Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
Well not what I would use but --- OK so my neighbor's mom is visiting from Hawaii and we got to talking and I thought I would show her some gold I had in a pan.
She was eating a turkey avo swiss sandwich with loads of mayonnaise (looked real good) All of a sudden she stuck her finger into the pan and swirled it around I was at a loss as what to say or do as some gold stuck to her finger. I think I lost about .2 of a gram.
So be careful when you show your gold. I didn't have the heart to call her out on it as she is a nice person.

Hope this makes you smile or laugh then it will be worth the .2 gram.
Mike

Upvote 0

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha...That reminds me of one of the first pocket watches I restored. I was so proud of the thing even though it's not really worth anything.

Took it to show Grandpa......Out comes the pocket knife to open it up!!!:BangHead: Slip........, and scratch across the movement when he pried the back open.

Stuff like this happens in slow motion too! Almost, like you know exactly what is going to happen before it does :laughing7: Then, you just keep the fake smile till they are out of the room!:laughing7:

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
That reminds me of when a buddy from work brought in some nice nuggets he had found years earlier. He handed a guy a nug to check out and the guy accidentally broke it in half.. i was speechless

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Mayonnaise and Gold sandwiches, hmmmm, never tried them.:icon_scratch: If they are as good as mayonnaise and tomato sandwiches with salt & pepper on them, then I am in.:laughing7:

Frank

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Add burlap and hold on!

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am from hawaii and love mayo so be carefull with your gold. lol. lol. lol.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You know the saying...Mayo all that glitters be gold! :headbang:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me begin with saying that I must first apologize for my post here;.........Gold Finger?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions