
    NovaScotiaGold likes this.

Aug 2017
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Assembler View Post
    By the way there is a Engineering / Survey firm in your State that can help you. Don't know if this one can find the link again however.
    Been following this thread too ... thanks! Biggest peice of puzzle was old survey map from 1898. Listed "out cropping" & Mineral hit ... traced land for bore hole which I posted in other thread. I have point of intrusion in my opinion. Once I pull out more than:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170906_191149.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	1491574

Ill have to get all over that "tell nobody" part somehow ... wish me luck
    Nitric and Assembler like this.

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    228 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaScotiaGold View Post
    Been following this thread too ... thanks! Biggest peice of puzzle was old survey map from 1898. Listed "out cropping" & Mineral hit ... traced land for bore hole which I posted in other thread. I have point of intrusion in my opinion. Once I pull out more than:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170906_191149.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	1491574

Ill have to get all over that "tell nobody" part somehow ... wish me luck
    Yes this one has a hard time with the "Tell nobody" part as well.
    Any part of a "Survey" can tell a lot of information.

Charter Member

Nov 2012
    6241 times
    Banner Finds (3)
    If it's private land, to do it right will need to make a deal with the owner. I would not reveal the deposit, just tell them you want to prospect. But they may say no and go look for it themselves.

Government property, research the rules before you do anything.

Problem with just going for it, is that if anyone finds out, you can have your rear sued off for something you may or may not have found.
    Assembler and NovaScotiaGold like this.

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    228 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    If it's private land, to do it right will need to make a deal with the owner. I would not reveal the deposit, just tell them you want to prospect. But they may say no and go look for it themselves.

Government property, research the rules before you do anything.

Problem with just going for it, is that if anyone finds out, you can have your rear sued off for something you may or may not have found.
    Good information thanks for pointing out smokeythecat.

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    11022 times
    Vein? Not sure what that could possibly have to do with me , but good luck finding who ever you are after....Would be my non gold in hand reply.
    NovaScotiaGold and Assembler like this.

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    228 times
    Prospecting
    If one can find more information on the 'Surveys' this could help with the layout of the deposits on / in the ground. The deposits may be under only private 'Lands'.
    NovaScotiaGold likes this.

Aug 2017
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Assembler View Post
    If one can find more information on the 'Surveys' this could help with the layout of the deposits on / in the ground. The deposits may be under only private 'Lands'.
    Ok Ill show another card, and or explain what I mean by private land lol ... by private land I mean my own land ... I own it. (With mortgage) ... This section of quartz outcrop is / was zoned residential in the 70's we'll pretend... lol same hillside as a hypothetical original mine site, just a few kilometers down the road. Perhaps was supposed to be mine expansion late 1800's ... but they screwed the pooch with thier "urban planning" in the 1940's while the war was on and no one knew what anyone else was doing. An older guy may or may not have had good instincts and willed the land to a family member. (Being yourself)

Running off those assumptions I would guess I am apparently im not overly generous with info and would prefer to verify the find, if there were one and quietly mine it ... under the pretenses of building an in ground pool if neighbors ask. ... save funds from sale of finds ... and then buy the neighbors houses as they sell them at this elevation. (Especially the other 5 lots in the area that have this quartz outcrop) put up a privacy wall & video surveillance to keep people out, "Private no Trespassing" sign. ... I have a feeling you are going to end up in court / dealing with officals for a few reasons if "word spread". Another thing to keep in mind or would be an issue in this case would be the expected existance of a fairly large septic field or other disposal unknown at this time. .... Id hate to go looking for gold and tap into the sidewall of a huge flow of nasty. Obviously I would suggest scouting the surface and exposed areas of land for "signs of minerals" collect all of them and tarp them out of sight. I would suggest nighttime walks to remove obvious interesting stone from ends of driveways / ditches.
    Last edited by NovaScotiaGold; Sep 08, 2017 at 12:00 PM.
    Assembler and TerryC like this.

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    228 times
    Prospecting
    Hello
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads