IMG_2720.JPG
    768.1 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 0

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always wonder about what goes on east of the Rockies.
What type of mining were you doing? Sluicing, dredging, panning, ect.?

How much material did you process?
Did this come off a mining claim?
Are there others mining nearby?

Just curious.

OP
OP
M

Medina Joe

Jul 4, 2014
Medina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just messing around. I used a 5 gallon bucket with 3 classifiers. My set up was a 1/4 inch mesh, 1/8 inch,1/100 inch classifiers. Got set up on a sand bar in the middle of the river. I only dug down about 8 inches filled up the bucket 1/4 of the way. Forgot my beer at the cabin. Did a couple of shot with friends & family. Forget I was gold prospecting. 2 hours later walked down to get my stuff. Left Sunday and finished my cons on my miller table.

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most sandpits from glaciated deposits and ancient lake shore processes up here have small amounts of gold in them. Personally there is a sand pit on the family farm that I looked into and found a tiny speck before. The effort though isn't worth the time for me (as I don't have a sluice or dredge), but other places in Indiana (think it's a Jellystone Camping park(remember those?)) there is a creek where they allow panning and the like from glaciated deposits. Dunno about you though Medina Joe. Good stuff, gives you the fever doesn't it?.

OP
OP
M

Medina Joe

Jul 4, 2014
Medina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drive pass a Jellystone park on I-80. We have a house just outside Sturgis MI. Our property is a old sand mill & Indian land. Everything is sand up there. It's only the 2nd time I have been out this year. I'll be back up this weekend. I need to cut down a 100ft pine right next to the house.

Attachments

• image1 (3)tree.jpg
    image1 (3)tree.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just messing around. I used a 5 gallon bucket with 3 classifiers. My set up was a 1/4 inch mesh, 1/8 inch,1/100 inch classifiers. Got set up on a sand bar in the middle of the river. I only dug down about 8 inches filled up the bucket 1/4 of the way. Forgot my beer at the cabin. Did a couple of shot with friends & family. Forget I was gold prospecting. 2 hours later walked down to get my stuff. Left Sunday and finished my cons on my miller table.

Only a 1/4 bucket then off to drink beer and do shots! At least your honest.

I was thinking you were going to tell me that it was a group effort and that you ran a high banker all day for 2 days.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Personally I LOVE this story!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigander gold! Had a good time to boot. Winning!. Your take is actually pretty good considering.. might have to look into processing more material. #Goldcube

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Medina Joe

Jul 4, 2014
Medina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll try to get more cons Saturday after the tree cutting party.....have a great weekend

OP
OP
M

Medina Joe

Jul 4, 2014
Medina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well drinking was part of the equation. Whiskey caused a 3am drunken crazy ATV ride through the woods. To wake up with pounding headache. Chainsaw worked great for headaches. But you man up and get the job done. IMG_2721.JPG

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread