Yankee jims

infotraker

Dec 20, 2013
Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Went prospecting at Yankee jims bridge area yesterday. There was a drilling rig on the north side next to the old bridge. They were taking core samples preparing for the building of a new bridge. The old bridge will become a walking bridge only. The project will probably take several years.
Link for Info

http://www.foresthillmessenger.com/...cle_b4c248fe-9dba-11e7-9bc5-4f70d214aa4d.html

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510784701.393027.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bout time. That bridge is a death trap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Did you sample the samples?

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe this means they will actually put a road in?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
infotraker

infotraker

Dec 20, 2013
Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We looked at the core samples, no Gold seen. I love the road, just drive carefully. The north upstream path is really rugged and brushy but we had fun exploring, got down to the river in one area by rope. Very slippery. Not for faint at heart . Next time we will go further upstream and maybe better Gold.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah highgrading and tresspassin... good times

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ah highgrading and tresspassin... good times
That area around the bridge as well as several miles upstream and downstream is all patented private property. I help provide maps so anyone can check before they go.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

Heavy Pans

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BOR land also.

The property on the river in sec. 30 was for sale during the summer it isn't listed anymore. Nice property.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to go check for myself as I was under the impression that this was all ASRA but wow its not.. Well, I guess the tickets and harassment from the rangers in the area is irrelevant then if there enforcing on private land? Really a shame, Yankee Jims is a hot spot for prospecting, everyone knows that but I guess no one knows the legitimacy, including myself and even the rangers..

Can you still prospect on BOR land? I know you cant claim it but can you still hands and pans it legally? So much bs these days its hard to remember it all..

OP
OP
infotraker

infotraker

Dec 20, 2013
Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Now that I have more information about the property above Yankee jims we will stay away from the private area. Thanks for the info.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had to go check for myself as I was under the impression that this was all ASRA but wow its not.. Well, I guess the tickets and harassment from the rangers in the area is irrelevant then if there enforcing on private land? Really a shame, Yankee Jims is a hot spot for prospecting, everyone knows that but I guess no one knows the legitimacy, including myself and even the rangers..

Can you still prospect on BOR land? I know you cant claim it but can you still hands and pans it legally? So much bs these days its hard to remember it all..

The BOR doesn't own that land. It's private land. The BOR has an administrative overlay district for the dam that will never be built. The ASRA is also a district management overlay. Neither the BOR, State nor the ASRA own the land.

Think of it this way. You may own your home but it's still within a school district, a fire district and a zoning district. That still doesn't give me the right to go rummaging through your garage looking for valuables.

The Rangers and the ASRA have no right to charge for parking on anything but public land with a set of 8 features in one place. Only one of those features is improved parking. California keeps paying for parking on the public lands even though Congress and the Federal Courts say there is no right to collect those illegal "fees". If you pay money for parking on the public lands you might as well consider it either a donation or highway robbery. Your choice.

Heavy Pans

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering why they showed up in the overlay there.

So, the title is private. The owner entered into an agreement or did the gov. pull imminent domain when they were planning the dam.

I tried to look up the mtp at the shop earlier and the link wouldn't open even when I saved it. My pop up blocker

Now I'm back home with crap internet. It will take two minutes to post when I click enter for this.....so, i'll try again at the store tomorrow.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
or is the gov like " hey, you may be underwater one day, if you feel the need to complain deal with the BOR " "they're the administrator"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread