Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: how do I file a claim on private land in California? Clay, John O.?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2011
    Bakersfield, CA
    76 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Diggins View Post
    Lots of opinions here. Why not look it up rather than depend on other peoples ideas of how it should work? The law itself is the best guide.

Heavy Pans
    Provided the land was sold under that specific act you referenced. From what I've seen on patents in the area, the Mojave was privatized under a lot of different authorities. But that would make a neat map! Haha, hint hint!
    winners58 likes this.
    -Robert

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    7331 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertF View Post
    Provided the land was sold under that specific act you referenced. From what I've seen on patents in the area, the Mojave was privatized under a lot of different authorities. But that would make a neat map! Haha, hint hint!
    I had no idea that Randy was looking in the Mohave. It really doesn't matter that was just an example of the laws governing locations on split estates. There are more than 50 types of patents each with their own rights and restrictions. Without knowing a specific location anything but an example would be just speculation. Keep looking and you will find more.

I research patents and subsurface mineral status a lot in my business, it's really a lot of work to track this stuff down so I've developed tools to make it quicker and easier. Hopefully someday I can develop those tools for public use.

The Land Matters California Mining Claims map already has direct links to the Mineral Patents right from the map. If the imagined deposit is on a mineral patent there is no chance of ever mining it without making a deal with the landowner. Doing so in the Mohave or Southern California reserves is a virtual impossibility. In that region it might be more profitable to buy an old mining patent and pretend to mine while making up a pretend miners group company like Joe did.

Land Matters is developing both a patents map layer and subsurface status map layer to encompass all 31 of the public land states. All patents will be on those map layers, not just mineral patents. That's a boatload of work but with enough support it could happen in the next year. There are more than 6 million patents to map. In the meantime we get by with what we have and will be slowly introducing mineral patents to the 11 western mining states maps. Right now it's just Arizona and California but if there is real interest in adding more states we can put our energy there. Just need our users to let us know what they want.

Heavy Pans
    Last edited by Clay Diggins; Sep 10, 2017 at 11:13 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links