Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Prospecting Vehicle

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    3933 times
    looks great EXCEPT for the rig your child is riding in !! The exhaust is blowing right back at her and the noise would eventually be a big problem down the road! and I don't see any provision for any flex in the hitch for going over deep ruts and such!
    Asmbandits likes this.

Mar 2014
    NorCal
    Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
    1426 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    That pic was taken in the garage on the kick stand, just though it was cute and is the only picture I have of that trailer. I would never tow her behind come on russau have a little faith in me! Not sure what your referring to with the hitch, Ive tested both trailers successfully and had the sherpax on some very technical stuff on the Eagle lakes ohv trail near Truckee CA. Works like a charm so far!

Now looking at photos again I think I see what your referring to. Yes if you were in deep enough of a rut the trailer would bottom out on the sides, so I guess I better say out of the deep ruts!
    Last edited by Asmbandits; Sep 05, 2017 at 06:20 PM.
    mytimetoshine and russau like this.
    Come check out my California Mother lode Adventures!---->https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4U...aqFXriPUONmEtw

bug

Jun 2008
    Nor Cal
    123 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davin View Post
    hey bug, who is the make of that bike ? thanks
    Its a Bafang mid drive kit that I installed on a Kona mountain bike.
    Asmbandits likes this.

us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    ROCKING GOLD GRABBER MINI- BGT PROSPECTOR- ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- MILLER TABLE, MULTIPLE SUCKER TUBES, VARIOUS HAND TOOLS, PANS AND CLASSIFERS, FORS GOLD PLUS, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER- DIY ROD MILL
    2339 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmbandits View Post
    That pic was taken in the garage on the kick stand, just though it was cute and is the only picture I have of that trailer. I would never tow her behind come on russau have a little faith in me!
    LOL, I always tow my girl behind a dirtbike. Ah just giver her an IPAD, she will be fine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Asmbandits likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDoozah View Post
    The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.

us
    Oct 2008
    Fort Dick, Ca.
    742 times
    Thanks Asmbandits, I really appreciate you sharing you experience and wisdom with us. Hell, I can just see this older guy zooming down the dusty Forest Service roads with my trailer in tow. Ha Ha, make my day.

Now, off to work, ugh! Smokey as the dickens with all the fires around us.

Mike

Mar 2014
    NorCal
    1426 times
    Yeah I can imagine it must be really bad for you up that way. It was really bad down in the bay area last week, ive never seen it that bad before you would think there was buildings on fire in town nearby yet its from the multiple fires all around 100's of miles away..
    Come check out my California Mother lode Adventures!---->https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4U...aqFXriPUONmEtw

us
    Sep 2016
    Southern Arizona
    Fors for Gold +Whites GMT, Garrett ATX
    58 times
    I miss my Honda Elsinore, sold it about 1986. Not sure how rugged the country is where you live, but that would be hard to maneuver on many of the trails here. Fortunately my wife usually yells at me before I get in too much of jam.
    Au dave and Asmbandits like this.

Mar 2014
    NorCal
    1426 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bc5391 View Post
    I miss my Honda Elsinore, sold it about 1986. Not sure how rugged the country is where you live, but that would be hard to maneuver on many of the trails here. Fortunately my wife usually yells at me before I get in too much of jam.
    One of my first dirtbikes was a Honda MR175 Elsinore, what a sweet bike.. Had so much low end power for a 2 cycle and would climb anything!

us
    Mar 2013
    11 times
    Prospecting
    Nice setup Asmbandits, I went the Po Boy route and rebuilt a 50$ junked Baja 165... added missing trim, Predator 6hp engine, torque converter, and a custom trailer that doubled as the dredge/highbanker platform. Worked really well, except for deeper water crossings.. once that torque converter belt gets wet it will slip until the water flicks off.

This is a pic with everything loaded for a 2.5" dredge banker packed like a Jenga puzzle.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    7330 times
    Prospecting
    I'll just leave this here for now.

Name:  Prospecting_Chair.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  44.0 KB

The "older guys" will understand why.

Heavy Pans
    et1955, Asmbandits, davin and 2 others like this.

us
    Mar 2013
    11 times
    Prospecting
    No turret or cannon.... you could at least strap a SKS to the armrest!!!!
    Asmbandits likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links