Time to start thinking about next year.... What are your goals for next year?

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Time to start thinking about next year.... What are your goals?

We're pretty much done for the year here. The heavy rainy and windy season starts Weds.
Time to start re-running my cons, make new equipment and plan for next year.

My list:
1. Build the quad jet eductor for Lycofs new dredge...it's going to be epic strong.
2. Make a new abs 10'x12" 3 section, back pack-able, nesting sluice box for dredging season.
3. Making a self feeder for heavy, black beach sand for above sluice for the winter season.
4. Order new Gold Hog mats for both setup's to put in said new sluice.
5. Finding much gold in both above listed setups.
6. Look at and test some claims in Idaho to find the perfect one to call my own.
7. Find enough time to do all the above.

Good luck all
Mike

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(1) Stay alive
(2) Get the hell out of Florida
(3) Stop being helpful to the wrong people
(4) Get gold

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
After hurting myself again recovering my mercury remediation machine before winter I think I am going to take a break from that next year and focus on some serious high banking. Last year I fractured my tibia, this year I did something horribly painful to my upper arm and my back isn't too happy either, upgrading to 6" isn't in the cards lol.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Welcome to the "club"!! It's been 3 years now that I've been out because of this or that myself! BUT next Summer I'm going to give it one more try in Wyoming!

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm going to try to wear out my new drywasher!:laughing7: One or more sessions per week as long as soil conditions are right and exploration and sampling when they are not.

Last edited:

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be building the 3" Redneck gravity dredge for use in meat creek. Hoping to aquire a wet suit So I can get deep. I'm also going to be checking out the higher reaches of the claim in search of the source gold.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using TreasureNet.com mobile app

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've got too many "prospects" so achieving some focus is probably in order. There are more than a dozen spots in five or six areas that I'd like to explore/invest time in.

I'll break it down by distance.

Five miles from home, the wash can produce a couple bucks a day once I'm in a paystreak. Gave up a few years ago looking for more and bigger gold. Not many pickers out there. Someone even suggested the La Tuna Cyn area. No sure about that.

Twenty miles. Upper canyon gold is bigger, courser and harder to find. Seasonal water makes it difficult to work most of the year. But the potential is there for stream,high bank, and even hard rock prospects. Exploring multiple strategies, wet and dry. This radius also includes points north of me in other watersheds.

Forty miles. The obvious, popular gold bearing river in so cal. Many miles of prospects. I currently have an area of interest close to parking. Also would like to hike up at least to the flats. And also explore some high bank areas. Again points north also fall in this radius.

Just beyond in the sixty-90 mile range brings Kern river, Lytle creek/ Mohave river, Piru or desert areas like Randsburg , Barstow or Palm Springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpete

Oct 16, 2017
Utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Investigate some new areas locally
learn a bunch more about gold prospecting
hook up with local club

Hickory Joe

Greenie
Nov 5, 2017
El Dorado County, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Like some of the others, I didn’t get out near as much as I wanted this year, so I got a TON of catching up to do for next year.

Right now I’m reading and asking as many question about detecting as possible. My primary goal for next year - get up to speed as fast as I can to do some high Sierra detecting. Those ancient river channels have been calling my name for way too long and it’s time for me to do something about it. I realize it’s one of the hardest forms of detecting, but I got to learn sometime.

I also want to meet some new fellow prospectors to detect with in my area (El Dorado County). None of my panning buddies are willing to take the plunge into detecting with me. I’m tempted to go out solo, but I know that’s not always a good idea out in the boondocks.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Investigate some new areas locally
learn a bunch more about gold prospecting
hook up with local club

...and get Alan Chenworth’s book if you don’t already have it.
“A Guide to Gold Panning in Utah” ...it’s great!

C & W Minerals

Greenie
Aug 22, 2017
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Gold Trap Explorer, Le Trap
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Day trips - Sampling Eastern slope creeks from Pikes Peak as far North as local laws let me.

2 day trips - Backpacking and sampling Southern Chaffee/Fremont County/Pike-San Isabel Natl Forest creeks.

2+ day trips - Camping and sampling Sangre De Cristo Western slope creeks.

Stake a claim based on above sampling.

8 day vacation planned for July to Lake Havasu Arizona - Spend a couple days with the Grizzly Explorer. (Anybody in the area interested in getting together, some local knowledge would be great).

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Find a grubstaker, and hit a lb of gold, might.as well set the bar high it's my last year fulltime mining gold, heck might get me some trophy gold this time.
GT,,,,

Last edited:

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've reconsidered/found focus.

IMG_0529.JPG

I decided to concentrate on this area.

IMG_0422.JPG

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IMG_0545.JPG

And the titanium.

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, I found seemingly great gold sampling a plot of land I own near Randsburg while drywashing just eight days before the rains began. Between that and my my special little East Fork shaming canyon, I need to focus on maximizing efficiency in highbanking with recirculation. Also, fortunately and unfortunately, I just learned of another area that has significant history but no modern chatter, internet or otherwise. It's thousands of unclaimed, formerly claimed acres and I want to explore all of it.

I want to continue to maximize the efficiency of my equipment and maximize the amount of cubic yards that two guys with picks and shovels can run in the amount of hours per week their wives give them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread