Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
World Banks

Hello
The World Banks maybe playing with the price some now. However see a gradual increase as currencies loose spending power.

OP
OP
GA_Boy

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello
The World Banks maybe playing with the price some now. However see a gradual increase as currencies loose spending power.
Right, and I also read where the major banks were buying up gold bullion. That doesn't bode well for the Dollar IMO.
Marvin

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello
The World Banks maybe????? playing with the price some now. However see a gradual increase as currencies loose spending power.

They have been for sometime now, especially strong the last 8 years.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will continually rise in price...it's what it has always done over time...thete will bee big jumps and big drops...but take a step back and close one eye a little bit and you will see it is always going up

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Will the "Dollar" come close to no value / spending power soon?

OP
OP
GA_Boy

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Some say paper currency will mostly go the way of the DOO DOO Bird and we will use only electronics in our phones or a CHIP under our skin.:laughing7: Wife says "No darn chip in me".
Being old I can't worry about it but I sure feel sorry for the younger generation.
Marvin

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Glad I sold my last ounce for $1900 in 2011, looking forward to selling my next ounce when it hits $1900 again. Maybe in about 5-10 years is my guess

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

It already has if you look at it in historical terms...it just creeped up on you so you didn't notice.

Will there be a big drop in value soon? No. But over time, inflation is a serious form of taxation.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a tough one for me....I really don't know enough about how it all works. But....I do know it has really been pushed hard for about 9 years or so. Kind of makes me wonder what happens when some of the hoarders have to sell off or someone big dumps.

Most people would not believe how much Gold is actually out there! About 9 years ago it was coming out of the woodwork!! I would never have believed there is that much gold out there and some of the hoards that people have!!!! And these are small guys in the scheme of things. I can't afford enough gold to make any real difference. That's a game for people with money!:laughing7: Depends on how you buy and sell your Gold too...Fees, premiums, it really has to go up a lot just to break even.

There are so many people in the push now. Then there is the whole paper thing, that I really don't understand and i quit trying to understand. Over long term it goes up. On the other hand? I don't see money recovering to the point that it was. not for a long time!

Who knows...Just my thought...I know doesn't help much!:laughing7: I knew a guy that could predict it really well, I really wish I would have learned more from him!!

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It already has if you look at it in historical terms...it just creeped up on you so you didn't notice.

Will there be a big drop in value soon? No. But over time, inflation is a serious form of taxation.
Yes it has been going on for a long time. For example one can take a 1947 quarter that bought more then a gallon of gas at the time still the same quarter buys a gallon of gas today.
Shows the spending power of a silver coin compared to a "Bank Note paper".

Actionman

Dec 21, 2013
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Minelab Excalbur 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All I can say is I wish I invested in bitcoin when they where first "mined". But that almost fell apart too.

n01d3x

Apr 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Compared to fiat, yes it will continue to go up over time. Though in reality I don't think gold has gone up or down in value except when it's fiat equivalence was regulated. It's fiat that goes up and down. Mostly down. It's not too late to invest in bitcoin. McAfee belives it will go to 10k soon. Also check out bitcoin cash. A lot of the crypto scene are behind it and it makes more sense. Ethereum is also worth a look.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread