Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Time to start thinking about next year.... What are your goals for next year?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2012
    Tujunga, CA
    Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
    937 times
    Prospecting
    Wow! Next year so soon.

Let me think. ?? New Year's Day high in my home town watershed. Sorry if you're in a northern climate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us
    Jun 2017
    Virginia
    Nokta AU Goldfinder
    169 times
    Prospecting
    New Years Goals - More gold and more fun than 2017. Would also maybe love to experiment with a battery powered trommel to try something different

Charter Member
    SITE BRAVO DETAINEE

Dec 2012
    8771 times
    Metal Detecting
    to find ten pounds of 22k gold on the Mass beach in May ( or a wealthy supermodel who adores me)
    WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING A SNOWFLAKE? SNOWFLAKES MAKE THE WORLD PRETTIER

if it flies, it dies

Jan 2015
    shasta county
    sdc 2300 nokta fors gold+
    652 times
    ducks, bucks and gold
    Quote Originally Posted by mike(swWash) View Post
    We're pretty much done for the year here. The heavy rainy and windy season starts Weds.
    Time to start re-running my cons, make new equipment and plan for next year.

My list:
    1. Build the quad jet eductor for Lycofs new dredge...it's going to be epic strong.
    2. Make a new abs 10'x12" 3 section, back pack-able, nesting sluice box for dredging season.
    3. Making a self feeder for heavy, black beach sand for above sluice for the winter season.
    4. Order new Gold Hog mats for both setup's to put in said new sluice.
    5. Finding much gold in both above listed setups.
    6. Look at and test some claims in Idaho to find the perfect one to call my own.
    7. Find enough time to do all the above.

Good luck all
    Mike
    the rainy season unlocks a lot of areas that are harder to mine in summer. in nor cal any ways. pm me when you see a river of ducks heading south, please. i would greatly appreciate it.
    got the fever? dont scratch the itch.

us
    Apr 2014
    SW Oregon
    204 times
    Prospecting
    ...next year....middle of trimming season around these parts now so I'll wait to ponder plans for next year around,,,,eh,,next year, HA!
    Ditto on the wetsuit heater and also gotta hook up an underwater speaker system. Gotta make a new shaker/grizzly for the wash plant soon as I spend less a month then I make, dang it!
    Speaking of underwater music any of you try "Spotify.com" to listen to free music? Laptop/wifi/12v battery with a power adapter/and about a thirty foot speaker wire and good to go.
    Last edited by mendoAu; Nov 05, 2017 at 03:27 AM. Reason: add stuff

us
    Oct 2015
    Northern Nevada
    Garrett ATX
    184 times
    Prospecting
    Hitting new areas in Rye Patch.

Sections 08 and 18 have been good but heading higher to prospect the hills around Mt. Majuba.

Mar 2016
    162 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    (1) Stay alive
    (2) Get the hell out of Florida
    (3) Stop being helpful to the wrong people
    (4) Get gold
    N-Lionberger and Hickory Joe like this.

us
    Mine President, XPBC

Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Rocker boxes, Keene sluices, Bazooka sluice, 2.5", 4" lowbankers, highbankers. Witch Sticks.
    352 times
    Prospecting
    After hurting myself again recovering my mercury remediation machine before winter I think I am going to take a break from that next year and focus on some serious high banking. Last year I fractured my tibia, this year I did something horribly painful to my upper arm and my back isn't too happy either, upgrading to 6" isn't in the cards lol.
    Clay Diggins likes this.

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    3998 times
    Welcome to the "club"!! It's been 3 years now that I've been out because of this or that myself! BUT next Summer I'm going to give it one more try in Wyoming!

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    2047 times
    Prospecting
    I'm going to try to wear out my new drywasher! One or more sessions per week as long as soil conditions are right and exploration and sampling when they are not.
    Last edited by arizau; Nov 06, 2017 at 04:54 PM.
    Clay Diggins likes this.
    If it can't be grown, it must be mined!

Aug 2015
    638 times
    I'll be building the 3" Redneck gravity dredge for use in meat creek. Hoping to aquire a wet suit So I can get deep. I'm also going to be checking out the higher reaches of the claim in search of the source gold.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using TreasureNet.com mobile app
    Clay Diggins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Chronic Patriot/Metal Detecting,it`s My Lifestyle !

Jul 2010
    "Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territory of The Six Nations 1779.. now in Catlin N.Y.
    XP Deus, T2 LTD Land or Sea Pointer Garrett Pointer Treasure Wise Diggers T10",T12" & T14" Lesche 28" Ground shark
    4220 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Hope i don`t have to wear Depends in 2018 !
    cooper1841 and Hickory Joe like this.
    I`v been detecting for 48 years owned my own detector shop G.A.P. Metal Detectors here in N.Y.
    See my old adds in Western & Eastern Treasures and Lost Treasure Magazines through the 90s
    I hunt the Sullivan Trail here in N.Y.
    "Success is just Rented, Never Owned and the Rent is due Daily"
    "Its the Golden Rule who ever has the Gold Rules"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqdSl2jFjlE

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2012
    Tujunga, CA
    Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
    937 times
    Prospecting
    I've got too many "prospects" so achieving some focus is probably in order. There are more than a dozen spots in five or six areas that I'd like to explore/invest time in.

I'll break it down by distance.

Five miles from home, the wash can produce a couple bucks a day once I'm in a paystreak. Gave up a few years ago looking for more and bigger gold. Not many pickers out there. Someone even suggested the La Tuna Cyn area. No sure about that.

Twenty miles. Upper canyon gold is bigger, courser and harder to find. Seasonal water makes it difficult to work most of the year. But the potential is there for stream,high bank, and even hard rock prospects. Exploring multiple strategies, wet and dry. This radius also includes points north of me in other watersheds.

Forty miles. The obvious, popular gold bearing river in so cal. Many miles of prospects. I currently have an area of interest close to parking. Also would like to hike up at least to the flats. And also explore some high bank areas. Again points north also fall in this radius.

Just beyond in the sixty-90 mile range brings Kern river, Lytle creek/ Mohave river, Piru or desert areas like Randsburg , Barstow or Palm Springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 2017
    Utah
    30 times
    Prospecting
    Investigate some new areas locally
    learn a bunch more about gold prospecting
    hook up with local club
    Stinky Pete

us
    Nov 2017
    El Dorado County, CA
    21 times
    Prospecting
    Like some of the others, I didnít get out near as much as I wanted this year, so I got a TON of catching up to do for next year.

Right now Iím reading and asking as many question about detecting as possible. My primary goal for next year - get up to speed as fast as I can to do some high Sierra detecting. Those ancient river channels have been calling my name for way too long and itís time for me to do something about it. I realize itís one of the hardest forms of detecting, but I got to learn sometime.

I also want to meet some new fellow prospectors to detect with in my area (El Dorado County). None of my panning buddies are willing to take the plunge into detecting with me. Iím tempted to go out solo, but I know thatís not always a good idea out in the boondocks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links