Where would you mine on my claim and why ?

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a secret map, it is only visible if you believe. Don't you see it? :)

OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here it is my claim.jpg

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey that's pretty close to where I'll
Be hunting this weekend

OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Will you be on a New 49's claim, my claim is between there K19A and K20

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
With a Bend that big, you are looking at a lot of historical material flow. Depending on when the best gold was moving in the river, there could be hot spots almost anywhere in that pic. Lucky you!

That said, I would definitely try the line of q-x-4-13-22 on my first visit. At looks like a line which is only affected in big water and is likely hard packed since it's resisting erosion from what I can see.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#6 oh wait there's no 6, between y & 5 looks like the water in the split channel was farther inland than it is now.
using the slider in google earth between 2005 and 2009 it really changed

there was a new49'ers video I saw the other day of the layers to look for.
https://youtu.be/Bbve5hp92-E

Last edited:

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd be mining underwater to bedrock. Find a crevice in the bedrock. The crevice will have the most gold. I have the same kind of claim on the Arkansas river.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I would start looking by N and O first.

Then head over to 16.

Next between 23 and 28.

Then down to 25 and 26.

The 17 and 18.

Back over to V.

Then investigate for probable areas between the square of A B K J.

Likely just run my GPZ over everything from 4 5 27 triangle, and maybe look further if found anything.

That is what I would start with on land. Can you use machinery. If working it alone then not spend more than three days prospecting each spot, get your numbers and figure out what you going to chew up first and last.

Water; do not know what you laws are there. But I would deal with the water last, however I have only been hobby dredging with a 4 inch for the past 13 years and that has only been at best 6 weeks a year and worst 3 weeks a year.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Why not just grid the claim and start sampling? That's what professional miners do and it really does work. :thumbsup:

If that sounds like more work than you want to do I'd go with okbasspro. Dredge it and if Dave and his gang give you any grief use one from his playbook and shoot them a moon from your dredge. :laughing7:

Heavy Pans

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might as well start in the river to the left of l where the boulder is sticking up out of the water. Run up along both sides of the boulder and see what you come up with. That looks like a claim choked with tailings below the bend. Then, if there's 3 or 4 ounces right there at the boulder, I would sample the whole thing. If there's an ounce or less, sell it because it's been worked out.

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lots of issues to contend with. Are there "pay layers" as well as "pay streaks"....often there are episodes of "gold depositions" as opposed to other times. What was the water flow that moved the most gold in "Geologic Time". The size of boulders in the gravel deposits indicates major water movement; and the depth and angle of the bedrock indicates potential gold "flow" deposition. The iron staining within the gravels indicates "old vs new" deposition. Lots of potential indicators of "better vs not so good". One would say "drill baby drill" or trench across the claim from the outer edge to the inner edge and test a lateral line across the claim for the best gold deposition.....(14 to 7) Most importantly you ask the question: "where should I mine". The term mine has a lot of latitude....as to what kind of mining do you intend to do? I believe the mode of mining is the most important question to answer the question of "where should I begin mining"? I am willing to offer a more complete answer if I knew the method you wanted to use.

Bejay

Last edited:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sample pan.... quick and dirty.... the whole claim. WRITE IT DOWN IN A LOG so you don't have to commit to memory. Be honest with the results. ╦╦Ç

Last edited:

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
An old timer taught me a method to search for pocket gold...but it should work well as a means of ascertaining your best spots. You take a short handled shovel (1/2 length). Dig down the depth of the shovel. Take a quantified sample (qt jar) of classified material at the bottom of your hole. Label it according to your numbered spot and zippy bag it. Take all the samples back to where you can pan each one out....down to the fines and black sand/(gold if in the pan). Weigh each end result....and correlate it to your numbered spot. When done a pattern of heavies should show up per your map. Follow that pattern where it is showing the heaviest concentration of heavies.

Bejay

Last edited:

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I though x marks the spot , lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread