Not Fake News

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is direct info from someone to me. So, I don't want to hear anything about pushing for donors.:laughing7:

Sunday a guy stopped in the store. He is a coach for kids soccer, they practice at a park by the river.

He was asking if I had a map of closed claims. I was telling him why there wasn't . Letting him know how he can find public lands and how to check for current claims. Talking about MLM etc.

I started to lose him when I was using words like township..range....section...you know stuff like that.

He lives up by me. I asked where. He mentions he is off of Johnstown creek. All private land in the area. Says part of the creek is on his land.
Theres gold in that creek. I ask why don't you work there first ?

Says he was until the "Forest Service" showed up.

"Forest service? your on private land"

He says " I mean fish and game"
He was running a generator to power a shop vac. A neighbor called Dept. of F and W on him.

The officer told him what he was doing was illegal and he told him to stop so he did.

Obviously I told him what I though about it..and what he should have said and what I would have said and done.

he grabbed one of my cards we talked for a while. I recognized him from school functions or other sports. I'm gonna head down next time there are games and get contact info from him. Maybe I'll go run a crack vac on his creek until the green suit shows up.

This isn't the first story of an interesting interaction with F&W since 637 that I've heard a first hand account I have been told.
Where the LEO left with no citation given, even though the individual was admonished that what they were doing was illegal.

It's only a matter of time before I'm sharing my own interaction I'm pretty sure of it.Though it will be dependent on some busy body calling.
F&W has no reason to be where I'm at otherwise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No..That's almost too much nonsense to go through on our own lands...My property, my creek, no questions.....Just have to change what I'm searching for?

"My wife lost her ring, it slipped right off in the cold water, falling into a crack in the rock. I'm just trying to find her ring!!! After all I'm sick of hearing about it from her ,Officer. You understand, don't you?" :laughing7: "I won't be able to get a nights quiet sleep until I find this ring!!!"

Or something along those lines....And hopefully? He will start digging out the cracks for me, by the time I'm done!:laughing7:
Hope the neighbor who may have called in did not record all the digging going on. What if one finds the "Motherlode" while looking for the "Wife ring" with the "Fish and Game" helping on the dig?.........LOL

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you feed a stray dog don't "expect" it to move on at your convenience.

The dog may be obnoxious and mangy but it just wanted "your" attention. You "fed" it now it's your dog.

This one wants your "dog" to get off my "lawn". You may need a "survey" but until you stop feeding the mutt it will crap where it gets it's "food".

Enjoy your "new" dog. And clean up it's mess. I'm tired of smelling it. :BangHead:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you feed a stray dog don't "expect" it to move on at your convenience.

The dog may be obnoxious and mangy but it just wanted "your" attention. You "fed" it now it's your dog.

This one wants your "dog" to get off my "lawn". You may need a "survey" but until you stop feeding the mutt it will crap where it gets it's "food".
Enjoy your "new" dog. And clean up it's mess. I'm tired of smelling it. :BangHead:

There's a dog poopin in the yard now? Where did it come from? I thought we were in a creek!:laughing7:

I'm in the garage again laughing like a kid! Sry...I just had to!:laughing7: It gets a little boring out here at times!

I'll stop with my end of the nonsense...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You get walked all over in life if you don't stand up for your self & your rights.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it has already been stated what the thread is about. A person owns a home with a creek that has gold.

He was asked to stop by a Fish and wildlife officer who cited a law that doesn't apply.

It was posted to share that the incident happened and could therefore happen to others in the situation.

The core subject of this thread was stated in the very first post.

It would be nice if the moderators realized quicker when people switch up names and technique....just so they can come here and play under the bridge with burlap and fish oil.

At first I did think the guy was a bot...but, the more I think about it the more I see whats going on here and it is weird and annoying.

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya, at times it looks like a Bot, then there are other times it doesn't, so that throws me. Maybe there is a way to jump in and switch on/off to a real person?:dontknow: I don't know enough about this stuff. But almost looks programish. ??? And Targeted?

Last edited:

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dumb question but who is switching up names and/or a bot?

Just curious.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dumb question but who is switching up names and/or a bot?

Just curious.

It would be breaking rules on Tnet to make a direct accusation. So, you probably won't get an answer in a post.:laughing7:

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It would be breaking rules on Tnet to make a direct accusation. So, you probably won't get an answer in a post.:laughing7:

No worries.

The original post was a good one.

I learn a lot here especially with guys like you, Goldwasher and Clay Diggins (and several others) posting info that directly benefits us miners.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please explain how owning a home has anything to do with the 'Permitted' activities in or on the near by creak below the "Mean high water mark"?
Please explain why this could happen to others as far as a visit from "Fish and Game" who cited laws that don't apply?
Please explain why "Fish and Game" can and will give "Citations"?
Please explain why most who have been given "Citations" have a poor 'Track record'?
Please explain how asking questions make ones a "Bot" or is weird and annoying?
Please start posting "Citations" examples.
Please start posting examples of "Citations" throughout history upon the streams and rivers.
Please explain why this is going to stop now in this day in age as far as a history of "Citations" goes just because one thinks it does not apply.
Show proof of how this does not apply to the "Waters / Lands" in question.

Don't expect any likes on this post.....LOL:laughing7:

There she is 8-) Thank You

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that doesn't show the "game" agenda? I don't know what does..Pretty well blatantly spelled out there! That took any doubt out of my mind.

On other sites, people can be locked out of certain threads instead of shutting the whole thread down or kicking them off the site. Tnet needs something like that.....Too many back to back posts, agitating, etc....

It probably would have even been a good thing to do to me on certain topics I feel strong about. And just can't keep my mouth shut.:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that doesn't show the "game" agenda? I don't know what does..Pretty well blatantly spelled out there! That took any doubt out of my mind.

On other sites, people can be locked out of certain threads instead of shutting the whole thread down or kicking them off the site. Tnet needs something like that.....Too many back to back posts, agitating, etc....

It probably would have even been a good thing to do to me on certain topics I feel strong about. And just can't keep my mouth shut.:laughing7:

What you describe is just forum stuff. When your actually bantering on topic, with relevant info.

What were seeing right now I consider spamming.

If the Moderator for the prospecting sub-forum had prospecting and mining knowledge I imagine it would get shut down quicker. Oh,well.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so my guess is you are 17 years old, bipolar, home schooled, can only dream of going outside.
not a class room, people would like to know about why the F&G think a shop vac is a suction dredge.
or why LEO's think they can harass people "under color of law" that they know is wrong.

but you have done your job of diluting the topic so people cant get a real world discussion going.
you need to stop posting crap or we will start reporting anything that looks like it came from a TROLL Factory....

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so my guess is you are 17 years old, bipolar, home schooled, can only dream of going outside.
not a class room, people would like to know about why the F&G think a shop vac is a suction dredge.
or why LEO's think they can harass people "under color of law" that they know is wrong.

but you have done your job of diluting the topic so people cant get a real world discussion going.
you need to stop posting crap or we will start reporting anything that looks like it came from a TROLL Factory....

Or a middle aged extremist or program....looking for possible slip ups or bad info, to use as "an example of .........".

Targeting to make someone look bad. After reading through I can't think of any other reasons...Too much time and effort for just "Boredom".

:dontknow:

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Deleted
Thank you for your inputs.

You do know you can delete.... with out posting.. deleted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are just editing and posting deleted...:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Deleted
Thank you.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You do know you can delete.... with out posting.. deleted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are just editing and posting deleted...:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
Yes this one did this so people will know what happened. Plus may mess up the post numbers don't know. Thank you for pointing this out Oregon Viking. :icon_thumleft:8-)
In time may delete all of the posts and start a new thread.
Do not want to talk about "Crack vac. vs. dredge" as this will just miss the point and be laughed at in "Court".
News flash the "Citation" for using a 'Crack vac.' can and will be the same for the 'Dredge' on the creek.
If someone will post a example of the "Citation" with names blanked out . Would be a good start. Expect enforcement to to pick up soon.

Last edited:

calsierra-Dan

Jun 1, 2015
eldorado co.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Goldmonster 1000
Primary Interest:
Other
Stupid dfw bugging folks with small vac ! Lame! how they gotta pickon someone who most likely doesnt proably know regs , just thinks panning ,sluicin is cool which is should be ! as sucking a lil crack with a vac!

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am now confused. Does not both private and public lands fall under the jurisdiction of the F & W. Be it State or Federal? I own private land but I can not ignore either Federal or State Fish and Wildlife issues. So I am confused. I would assume maybe that the LEO was a USFS Fish & Wildlife officer, then it is a matter of jurisdictional authority. What agency did the LEO represent? I am confused.

Bejay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions