Beginners Luck Busting Bed Rock

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
So I was checking out a claim we are doing an outing at next week. There was lots of bedrock. I did some sample of gravel bars, mostly flood gold and not a lot of it. I recently watched a video of busting bedrock. The conditions looked ideal. I forgot to mention I packed into this location so I was packing light.

I grabbed my crow bar and started separating the bedrock. The first bucket yielded a nice picker. I kept working the bedrock for a couple of hours. I found it interesting that there were pockets of gravel and rocks under the bedrock I had moved. Here are a couple of pics.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510374145.427281.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510374163.246718.jpg

I also forgot to mention I was running my AM Explorer.

Just thought I’d throw this in for fun. The little guy is seventh generation and my granddaughter (step) will be first generation.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510374515.036803.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy AzV - How am I : Well some over doing it has caught up with me, my left shoulder rotary cuff needs repairing. Then the left knee is bone on bone so I need to look into that. With these two taken care of and a long time to exercise carefully I hope to be back out in the hills in 2019, but both need taking care of before I go out again!

These two items kept me from doing all I wanted to do this Sept-October but at least I was out there and had a chance to begin getting over the work stress, need more time though! I'm trying to work towards several goals: physical & mental health, family genealogy study/family tree building, understand the condition of my motorcycle so it can be sold, paying off the last two student loans, purchasing a reliable printer mostly (95%) monochrome printing, in a year looking for a job (plastic extrusion typically medical device), at some point replacing my 1992 Bronco, eliminating some of the stuff I own and just maybe finding a good woman to marry and be a good man for her. So I do not have that much going on.

I 'did look on the Harbor Freight site', three 4 ton units and one 10 ton unit, they are interesting. I can think of several boulders that need turning over and one of these units might work very nicely for that purpose. Using one of these would limit the stress to the newly repaired rotary cuff! I need to go to a HF store to look at the product to understand how all of the longer bars are used but pushing and splitting are interesting work benefits! The total package will have a significant weight to it so getting it down the canyon wall will need consideration. After the knee rebuild, I suspect my 85 lb pack weight will need to be cut down to half that so that means two trips in and two trips out to get it all down and back out. Then for a long term stay I can see four trips to get it all in. Too many toys!

Your drone videos are Awesome! I do not think my brain would allow me to fly one of those but they sure do show a person what is there! I suspect a serious concussion around age Six is what caused my issue. Big Lake Ice Skating in Michigan, one slip and a fall = knocked out, seeing blotches swimming in my vision when I came to, tried to talk but only gibberish came out of my mouth and serious headaches into my 20's.................63bkpkr

I sure do enjoy being out there Bronco @ Sailor Panoramic.jpg

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that particular spreader is either 300 or 500psi, the hydraulic unit itself and the rams are 4 ton but not the spreader. I have the same kit and the Sierra Blaster works better and weighs a lot less.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reed, the Sierra Blaster, is that the stuff that swells in drilled holes and just breaks rocks apart? I watched one of your videos a long time ago where you were drilling and letting the solution break the rocks apart. If so where does one purchase that product? Thanks............63bkpkr

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reed, the Sierra Blaster, is that the stuff that swells in drilled holes and just breaks rocks apart? I watched one of your videos a long time ago where you were drilling and letting the solution break the rocks apart. If so where does one purchase that product? Thanks............63bkpkr

That stuff was Ecobust and it was ok but Sierra Blaster is a whole different ball game.

SierraBlaster

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread