Time to start thinking about next year.... What are your goals for next year?

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Time to start thinking about next year.... What are your goals?

We're pretty much done for the year here. The heavy rainy and windy season starts Weds.
Time to start re-running my cons, make new equipment and plan for next year.

My list:
1. Build the quad jet eductor for Lycofs new dredge...it's going to be epic strong.
2. Make a new abs 10'x12" 3 section, back pack-able, nesting sluice box for dredging season.
3. Making a self feeder for heavy, black beach sand for above sluice for the winter season.
4. Order new Gold Hog mats for both setup's to put in said new sluice.
5. Finding much gold in both above listed setups.
6. Look at and test some claims in Idaho to find the perfect one to call my own.
7. Find enough time to do all the above.

Good luck all
Mike

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GrizzlyGoldTrap

Feb 24, 2017
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
-Run a sluice every month of the year here in Colorado.
-Start a prospecting group ("Backpacking for Gold") interested in mapping and exploring "new" river/stream locations that you need to backpack into.
-Establish a claim in Colorado

OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
okbasspro be careful!
I don't know your winter range but if in South Nev., Az., or Tx. beware of banditos, tweekers, and others that want what you might have or things you might have seen.
My brother winters in Laughlin, Nv. and has had more than a few run in's with bad people out in the desert. He won't venture far anymore nor go without major protection even on a well used dirt road.
Bad times for us honest people my friend.
Good luck and keep an eye out!

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
1.) Get Healthy
2.) Finish what I started 2 years ago:...further exploration and discovery.
3.) Work a new placer deposit.
4.) Hook up with some old mining buddies
5.) Take on some anti mining issues

Bejay

Last edited:

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm still thinking about this year -- hit it hard today with my hand powered drywasher -- took a peak with
a test pan and was happy -- dam this Tecate with lime and salt around the edge taste good as I type.

Might build another drywasher this winter with more emphasis on making it lighter and more compact.
Mike

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know what? Your question just seamed to strike me in a peculiar way. It just kind of dawned on me, maybe I should retire next year. I've been working continuously for 50 years. I think I'm getting tired. It's kind of startling to even think about it.

Huh, how about that?
Mike

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To not get sick for 3months right at the peak of the season! oh and a nugget would be ok also hehe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Quad jets are fun. I was thinking about putting together a 6".

Finish my trommel.

put together a wet suit heater.

stake a couple claims.

build a beach box.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Finish writing & ...
Publish my book!
Work my claim.
Have fun in Alaska next summer :)

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like good plans.

Me, digging season hasn't even started yet.
Still trying to get a Buck. I was hiking out a few days ago and popped a few crystal points out of a crack I worked some nice chunks out of theres a big cluster I need to come back for.

I only had my hunting gear but did have a screwdriver in a pocket of my pack to pry crystals with.Noticed a big slab that will come out with a pry bar I'll be back for it maybe today. Fun walking the creek when it's dry and finding new cracks.

Still waiting for rain to get the creek flowing enough to sluice. May have to fire up the pump, as there is standing water.

My season is the traditional foothill placer season...the wet and cold season. I prefer it actually to summer.

The store is only open weekends now. So, my schedule is open other than fall chores, private clients and hunting. Some smoked trout in the forcast a week or two off, when I head over to Nevada to work out some stuff with someone who has a CNC mill and router. 8-)

Medina Joe

Jul 4, 2014
Medina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This season get my 8 year old son his first deer. I hope Wednesday or Thursday.

Next season get me a Gold Hog Piglet/with Gold Hog fine recovery Mats.
Teach my son more about Life,Nature,Vegetable gardening 101, & GOLD.
Learn more about flood-flour gold. (OHIO) fine bigger pay streaks.
Have more sex with the woman.....:icon_thumright:

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still working on finishing this season, meet up with some fellow prospectors and explore some new areas. This season was dramatically affected by lots of things so I didn't get out as much as planned, but I have major ideas for next season.. gotta get the kayaks out eventually and still filming a ton of footage for what may turn into a documentary style flick of northern mother lode region modern day prospecting.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using TreasureNet.com mobile app

davidhutto

Greenie
Sep 18, 2017
Leesville, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looking to expand my prospecting horizons by searching for element rich materials to extract, and refine, instead of the narrower gold mining.

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This season I didn't get out much, next season at least 3-5 times a week being that I live 10 mins from 5 major river systems I shouldn't have any excuse. My plan is to get more gold, get more toys to get more gold, and yes get more gold lol

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow! Next year so soon.

Let me think. ??[emoji848] New Year's Day high in my home town watershed. Sorry if you're in a northern climate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AU79 Prospector

Jun 25, 2017
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta AU Goldfinder
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
New Years Goals - More gold and more fun than 2017. Would also maybe love to experiment with a battery powered trommel to try something different

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
to find ten pounds of 22k gold on the Mass beach in May ( or a wealthy supermodel who adores me)

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
We're pretty much done for the year here. The heavy rainy and windy season starts Weds.
Time to start re-running my cons, make new equipment and plan for next year.

My list:
1. Build the quad jet eductor for Lycofs new dredge...it's going to be epic strong.
2. Make a new abs 10'x12" 3 section, back pack-able, nesting sluice box for dredging season.
3. Making a self feeder for heavy, black beach sand for above sluice for the winter season.
4. Order new Gold Hog mats for both setup's to put in said new sluice.
5. Finding much gold in both above listed setups.
6. Look at and test some claims in Idaho to find the perfect one to call my own.
7. Find enough time to do all the above.

Good luck all
Mike
the rainy season unlocks a lot of areas that are harder to mine in summer. in nor cal any ways. pm me when you see a river of ducks heading south, please. i would greatly appreciate it.

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
...next year....middle of trimming season around these parts now so I'll wait to ponder plans for next year around,,,,eh,,next year, HA!
Ditto on the wetsuit heater and also gotta hook up an underwater speaker system. Gotta make a new shaker/grizzly for the wash plant soon as I spend less a month then I make, dang it!
Speaking of underwater music any of you try "Spotify.com" to listen to free music? Laptop/wifi/12v battery with a power adapter/and about a thirty foot speaker wire and good to go.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread