Happy Thanksgiving!

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just hoping you are all eating well and visiting with friends and family today.

No Turkey here. Been on the job for the last two weeks and just had time to pick up a ham etc. meal at the grocery. That's OK cause it's not the food that matters today but the people.

There will be a bunch of old vets sitting around our table. Cranky, a little smelly and barely socialized they are the core of my generation and we will cherish and feed them whenever we can. I can only wish you have as happy a Thanksgiving as we are! :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
20171123_094344.jpg

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent the day pouring hot water into the panning tank to make it tolerable, and finished the final panning of the Model 5 tailings after removing the magnetite. Found a 100# and a 400# piece, so the total loss was 2x 100#, 2x 300#, and 1x 400#. Not bad at all, as I think the 100's were contamination from not cleaning the hauling buckets or shovel after handling gold bearing material. I know fluid beds aren't very good on the super tiny stuff. Then classified 9 buckets of raw beach sand to pull out the bark and roots, and then started the panning down to black sand. Saw numerous small flakes at the back of the pan while washing out the blond and garnet, so I must have hit a good patch!

Dinner was prime rib!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread