Gold Prospecting on Bedrock - Video

AU79 Prospector

Jun 25, 2017
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta AU Goldfinder
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In this video we are in search of a new area to deploy our modified Gold Hog Piglet. We spent a long time searching and finally found a great area with lots of bedrock! We extensively test panned the area, and the findings are promising!

Next video, we will break out out Piglet and hopefully get over 1 gram! (That has been my season goal for a trip). I think we are close!

Thanks again for all your suggestions.

Heavy pans!

If you are interested in subscribing to my youtube channel, click here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXs3GbinntAgeEV1YLHi9eQ/featured

Last edited:
Upvote 0

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow... I cant stand to watch people pan holding it straight up sideways like that, he just dumped all the gold out, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

take a little more time at the end, you'll see more gold

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AU79 Prospector

Jun 25, 2017
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta AU Goldfinder
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Holy cow... I cant stand to watch people pan holding it straight up sideways like that, he just dumped all the gold out, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

How one pans should be directly related to the end goal. I clearly state I am speed panning (I was trying to test a large area and cover max ground.) i 100% lost some gold. But the fact I retained those tiny specs shows this technique does have merit. When I pan my cons, you better believe I go MUCH slower, and repan my tailings :)

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other

Well in his defense he did say he was going to speed pan -- way to steep for me though.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How one pans should be directly related to the end goal. I clearly state I am speed panning (I was trying to test a large area and cover max ground.) i 100% lost some gold. But the fact I retained those tiny specs shows this technique does have merit. When I pan my cons, you better believe I go MUCH slower, and repan my tailings :)

Oh, it's not just you it's all the other yahoos when I watch videos of people panning.
the only ones I've been OK watching and not cringe are Doc and Reed they got it down... :laughing7:

OP
OP
A

AU79 Prospector

Jun 25, 2017
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta AU Goldfinder
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh, it's not just you it's all the other yahoos when I watch videos of people panning.
the only ones I've been OK watching and not cringe are Doc and Reed they got it down... :laughing7:

Well, in the end, I don't post these videos for a "pat on the back". I appreciate any constructive criticism. Next time when I get towards the end, even if speed panning, I will try to slow it down a bit and make the angle less steep to get a more accurate test results .

I'm a gold prospecting novice compared to some of you seasoned vets, so thanks for any and all feedback!

OP
OP
A

AU79 Prospector

Jun 25, 2017
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta AU Goldfinder
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The blue pan I used at the end was brand new and definitely needs some seasoning. I used it not so much to pan but to offer more visual contrast versus green for the final gold shot. The green Garrett supersluice used elsewhere is very seasoned though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread