I love my Gold Cube. Just for fun.

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was GREEN and had the FEVER real bad, I bought
a bunch of stupid stuff. USELESS stuff.. Somehow in my foggy cloud of GOLD FEVER, my
biggest dollar purchase happened to be a Gold Cube, a Tall stack..

The only thing that aggravates me about the Gold Cube is that I bought the Tall stack..

Its been a few years since I've run the lower trays by themselves, just to see what was in them.. I usually toss
that back in with the panning tubs. The tubs get a lot of gold.. You know, do a small sample, a few pieces, not
worth separating, so toss it in the tub, get it later.. Get the whole pan Squeeky clean, and ONE piece falls
down.. Too bad for that piece, she goes in the tub. So for a few years, not sure exactly what has been in those
lower trays...

Been about 5 months.. Maybe 3/4 of a yard of classified material. 3/4 yard may not sound like much, but its HARD digging.

Here is the 2 buckets of classified I ran the other day.. 50-80 on the left, 20-50 on the right... Just the top tray. So its not like I'm running
dead dirt through it... Good stuff in the -80 also, but not as exciting, so that goes on the side for days when the FEVER hits hard and
I can't get out.

36262826013_a5f608ac16_c.jpg

And here is the clean up from the bottom trays for the past 5 months... That's it.
That's pathetic. That is ALL that made it to the bottom trays...

36311388343_03f7544f52_c.jpg

Just thought I'd share.. I thought I loved my Gold Cube, I love it even more now. I doubt I'll waste my time again..
I'll just do what I was doing and toss it in when cleaning the panning tubs. Makes me happy though... That CUBE catches
EVERYTHING...

For example.. Can you see it??? ... No.. No.. Those are reflections.. And that's a match head... There are over 200 pieces of
-250 in the crease of that pan. Smaller than the human eye can see, and the Gold Cube caught 'em, in the first tray. Smaller
than my cell phone can take a pic of.

32992773373_534baf0697_c.jpg

On one hand I was hoping to find MORE in the bottom trays (you know... GOLD and all)... On the other hand, I'm
absolutely thrilled that the cube is catching it all RIGHT AT THE TOP... It's only been a few times that I've
ever seen anything visible more than 7 rows down.. That cube is awesome. Pump sucks, I'm on #5 I think,
don't let it sit in the tub.

34626124033_bb18dae886_c.jpg

Upvote 0

Frghtshkr

Apr 23, 2013
Gilbert AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Cube, Royal Mini Highbanker, Angus Mackirk sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wish I could figure mine out. Followed all the directions and still have to use my Mini Highbanker to get the small stuff

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Are you saying you rerun the gold cube cons through the mini or what? Are you screen classifying the GC cons to like sizes or just panning what ever it catches? It is best to pan plus 30 mesh, minus 30 plus 50 mesh, minus 50 plus 100 mesh and minus 100 mesh separately. That will make your recovery efforts much easier and productive. When working with the smaller mesh sized material it is also best to pan in small quantities even down to about a tablespoon at a time.

Good luck.

OP
OP
bobw53

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could figure mine out. Followed all the directions and still have to use my Mini Highbanker to get the small stuff

More clarification, because, seriously, all you have to do is classify your dirt to -8(.125), though the desert fox gold cube trommel classifies
to 3/16" and I find that to be fine also.. If you are only doing a small sample I find 1/4" works also, but not if you are running a ton of dirt.

Then plug in the pump, make sure the air bubbles are gone.. Some say to use a brush, a drop of jet dry and let it run for a few minutes seems
to work well also.. First scoop or 2 of dirt and they seem to go away right quick anyways... So sometimes, if I'm in a hurry I'll prime it
with a few scoops of whatever is laying around.

It catches EVERYTHING.. Though some say its not great at catching wirey gold.. But how often do you run into that????

Remember.... its a concentration device, once you are concentrated, you still have to clean it up...

And it does catch the TINY stuff. Top tray, every time.

19901564351_874fc79d8c_c.jpg

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Like russia said, too much water OR maybe feeding the material too fast.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Thought you might like this....................
This is from a cleanup from a couple months collection of concentrates of a friend of mine that I helped out with his cleanup using my gold cube.
I added deep V mat to the slick plate..... Figured why not put that area to work too.

fullsizeoutput_178.jpeg fullsizeoutput_17c.jpeg

Last edited:

desert-rat

Nov 15, 2015
western arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love mine for the same reason. That thing does an awesome job of cleaning up the powdered rock I run thru it. Using it to recover gold from hard rock sample. I've never found a loss of more than 1-3%.EVER!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread