Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Prospecting Vehicle

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2014
    NorCal
    Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
    1426 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Prospecting Vehicle

Hello all, I posted this on my journal thread but wanted to share with the crowd here as well. This is my Prospecting vehicle, a 86 Honda reflex trl200 trials bike towing a custom sherpax trailer. All ca plated with working lights, able to carry whatever I may need down some trails that you could only walk or ride a motorcycle down due to width. I added a lot to the trailer as they don't come with everything I have on mine. I upgraded my gps as well to a garmin inreach explorer that's tied to the phone via bluetooth that allows me to view all sorts of different map and data combos. The trailer will fit an entire 2" water pump inside with the lid closed!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9529.jpg 
Views:	509 
Size:	2.44 MB 
ID:	1489637Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9532.jpg 
Views:	524 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	1489638Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9539.JPG 
Views:	497 
Size:	3.82 MB 
ID:	1489639Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9544.jpg 
Views:	490 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	1489640Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P_20170807_162058_vHDR_Auto.jpg 
Views:	494 
Size:	3.94 MB 
ID:	1489641
    Come check out my California Mother lode Adventures!---->https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4U...aqFXriPUONmEtw

us
    Mike

Dec 2014
    Bodfish and Marin county CA
    Garrett , Whites keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
    620 times
    Drywashing , Sluicing , Panning
    Totally awesome -- and half the fun is going to be the ride. Had the same bike for a short time and sold to a friend for cheap.
    Also be careful what goes down must come up or vice versa.
    Asmbandits, Aufisher and scruggs like this.
    Stay thirsty my friends

Mar 2014
    NorCal
    1426 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodfish Mike View Post
    Totally awesome -- and half the fun is going to be the ride. Had the same bike for a short time and sold to a friend for cheap.
    Also be careful what goes down must come up or vice versa.
    The first time down was a bit scary, going down was actually harder and I was for sure over loaded but I made it in and out thankfully.. The trick is to keep the load as low as possible, if you start going high with the load it will wanna wobble., but with a normal load you can hardly feel it until you start hitting some serious hill climbs.
    Aufisher likes this.
    Come check out my California Mother lode Adventures!---->https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4U...aqFXriPUONmEtw

Charter Member
    us
    Make America Great Again!

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Tesoro Cult Member & Overlord - Mojave; Vaquero; Lobo Super Traq; Tejon; Sand Shark - Minelab GPZ 7000
    14172 times
    Metal Detecting
    Are you thinking about some sort of protection for your metal detector hung on the side? One thrown rock in the wrong place, or a limb catching it would probably ruin your day. I wish I had the money for a rig like that - Wow!

Mar 2014
    NorCal
    1426 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    Are you thinking about some sort of protection for your metal detector hung on the side? One thrown rock in the wrong place, or a limb catching it would probably ruin your day. I wish I had the money for a rig like that - Wow!
    Yeah I don't plan on leaving the detector there, just though it looked good and was better than the bar or pick axe or wood axe etc. I probably should have mentioned that originally. I tired to space the mounts to be as versatile as possible so I can carry most any two hand tool I think.. It is pretty pricy but I'm a motorcycle guy at heart and for the right person in the right situation it is worth every penny.

Charter Member

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 3660'
    1751 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    What he needs is a tooled leather two-peice fitted scabbard mounted vertically behind the seat like it was a rifle.

That'd be cooler than what he's got now, not that what he's got ain't cool enough already.
    "Some things are believed because they are demonstrably true, but a great many other things are believed simply because they are asserted repeatedly." - Thomas Sowell

us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    ROCKING GOLD GRABBER MINI- BGT PROSPECTOR- ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- MILLER TABLE, MULTIPLE SUCKER TUBES, VARIOUS HAND TOOLS, PANS AND CLASSIFERS, FORS GOLD PLUS, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER- DIY ROD MILL
    2339 times
    Thats pretty Cool man. Innovative! I dont recall ever seeing a trailer rig set up on a bike like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Aufisher, Asmbandits and scruggs like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDoozah View Post
    The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.

Make America Great Again

Apr 2013
    Oregon
    2697 times
    Watch out, California F&G wardens might consider that a "suction dredge"
    " A pessimist is an optimist with experience "

us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    ROCKING GOLD GRABBER MINI- BGT PROSPECTOR- ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- MILLER TABLE, MULTIPLE SUCKER TUBES, VARIOUS HAND TOOLS, PANS AND CLASSIFERS, FORS GOLD PLUS, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER- DIY ROD MILL
    2339 times
    Quote Originally Posted by winners58 View Post
    Ha!

Aufisher likes this.
    The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.

Charter Member
    us
    Ed Tracy

Jan 2015
    Shoreline,wa
    Bounty Hunter
    544 times
    Prospecting
    Very illegal in most places in my state where there is gold that is why I got an electric bike witch is legal, nice cargo carrier and set up.

us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    2339 times
    Quote Originally Posted by et1955 View Post
    Very illegal in most places in my state where there is gold that is why I got an electric bike witch is legal, nice cargo carrier and set up.
    is Tesla gonna build a dirtbike? Game changer lol

Mar 2014
    NorCal
    1426 times
    Quote Originally Posted by winners58 View Post
    That's funny right there!

Mar 2014
    NorCal
    1426 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mytimetoshine View Post
    Thats pretty Cool man. Innovative! I dont recall ever seeing a trailer rig set up on a bike like that.

There are three different companies using similar designs, Sherpa by kipmoto, motomule and there is one more I remember but don't recall there name. Sherpa in my opinion got it right, the other two aren't built for the ruff terrain. I had been researching this for a while, had planned to build my own but never got around to it. Someone skilled at metal fab could easily build one.
    mytimetoshine likes this.

Mar 2014
    NorCal
    1426 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckshot View Post
    What he needs is a tooled leather two-peice fitted scabbard mounted vertically behind the seat like it was a rifle.

That'd be cooler than what he's got now, not that what he's got ain't cool enough already.
    That would be really sweet for sure if you could make it work! The riding experience is so nice, no cargo bouncing you around on the bike. I was going to buy a rack made for the bike I had found and still might, just for some extra carrying ability if need be.

Im also adding a USB/12v combo outlet to the handlebars to charge the phone and gps and I can even charge my drone batteries this way. It just showed up in the mail today.

us
    Brian

Mar 2014
    Central Oregon Coast
    Whites GMT Garret fully underwater
    1555 times
    Prospecting
    The nice thing about a bike vs a quad is that a single lane trail is looked upon as OK by the Gov Agencies (less than 4 feet wide). A walking/hiking trail is considered OK and not frowned upon. (of course they don't like motorized...so the tracks can often tell a story). A quad leaves two lanes showing; and the agencies don't like quads (motor vehicles). Then, with the two track lanes the agencies measure and if over 4 ft wide they call it a road....and they frown upon people making roads on the public lands they administer. At least that has been my personal experience. Years ago I rigged my Honda 125 trail bike to have racks on the front and rear. I could carry my 3 inch dredge system on it and get down a old mule trail to my spot....about 3/4 of a mile. Nice to see you got something going along those lines.

Bejay
    Asmbandits, Clay Diggins and davin like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links