Final field testing of modified Gold Hog Piglet! It's a battery powered beast now!

AU79 Prospector

Jun 25, 2017
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta AU Goldfinder
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We added more water and the piglet is running in beast mode now =) I am just hand classifying the biggest rocks but otherwise the extra water helps clear the other material out. We move lots of pay and find a bit of color =)

If you are curious, the bottom sluice extension hardly has any gold in it during my clean ups. Just a few specs. The top box has most of the gold as doc has always said. The extra water flow puts the sluice at near optimal conditions (gold hog mats love the extra water flow)

Next vid - I am planning to hit a secret spot with some bedrock and hopefully some bigger gold. I want another nugget! I am gunning for an outing where we can hit over a gram.

Thanks again for all your suggestions. This forum is invaluable.

Heavy pans!

If you are interested in subscribing to my youtube channel, click here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXs3GbinntAgeEV1YLHi9eQ/featured

Upvote 0

BobM

Feb 7, 2016
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job on dialing it in,
How much run time did you get on a full battery charge, and what pumps are you running?

Thanks Bob M

OP
OP
A

AU79 Prospector

Jun 25, 2017
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta AU Goldfinder
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I probably put about 3 hours Total Run time including digging (I disconnect the biggest pump when not actively running material to save battery life).

The main pump is a Rule 3700 mph pump. I have two smaller Tsunami 1200 gph pumps as well. I figure after the lift is taken into account, we are getting ~3500gph in the crash box which is what you need for this to work well and push the material out. This setup would drawn ~16-18 amps per hour. The big pump draws nearly 13 amps. To prolong run time/battery life, it makes sense to turn off the big pump, and store some material in buckets, then run it all vs letting the big pump drain battery life while doing anything other than run material.

I am working on getting a second battery so I can run them in parallel along with a battery voltage meter to keep a close eye on it. Don't want to kill my battery / draw it below 40% (It is a marine deep cycle battery but I would like this to last for years)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions