First timer

Jigginjim

Sep 15, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Played around in trough of Big Thunder mine in Keystone, SD. As I was panning for a picker or a flack, a guy came along and said I was trying to get hold of the gold dust on my pan. Had several small flacks and couple tiny pickers. But had fun, now I wiuld like to do more but my home state of Minnesota is not known for gold panning. I fid buy a Garrett pan with a bag of pay dirt for when I get home to play around have. Hope to see if I can start another hobby.

Upvote 0

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jigginjim, dont know much about minnesota and gold but wish you the best of luck. i am sure someone else will chime in.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Dig deep and you shall find................Study everything you can about Glacial gold and Glacial drifts. Lots of other minerals came down as well!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post Jigginjim - so, Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Minnesota for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome! I heard the Dakotas are known for fine gold but LOTS of it. Good luck. ╦╦Ç

OP
OP
J

Jigginjim

Sep 15, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, I looked into the chance of doing a little panning while in the Black hills. Most looked to be claimed areas, don't need to get caught up in a claim jumping case, so I stuck to fishing. I may just look for old creek beds in Minnesota to see if anything pops. What is the chance the pay-dirt buckets you get on-line will have anything but used sand?

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you, I looked into the chance of doing a little panning while in the Black hills. Most looked to be claimed areas, don't need to get caught up in a claim jumping case, so I stuck to fishing. I may just look for old creek beds in Minnesota to see if anything pops. What is the chance the pay-dirt buckets you get on-line will have anything but used sand?
Cody. His name is Cody. He posts here as Kuger. His pay dirt is LOADED.... and he is one of us. Check him out. ╦╦Ç

Silversurfer79

Dec 24, 2013
Southern, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's here in Minnesota! Little hard to find but I find it. There has to be a good streak somewhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread