Gold cube question

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just picked up a 3 stack cube with the trommel. Yes I know I have a serious equipment addiction problem ; )
But I saw it in the local classifieds. It has only been use a couple of times. He only wanted 500.00 so figured why not. He gave me the pump with it. I believe it's a 1100 ghp. Is that enough to run the cube and trommel? Or should I get something slightly bigger.

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What a great deal! Get a 1500 gph pump and you’ll LOVE it! I can’t wait to “help” you run it :)

OP
OP
utah mason

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What a great deal! Get a 1500 gph pump and you’ll LOVE it! I can’t wait to “help” you run it :)
Yeah, I saw the price and though I would be a damn fool not pick it up. It has very little wear, no scratches in paint in trommel or anywhere else. I also see people on YouTube run another pipe to the hopper. Is that necessary, or should I just run it as designed?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As designed is how I’ve run it...goes great. Of course I learned from Red Wilcox (GC CO-inventor) so naturally I learned by he book ;)

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have you read the article on my website with tips on running a gold cube?

OP
OP
utah mason

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm going out tomorrow with fmrUSMC_0844 so he can test out the piglet. I'll try and find a 1500 bilge on my way up there, if not I might run it with the one he gave me.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

It would be an interesting exercise to see how long the battery that came with your whippet would power the unit without the trommel and maybe with it. That is what I use with my mini cube. They are expensive little boogers but they sure are light.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
utah mason

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It would be an interesting exercise to see how long the battery that came with your whippet would power the unit without the trommel and maybe with it. That is what I use with my mini cube. They are expensive little boogers but they sure are light.[emoji106]
I wish I had my whippet to be able to test battery life. I just heard from him a few days ago, he's getting closer! Just finished the riffle tray, Making the air box now.
Man I thought the wait for my bgt's was long.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If I remember right, my wait was over 9 months....but worth it.:thumbsup:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It would be an interesting exercise to see how long the battery that came with your whippet would power the unit without the trommel and maybe with it. That is what I use with my mini cube. They are expensive little boogers but they sure are light.:thumbsup:

Yes it would. I’ll bring the battery to SLC next month and try it out with Utah Mason!

OP
OP
utah mason

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes it would. I’ll bring the battery to SLC next month and try it out with Utah Mason!
Nice, looking forward to it. I had a chance to run it today. I'm pretty damn impressed! It can chew through a surprising amount of material. I'll clean up the cons this week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread