Contrary Creek Mineral VA 4 day trip

wildfirebill

Nov 11, 2017
Roanoke, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300 Metal Detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So it is official I have rented a Cabin in Lake Anna State Park for Weds Nov 22nd to sunday check out. I will be out everyday on the Contrary if anyone gets time away and would like to join me come on out. Look for the Trailblazer with this flag on the back window FB_IMG_1501530539325.jpg Going to do some sample buckets for the first day or 2 and see what I find.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wildfirebill

Nov 11, 2017
Roanoke, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
W

wildfirebill

Nov 11, 2017
Roanoke, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
1st specks of the dayhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1iKpZkXeqRP1kME1L6Mg2DIjhAafRFYJe/view?usp=drivesdk/IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know working outside the dredging areas currently down at the stacks of rocks moving away from bridge

On your way back to the bridge, suck out those cracks,under the bridge.Most always will pan out :)

OP
OP
W

wildfirebill

Nov 11, 2017
Roanoke, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
On your way back to the bridge, suck out those cracks,under the bridge.Most always will pan out :)
Planned on it tomorrow gonna head in about an hour to get to the store before in closes

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What ever it takes, love it,thought I was the only nut out there, bitten as bad as me I am three hours from you, ..........

OP
OP
W

wildfirebill

Nov 11, 2017
Roanoke, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Rather then go spend money this BLACK Friday go to the creek lol. Alright so I think I found a nice location got 8 specks from it so I believe it will be a early morning so I can haul the dredger down there so I can get it dug deeper. Gonna be a haul to get it there 3/4 miles carrying it think I'll leave the floats off and just carry the frame and moter

OP
OP
W

wildfirebill

Nov 11, 2017
Roanoke, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well that's that I will upload pics after work tomorrow long drive with all the holiday traffic leaving so a nice hot hot shower(luke warm at campground) is coming soon and a good nights rest

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you only got fly poops, I wouldn't laugh,I have the respect for all that share the passion for prospecting, to try and find what others say is impossible, and yet we still, wet,cold,tired,go out, and create a treasure hunt for ourselves everytime out,win or lose,we...you do not sit on couches saying its not worth it, it always is,to hell with those who laugh! !!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont feel bad.I just returned from a 2 day deer hunt in Patrick county and didn't even see ONE.

OP
OP
W

wildfirebill

Nov 11, 2017
Roanoke, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dont feel bad.I just returned from a 2 day deer hunt in Patrick county and didn't even see ONE.
Where at in Patrick my grandparents live off vfw

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
N. Fork rd. Stuart

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contrary creek has been hit hard,this is evidence of that, but you did get color, when this happens to me ,I just get excited about my next trip, its just as important to know where gold isn't as it is to know where gold might be, now you know. Thanks for sharing your trip, you might be disappointed, but don't be discouraged.

OP
OP
W

wildfirebill

Nov 11, 2017
Roanoke, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm happy that I found color. But after looking at a old map Shack posted on vagold wish I would of went alittle further down the creek to where the old stream bed was and the fact is I walked up it since there was very little water flowing when I was testing locations but decided to turn around since I was getting to far up in the property but when I go back I will definitely get some samples from it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread