There is no Gold in Virginia =) - Video

AU79 Prospector

Jun 25, 2017
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta AU Goldfinder
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is no gold in Virginia. I highly suggest any East coast gold prospectors head out west. :laughing7:

I've come a long way since the spring. This outing was our best... so far... but you know they say - the best is yet to come :icon_thumright: This winter I will be working my "problem" with the Gold Hog Piglet crash box inadequately washing the rocks to spare my hands all that work next year. (6000 gpH total from THREE 12v bilge pumps (3500-4000 gph real world) should be enough -- but its still not cutting it. Considering using a battery powered 12V Gold Trommel. There should be some fun experimenting over the winter! Would love input from the prospecting Vets on this forum!

If you are interested in subscribing to my YouTube channel click here: AU79 Prospecting

Last edited:
Upvote 0

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, very cool, I like how you pay attention to the stratigraphy of what you are working, identifying flood events, disturbed, undisturbed, is key in testing, its been my experience that with the clay,and poor water Flo, drainage that you appear to have, that it may be likely to have pockets of good concentrations, look for evidence of flood events, these will appear to have thin layers of clay over naturally stratified gravels, with mottled gravels above. Keep digging bro, keep vids coming.

OP
OP
A

AU79 Prospector

Jun 25, 2017
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta AU Goldfinder
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you Loco!

Do you guys have any thoughts on a 12V trommel to help process this clay rich material better? I saw a few youtube videos about Gold Fox USA trommels - seems like the trommel may save my hands and speed up the process. I would like to process "1 bucket" (realistically filled 75%) in about 1 minute. I think this may also help use my existing water more efficiently.

Last edited:

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a tromel,would speed up,production by freeing your hands to grab the next bucket, and save your hands to, although it likely will not help with water,rather the more material you run faster,the more sediment and particals will be in suspension, thus making your water issues worse,may I suggest you might want to spend some time to enlarge the water pond, I use cheap tarps to help slow water drainage, but make atleast one more pond below your existing one in a sort of lock,type system, it seems you need more time for settling,most water problems are solved with water management rather than equipment. ....don't forget to remove tarps if used

OP
OP
A

AU79 Prospector

Jun 25, 2017
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta AU Goldfinder
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for your insight loco oro! i love the idea of a tarp based holding pond lower down. I will experiment and work on that this offseason. If I combine this with a trommel, 3+ gram cleanups maybe in my future! One can only hope =)

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
002.JPG
There is a little in Va. :)

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on finding some nice yella! :headbang::hello2:

I'll stay with my original statement though. How much do you have invested in equipment, gasoline, hours? If it is just a hobby, and you have the money to blow, looks like you're having fun - and that's really all that matters! :occasion14:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this a little better ?:) 003.JPG

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my little gold recovery system 010.JPG

Last edited:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
083.JPG
Here is a little Virginia picker that I found.Took it to a jeweler and had it mounted to a chain ,for my baby:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread