Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Some resent history of the "Location Fees":
30 U.S. Code § 28g - Location fee
Notwithstanding any other provision of law, for every unpatented mining claim, mill or tunnel site located after August 10, 1993, to the extent provided in advance in Appropriations Acts, pursuant to the Mining Laws of the United States, the locator shall, at the time the location notice is recorded with the Bureau of Land Management, pay to the Secretary of the Interior a location fee, in addition to the claim maintenance fee required by section 28f of this title, of $25.00 per claim.
(Pub. L. 103–66, title X, § 10102, Aug. 10, 1993, 107 Stat. 406; Pub. L. 105–277, div. A, § 101(e) [title I], Oct. 21, 1998, 112 Stat. 2681–231, 2681–235; Pub. L. 107–63, title I, (2), Nov. 5, 2001, 115 Stat. 419; Pub. L. 108–108, title I, (2), Nov. 10, 2003, 117 Stat. 1245; Pub. L. 110–161, div. F, title I, (3), Dec. 26, 2007, 121 Stat. 2101; Pub. L. 111–8, div. E, title I, Mar. 11, 2009, 123 Stat. 704; Pub. L. 111–88, div. A, title I, Oct. 30, 2009, 123 Stat. 2907.)
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/30/28g
Does anyone pay a $25.00 Claim Fee total today? Please share stories.
What is the bases of the increase of the fees? Congress making new policies form time to time? What happens if the fees are "Tindered in Silver or Gold"?
Thank you for the post.
Do not some "States Constitutions" have statements about "Tindering"? What does your "States Constitutions" say? This may be a little off topic however Congress did state about "$25.00" that the United states Constitution of America does define "Money". Any thoughts?
Forgot to ask the question is not the "$2.50 per acre" only valid if "Tindered in Silver and Gold"? The same question can be asked about with "Survey costs" in order to be "Official Plat". This one thinks there is some "The State of California Mining Case Law" about this. What about "Surface Location fees"? These questions maybe right on target with this thread topic.
So the record of a “Surface Location” is ‘Evidence the record person is a’ “Consumer”.
This one thinks the “Act of…..” setting the price may not refer to a “Consumer” at all could be wrong don't think so.
These adjustments reflect changes in the Consumer Price Index (CPI), which is published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The final rule is effective June 30, 2014.
If the term "Consumer" was not used in the original "Act of Congress" then just what is the 'New contract of a Consumer" all about?
Just what is "Tindered by a Consumer" for the "Record fees"
Since the subject of 'Inflation' was posted. Just how much 'Inflation' is there with a 1947 silver quarter that bought more then a gallon of gas in 1947 and today still does. Now compare this to most "Federal reserve Bank notes".
Please define a "Consumer" by a "Act of Congress".
Is this 'Inflation' a tax only for "Consumers" as well as a "Binding contract" separate from "Acts of Congress"?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
inflation!
since we are no longer on the gold standard, I guess you could pay in copper & zinc (pennies)

(EDIT)
Consumer Price Index is the inflation rate, this year it was 2.2%

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Assembler, how are these posts of yours relevant to the topic? Seems you are just trolling for an argument.

Also, please update your prior post rather than creating multiple posts in a row on the same thread. It's easier for everyone that way. Thanks!

While I'm at it...tinder=fire starting materials; tender= to pay in some form

...see how I got three thoughts in one crisp, organized post? Try it some time ;)

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Assembler, how are these posts of yours relevant to the topic? Seems you are just trolling for an argument.

Also, please update your prior post rather than creating multiple posts in a row on the same thread. It's easier for everyone that way. Thanks!

While I'm at it...tinder=fire starting materials; tender= to pay in some form

...see how I got three thoughts in one crisp, organized post? Try it some time ;)
Thank you for the correction as the post was made when this one was tired typing away. If there is any real trolling happening it is for information and answers. The arguments still can happen no matter what is said.
To help answer your question as clearly stated in almost any "Manual of Surveying Instructions":
The original records have been transferred to the States (about 29 States) where the public land surveys have been completed, excepting Oklahoma
The "Enabling acts" of 29 States can also explain a connection as to the "Fees per acre, recording fees, Surveying" going back to "Acts of Congress"
This gives a foundation for the "Field regions of BLM" as well as "The State Offices".
After all Coos County is in the process of buying 'Forest acres' for "$2.50 an acre" as authorize to do so in part by the all of the above.
Will try to make a update posts not sure how to do that yet.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you for the correction as the post was made when this one was tired typing away. If there is any real trolling happening it is for information and answers. The arguments still can happen no matter what is said.
To help answer your question as clearly stated in almost any "Manual of Surveying Instructions":

The "Enabling acts" of 29 States can also explain a connection as to the "Fees per acre, recording fees, Surveying" going back to "Acts of Congress"
This gives a foundation for the "Field regions of BLM" as well as "The State Offices".
After all Coos County is in the process of buying 'Forest acres' for "$2.50 an acre" as authorize to do so in part by the all of the above.
Will try to make a update posts not sure how to do that yet.
The 'Core issue' is that this was "Tendered" in only silver and gold just take a look at some of the "States original constitutions". Also to keep in mind is the fact of "Trial over 21 dollars" of silver or gold as per "States original constitutions"

Ask yourself how many people you know that are alive that "Tendered there Location" or for that matter "Discovery" in Silver? May make it a little harder to "Perfect there Claim".

Anyone look at the "Land Office records on how the location was Tendered"?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OMG did you go off your med's again, you need to take them, for all our sanity...
Just posting if anyone is interested in looking at "Mining history case laws"........LOL.:laughing7::icon_scratch:
By the way the edit post box only is there for so many days. Thus one can not edit there own post after a period of days.

Ask yourself how many people you know that are alive that "Tendered there Location" or for that matter "Discovery" in Silver? May make it a little harder to "Perfect there Claim".

Anyone look at the "Land Office records on how the location was Tendered"?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread