Solution To The California Dredging Ban

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what the last rally at the state capitol looked like... :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
brown_grass_at_California_state_capitol_-_Google_Search.png
what it should look like;
dont_tread_on_me.jpg

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello
Is there any "Lands" where "Dredging" can be carried on? If so where and why?

OP
OP
H

hawkeye39

May 12, 2013
Surprise, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI SL
Whites GMT
GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pick a day and place. Hundreds, thousands of dredgers descend on a stream and break the law in mass. Bank to bank dredges in the water. Banks lined with supporters blocking those who would ticket the dredgers. Block the roads. Clog the courts. Massive disobedience.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pick a day and place. Hundreds, thousands of dredgers descend on a stream and break the law in mass. Bank to bank dredges in the water. Banks lined with supporters blocking those who would ticket the dredgers. Block the roads. Clog the courts. Massive disobedience.
Interesting idea.

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting idea.

That's the way the lefties do it........ Met a claim owner up here who has 2 placer, 1 lode claims and he's been waiting and waiting for an answer to his mining proposal and can't get any answer whatsoever. He told me he's gonna mine it the way he proposed and deal with the fines and courts later..... Said he's flat out had it!

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

That's the way the lefties do it........ Met a claim owner up here who has 2 placer, 1 lode claims and he's been waiting and waiting for an answer to his mining proposal and can't get any answer whatsoever. He told me he's gonna mine it the way he proposed and deal with the fines and courts later..... Said he's flat out had it!

sorry for the double post............

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One Calif dredge miner dredged in protest....got his hand slapped by the judge and little else. Each miner can protest individually. Do a public posting that you are going to do it; then go dredge in protest individually. Might be a very interesting method that can't be handled by the authorities. Gee...maybe have coordinated dredge protest days...all over the State. That's a lot of places to go issue citations and would require a lot of effort (and cost) by the State. I don't know...just an idea. I know I have stated to myself all along I would dredge individually in protest. With the inet it is easy to put a notice out...Facebook might even be considered a public notice. Just a thought. I think about such things often!

Bejay

ClaimStake

Jul 27, 2015
Oroville CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2 (sold it)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
.... and place. Hundreds, thousands of dredgers descend on a stream....

not in one place the damage that would be left from so many people at once would make us look bad.

it would just need to be a lot of people all in one day. 'if' there's even enough miners to make an impact.

don't be a wimper in the dark, make a scream.

than afterwards someone with a lot of money would need to press charges for corruption by various statesmen.
for affixing a moratorium as a permanent law without a proper vote. effectively banning instream mining under an environmental guise based off pseudoscience.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one dredge 500 ft of hose and a bunch of people holding the same hose

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was thinking dredge miners just go dredge wherever they choose. The only organization would be to pick the same day. Each miner would have to post their intent to protest.....and I am not sure they would have to tell their location in a public notice. Maybe...maybe not. Let the State officials come find them scattered all over the huge state of Calif. The damage ClaimStake contends would not be damage....as each miner with a dredge would be doing the exact same dredging they used to do day in and day out....all over the state. If there were in water dates to protect fish that issue would be addressed as always. How many dredgers do you suppose exist in Calif? And if they were scattered all over the State protesting independent of each other (other than the date chosen to dredge) I simply don't see how everyone would be caught.
If I am not mistaken a precedent for a dredger dredging under protest has already been set by a court in Calif. If I recall correctly he was instructed not to protest that way again! I think many protesters protest things more than just once! Just me thinking again...as I often give thought to how I might go about doing things..."the activist that I am"!

Bejay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread