Searching for a pay streak, where would you dig?

arthos

Jun 16, 2017
Suprise, AZ
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Gold Trap; Explorer. Garrett Gold Pans. Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Taking a great idea from ET1955 which I really found cool. Where would you start your search on this bit of land? I'm limited to hand tools and sluice at this location.

I was thinking of looking for a line at 9b-8a-7Z-7Y area. And on the next bend at 13J-14I-14H.
prospecting.jpg

Upvote 0

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's the way I remember it also Jim???? Old and tired but I also remember the "old days" of dirt (Maico, Bultaco, Greeves, CZ's, etc. etc.)..... Saw Roger Decoster race, Hodaka Ace 90 was my 1st bike at age 11 and been riding ever since but less now. Currently have one very slow Honda CRF230 for dirt and 3 Harleys....'39, '54, '83.

Sorry to get off track....

I'd also prospect your areas where the old stream flowed in all the usual spots plus a few unusual spots....???? Where I've been scratching is glacier stuff that's been dropped so a guy can find the stuff about anywhere, a pocket here, a pocket there..... Good luck and enjoy your claim, wished I had one!!!!
Yeah, My memory is shot. After I got thinking about it, it wasn't the Elsinore that could outrun me...they weren't out yet. It was that Suzuki Cyclone 400. Fortunately, they didn't handle very well.
On the prospecting...looks like Arthos is doing pretty well. He may really clean up if he hits a paystreak.
Jim

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No doubt. That's as deep as i was willing to go, and even that was a bit much considering i had to put my head in the bottom to scrape rock joints to get any material to run.
Sometimes when I dig a hole that deep I feel like I'm digging my own grave.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depth isn't the concern...the widow makers caught my eye

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As deep holes go up there, this one is medium/small.

Some are better described as a basement. I looked in one and most of the "ceiling" was one rock.

Don't go against policy, stay out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For every foot down I try to widen out by 4 feet. I just abandoned a great hole because I couldn't widen it out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread