Craigslist: Gold Mine, Fully Permitted and Operational

M.E.G.

Apr 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://reno.craigslist.org/for/d/25-mil-gold-mine-fully/6256655945.html

The Ruby Mine is a fully permitted and equipped Gold Mine in the heart of Northern California's - Sierra County. Much of the mining infrastructure has been recently upgraded and updated, to facilitate immediate mining operations. This offering includes 25 unpatented mining claims totaling approximately 1,300 acres, plus approximately 435 Acres of patented - subsurface mineral rights (i.e. mineral rights 100' and deeper), and an extensive inventory of Personal Property, Equipment and Fixtures for operating the Ruby Mine.

The current owner's family have intermittently stayed involved in the operations of the Ruby Mine for almost 6 decades. They would like to pass the torch to a "well qualified" Buyer. Their low asking price of $2,500,000 CASH, for this fully operational and permitted Gold Mine that is ready to go, is evidence of both their motivation to sell and their desire to pass the torch quickly at a great price to allow a new Ruby Mine Operator to flourish. Past production is estimated at 200,000 oz. of gold. Geological studies have concluded that several miles of the gold-bearing Tertiary river channels buried in the property remain to be mined, while the quartz gold potential has only been touched. So the Ruby Mine is a highly attractive gold opportunity.

1,000 troy ounces of Gold Nuggets 3 oz. and larger which were pulled from the Ruby Mine in Sierra County are currently on display at the Museum of Natural History in Los Angeles. This 1,000 ounce gold nugget collection from the Ruby Mine is considered to be one of the most outstanding placer gold collections in the world.

In the 1890's New York's Tiffany & Company purchased 472 ounces of gold nuggets from the Ruby Mine in Sierra County to cast and carve a 20" tall solid gold vase (i.e. the Adam's Vase) for their Board Chairman Edward Dean Adams. The first vase was stolen before completion (i.e. after 18 months of casting and carving). So, another 472 ounces of gold nuggets were purchased from the Ruby Mine to cast a second vase. This second vase is on display at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City.

Complete list of APNs upon request. Please make inquiries directly to Listing Broker: Alan Savage

Upvote 0

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting read...

I have a dry oil well for sale. Any takers?

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We just need 2500 members with a $1000 each. I'm in.

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got 5 on it. Wait, might be good for 20, lemme go count my clad pile.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
We just need 2500 members with a $1000 each. I'm in.

Well, if things don't quite work out, I would hate to be the person that has to split 1 gram 2500 ways! It would be easier to eat the Gold, then some highly volatile beans, give them some time to work, then fart each person's share into their' pockets.

Frank

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anybody that buys that without drilling for samples is a damn fool. Only way to test it. I go crazy on the TV shows that don't test drill. Spend all that time and money and no gold? JUST DRILL!

Poudpapa2013

Mar 31, 2017
Boston, MA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Other
I have $1.27 I have detected thus far, plus a car
IMG_2052.JPG
that should should cover my $1,000.00 I am in!

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will volunteer to help for just a glimpse of a large nugget as long as my pockets are not checked at the end of each day.........You would get a lot of hard manual labor from me and I am dedicated and loyal.

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody that buys that without drilling for samples is a damn fool. Only way to test it. I go crazy on the TV shows that don't test drill. Spend all that time and money and no gold? JUST DRILL!

Sounds like a good fit for Todd Hoffman, anyone have his number to let him know?

ratled

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A very good mining friend ( now deceased) bought a similar mine in Oregon....not far from where Hoffman 1st started mining last season. It had original buildings and the original historic mining cabin/house on it. It had power running to and on the property. It was not a patented placer claim but it had extensive tunneling into the ancient placer deposits. It had been an active producing claim for over 100 years. Long story short: BLM did everything they could to run him off and put obstacles in his way........Huge reclamation bonds....always increasing. EMSHA that never let him run the equipment unless he upgraded all the safety issues, and when he did all that was asked of him they would raise his bond again and again. He went broke just trying to work the claim,

Today you will not see any buildings, nor workings or power. When he died he had spent his last cent having the reclamation done...and he never did any of the mining work. The gold is in the ground but getting it out is the problem today.

Bejay

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A very good mining friend ( now deceased) bought a similar mine in Oregon....not far from where Hoffman 1st started mining last season. It had original buildings and the original historic mining cabin/house on it. It had power running to and on the property. It was not a patented placer claim but it had extensive tunneling into the ancient placer deposits. It had been an active producing claim for over 100 years. Long story short: BLM did everything they could to run him off and put obstacles in his way........Huge reclamation bonds....always increasing. EMSHA that never let him run the equipment unless he upgraded all the safety issues, and when he did all that was asked of him they would raise his bond again and again. He went broke just trying to work the claim,

Today you will not see any buildings, nor workings or power. When he died he had spent his last cent having the reclamation done...and he never did any of the mining work. The gold is in the ground but getting it out is the problem today.

Bejay
How sad the guy had to spend and spend to the point of going broke. Maybe a engineering firm could have helped?

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's a nice property in great gold country, wanna trade a sailboat for it?

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a 1951 Ford 8N tractor with a 8" auger that will go 48" deep. Hey its a start! Just do like the Mollie Kathleen in Cripple Creek. People come to tour the mine and pay for the privilege. They sell samples in a gift shop. It has been a tourist attraction for a long time now.

Gold Mine Tour

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If your tour is 1/4 as cool as the Molly Kathleen, you'll be set for life!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread