Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an interesting pan. How well does it capture the fines gold? That seems to be all I have around my area.

I works fairly well on fines, but you just have to modify the way you use it.
The same way you would as with a normal pan.
i.e. less material and not as aggressive on the cleaning.
We'll be doing a "fines testing" video in about 2 weeks.
Doc

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting dirt washer Doc!
I just saw this last night, and I was wondering if you would consider adding a flip up grizzly between the entry and exit points (Like your brilliant Clay Claw)? I'm thinking like the bars going straight from entry to exit point with like a punch plate at a 30 degree angle on the sides that would push the rocks down to the bars and out the back. Perhaps even angle it so it is up higher on the intake end just above the top of the hole so you would know which direction to put upstream when you go into sluice mode. I think this is a neat product, part rocker box, part sluice. Brilliant as always!
P70

Last edited:

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm looking forward to seeing that video. I like the pan. It would be great for hiking around and testing out different areas.

I works fairly well on fines, but you just have to modify the way you use it.
The same way you would as with a normal pan.
i.e. less material and not as aggressive on the cleaning.
We'll be doing a "fines testing" video in about 2 weeks.
Doc

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It kinda reminds me of panning in light surf on Lake Superior. The waves wash the pan out quicker than would seem prudent, but the gold was caught in the riffles!

It might work on Superior beach sands. Just keep the upstream side of the pan into the waves, and let the waves wash the pan out.

Would love to test one up there, maybe with a few different mats to see what the sand wants.

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if something like rubber flaps on a swivel would make it better for fines during stratifying. Put the flaps in the up position and shake, rotate them to the down position (clearing the openings), and then sluice. Give it that time to break the surface tension and be able to settle?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When surf panning, that gold had to drop within 5 seconds or the waves would carry it away. The more fluid the material, the faster the gold can drop, and you'll be suprized at how fast it does drop!

OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just want to be VERY CAREFUL making any claims that are not valid, true, or tough to work for the average person.
Same principle applies on all our gear.
So I really stay away from any "SANDS", and don't recommend it for them, as the stratification process is slow due to particles fighting each other and
hydraulic equivalence issues. Where it TRULY SHINES... is for the average person working AVERAGE bank material / pay.
Put a shovel in unclassified... face down stream and do the "DANCE" for 5 seconds... turn sideways and use the flow to clear... another 5 - 10 seconds.
You can work an average bucket.... in about 5 minutes which for a PAN... is fast.
PLUS... the fact that it BREAKS DOWN and fits into a very small space was the MAIN and FIRST rule when designing.

VERY... VERY.... VERY... happy with the end result to the point that it's the only product in this market that
comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Guarantee | Flow Pan

If you don't agree with us... send it back.
Doc

flowpanfield.jpg

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, we won't know about Superior sands until we test it. It should be good for the Alaska trip I'm planning. Expect an order!

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pretty cool Doc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what is "average"?

The "average person" working "average" bank material or raw pay as stated in the video.
It's NOT for the person on a beach working black sands.
Hope that makes sense.
Doc

AU79 Prospector

Jun 25, 2017
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta AU Goldfinder
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So after 3 YEARS... yes, 3 years.... We finally got this thing done.
My goal was to create a PORTABLE gold pan that would still move lots of material quickly.
Have to say... it's FUN to use and really fast.
Spent the day doing testing, playing, and shooting some video.
Doc

Looks very promising. I will be testing this out and will post two videos - one my initial thoughts, and then a more thorough review after using it for a bit.

I am a fan of gold hog products but they are not all perfect. The piglet and multisluice are great! The Hogpan didn't quite work out for me (hard on back, cannot use in shallow water, hefty and cannot easily fit in a backpack). I am excited to test out this new product because I know its portable, and it looks like I can use it in shallow / low flow conditions!

~ AJ

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Kinda reminds me of this pan.... Which I think would have worked better if it had handles on the ends and had a curved bottom... Put hog mats (like the Yukon) in that baby and you would be really rockin....
MONTANA Gold Rocker Pan

Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 1.55.53 PM.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread